1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pre-Mil Fallacy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Reformed1689, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, such deep thoughts....

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Respectfully,
    You might wish to show me where that New Jerusalem that's come down from Heaven is:

" And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.
    4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
    ( Revelation 21:1-4 )

If we're living in it, then where is this city?
    It's described in Revelation 21:10-21.

I've not seen it ( or the Lord Jesus face to face ) yet, but one day I hope to.:)

#202 Dave G, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take Revelation 20:1-15 literally.
    It fits into the framework of Matthew 24 and Mark 13, right at the end.

That is why I am not A-millennial.
    I disagree.
    If we as believers had already entered it, then this would be true:

" And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
    23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.
    24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
    25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
    26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
    27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life."
    ( Revelation 21:22-27 ).

There would be no sin nor sinners around us except those who are redeemed.
    Instead, we're on an internet forum in a world filled with sin and sinners and it's getting worse every day...and discussing why some believe what is written on the page, while others do not, it seems.:(

#203 Dave G, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    100% off. You missed it. All Scriptures confirm this approach.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.