1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pre-Mil Fallacy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Reformed1689, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said so. Have you ever studied the topic?

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In-depth.
    I believe His words, Dave.

Good morning to you.:)

3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus says only the born-again can see the kingdom since he first preached it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you reject the gospel of the kingdom and side with the Pharisee's Pre-millennial kingdom.

5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does not rule out both a spiritual kingdom ( united by the Spirit ) and a coming physical one, my friend.
    I reject a-millennialism because I do not see the prophecies in Isaiah, Revelation and other places supporting it.

We will have to agree to disagree.

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It rules out Pre-Millennialism.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you going to sacrifice animals in the supposed third temple? = unforgivable sin according to Hebrews 6.

8. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes but it specifies that binding Dave, it doesn't just say he is bound, it says he is LOCKED AWAY.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just said it happened in 70AD. Why is he writing about a future event if that event has already started/happened. That doesn't fit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The gospel locked Satan away from me forever.....

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation covers the entire New Covenant and beyond. If you are a futurist, the Pope has you right where he wants you.

12. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no contradiction. You did not give one. Christ was on earth the first time physically. He will be on earth physically the next time. The Millennium has nothing to do with current temporal conditions based on sin. The Millennium is the spiritual and physical being one and restored. Paradise is not "restored" until after the 1000 years and as a totally different reality called the New Jerusalem. By restored, actually replacing the current Jerusalem, geographically. Paradise is not brought down. It can be seen though. The whole earth will see God on the throne at the 6th Seal. Paradise is part of seeing the throne.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Jesus did not teach the spiritual kingdom only. Prior to His crucifixion, Jesus said,

Matthew 26:29
    But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

He spoke here of a future drinking of the fruit of the vine with His disciples in His Father's kingdom, which requires a physical kingdom.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Pharisees knew that in 2000 years, there would be a third 1000 year period on earth?

15. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying the events occurred in 70 AD is mpreterism & is totally-false. The earth went right on in 71 AD same as it did in 65 AD.

Scripture says, in Rev. 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Just before that, Satan shall be banished to "the abyss" for that m1K years. And when the 1K years are up, God says this shall happen: Rev. 20:7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

So we see Scripture DEFINITELY says the millenium will occur, and to say otherwise is simply denying God's word ! ! And we see there'll still be mortals on earth during that time, but the saints will be with Jesus in Jerusalem (the beloved city) and Jesus shall rule the world with a rod of iron(Rev. 2:27, 12:5, 19:15)

There's simply NO legitimate, nor truthful, denying the millenium shall come shortly after Jesus' return. nThose Scriptures make lies outta all the preterist claims that those events have already occurred, or that they're anything else besides what Scripture plainly says they are. I summarily reject any claims otherwise as they simply don't jive with Scripture.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this true at this moment? Are you saying you cannot be deceived by Satan at this moment? I don't agree with that. Are you saying you can't be tempted at this moment? I don't agree with that. More importantly, Scripture doesn't agree with that. Jesus was tempted by Satan. Jesus prayed that we not be led into temptation but be delivered from the evil one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still have not shown any basis other than your bias. You also have not dealt with the fact that Satan is not and has not yet been bound. You have also not dealt with what happens after he has been loosed as those events definitely have not occured. Your viewpoint simply does not align with Scripture.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eve was not told by God not to eat. Only when Adam ate was sin started in the world. They were not sinners nor sinned until after Adam disobeyed God. Disobedience came first, and then sin.

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not biblical. God did not directly tell you to not kill but if you murdered someone would that be sin? Eve most certainly knew God's law. Paul also states that Eve sinned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 15:8 and the heart-knowing God did bare them testimony, having given to them the Holy Spirit, even as also to us,

Is that speaking of what begin on Pentecost and continued until the time written, unto the nations (Gentiles)?

Is that the manner by which God was exercising verse 14? - Simeon did declare how at first God did look after to take out of the nations a people for His name.

Is that what is still going on in the world today? God taking out of the nations a people for his name, by giving them the Holy Spirit?

Romans 8:23 And not only so, but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting -- the redemption of our body;

Are those the same people being spoken of in Acts 15 as God giving the Holy Spirit?

Now exactly when does this reign with him? 2 Tim 2:12 if we do endure together -- we shall also reign together; if we deny him, he also shall deny us; - Shall - vi Fut Act 1 Pl

What follows the taking out of the nations a people for his name in Acts 15?

16 After these things - After this taking out of the nations a people for his name?

16,17 I will turn back, and I will build again the tabernacle of David, that is fallen down, and its ruins I will build again, and will set it upright -- that the residue of men may seek after the Lord, and all the nations, upon whom My name hath been called, saith the Lord, who is doing all these things.

IMHO, That will be the Millennium kingdom.

Jesus will be ruling with those who have received the redemption of the body.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.