1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praying for the President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by evangelist6589, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was not the question. I would like to know your answer to the question.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you call yourself an "evangelist". Maybe because God commands it?

Did you ever consider that perhaos your failed marriage, issues with your past church, non-support from your present church, financial difficulties, and so on are God's judgment against your disobedience?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we have it. This "evangelist" doesn't pray for Democrats. I guess at least he's honest enough to admit to it.

Christianity seems to have moved far from Christ with this one.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You assume lots of things. I have plenty of support from my present church. I am able to pay all my bills as well.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 7:21-23
    "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

What did God say to do? God commanded us to pray for those in authority. This is even commanded through Paul, who lived under a very ungodly authority. Jesus even commanded us to pray for our enemies and those who persecute us.

And what do you, proclaiming to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, have to say about that? "Why would I pray for Democrats". Stop practicing lawlessness.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what you told us, your church elders declined to step in line with your “ministry”. From what you told us, you work to pay your bills and buy electronics that you enjoy but lack the ability to tithe. Your failed marriage is a legend of almost mythic proportion by now on this BB. And as you point out, God has not seen fit to bless your ministry with fruit….so yes, I think we can see a judgment here. The question is.....why can't you?

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First off I will say my marriage is ABSOLUTELY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Get that through your head. Second I obey the great commission. My church does not agree with contact evangelism or street evangelism. This is unfortunately a common problem amongst most churches these days, so stop personalizing it. Many churches are not on board with WOTM or street evangelism in general.

I do not believe in tithing I believe in free will giving which I am able to give when necessary. My church teaches the same. Tithing is not found in the NT.

Fruit is not about results but about obedience. From the book "Share Jesus without fear" the author says on page 17 that successful evangelism has absolutely nothing to do with bringing anyone to the Lord. In another book "The Gospel and Personal evangelism" the author says that the results of evangelism are not evangelism, and should not motivate us. We need to get away from the "win them mentality."

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin is everybody's business. The bible commands us to reprove, rebuke, and exhort sinners. (2 Timothy 4:2)

No fruit results from no obedience. "If you are leading and nobody is following you are not leading - you are just taking a walk."

Of course not. I would hope they would not be on board with a false gospel!

I believe we are under grace, not under law. And under grace we can do a lot better than a mere 10%. Well, that is, if we have grace in our lives.

Obedience brings blessings, and there is no greater blessing than souls won to Christ through the preaching of God's word. No souls. No blessing. No blessing. No obedience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correction – You abandoning your wife SHOULD HAVE BEEN none of our business but YOU made it our business by posting it here along with seeking justification for abandoning your wife. IT IS WHAT IT IS BECAUSE YOU MADE IT THAT WAY. Deal with it or go away.
    Wrong......You won’t even pray for Democrats. You talk about Jesus to people about Jesus….big whoop. The Great Commission is to disciple others. You can’t do that because of your own disobedience. You can't disciple others because you refuse to be a disciple yourself. Remember – God while God may use disobedience, He NEVER blesses it.
    Doesn’t matter does it? Your defense on that argument was that you couldn’t afford to tithe. Just like everything else in your “walk” you came about your doctrine by justifying what you wanted to do.
    From the book “Share Jesus without Fear”???? What kind of secular evangelist are you anyway????? From the BIBLE the Christian has a faith that bears fruit or is worthless. AND you are missing the fact that you are disobedient. You abandon your wife. You refuse to pray for Democrats. You squander the resources God has given you on yourself. You prized your "liberty" to drink over the conscious of your church members and family, to include your own wife.

You are disobedient. That is my point. Call yourself an "evangelist" but won't pray for someone if they are a Democrat. Won't obey God when it dissatisfies you. And you call yourself an evangelist.This is disgusting. Please....preach your false doctrine elsewhere.

You disqualified yourself as an evangelist long ago. I’m not surprised you don’t pray for Democrats. I’m not surprised you abandoned your wife. I’m not surprised you have enough to buy iWatches and apple computers but not enough to give 10 percent (from your post that was about…what….a cup of coffee a day????) to Church. I shouldn't have been surprised you replaced Christ with politics either as I don't think He was high on your list of priorities to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray for democrats. I just did not pray for the president, but that was a sin of mine.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It reflects who we are in Christ. While we were still sinners, enemies of God, Christ died for us. For us to have another attitude in us is, I agree, sinful. But more than it just being a sin it also reflects that something is terribly wrong. Sinful acts are manifestations of a deeper problem. The lost see their sin and they grieve. But unless it is a godly sorrow leading to repentance it is a sorrow leading to death.

Once again I urge you to become a disciple of Christ. I plead with you to get with your pastor and get in God's Word (not just as a bunch of facts or arguments but to form you into the image of Christ). I beg you to repent and be reconciled to God.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

1 Timothy 2:1-4 tells us "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Not praying for President Trump OR President Obama or any other leader in our country is disobedience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No man can serve two masters. The rich young ruler decided his money was more important to him than Jesus was. You have just stated that following the Republican Party is more important to you than following Jesus. So be it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may be my last post in this political forum. That said, I have discovered the need to pray daily for our political leaders across the aisle.

If anyone wants to join me in intent:

1. I pray for everyone, including all rulers and all those in authority, that we may live in peace and quiet in all godliness and holiness as according to the New Testament in (1 Timothy 2:1-2).

2. I pray for Republicans, Democrats, and the Trump Administration that they be abundantly blessed with earthly blessings and spiritual blessings and that they may be saved if not Believers.

3. I pray that God guides the hearts of all governmental rulers to enacting peace, righteousness, justice, and fairness in their nations and beyond. The bible says in (Proverbs 21:1) that God guides the hearts of rulers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan - I have a quick question for you.

What ministries are you involved in within your church?

16. AwesomeMachine

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think it's important to note that liberals hate God. I'll give you an example. Social-welfare programs use money collected from citizens under penalty of imprisonment, to care for the poor. Gifts to the poor done out of fear, and made by a government, have no eternal value, because people show God their love for Him by free-will gifts from the heart.

Therefore, liberal political ideology robs God of the love of his people. Such an ideology could only come from the mind of Satan! The purpose of government is to protect the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. But you can't violate one person's rights to the fruits of his labor, in order to preserve the rights of another person.

Justice is when each man knows the fruits of his labor are his own. Liberals are Satan's minions.