1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pre Millennial is what is Biblical

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 37818, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok. But saying this does not explain the steps and reasons to come to that view.

2. Jesus Saves!

Jesus Saves! Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Christ Got up from the grave according to this scripture he raised up to sit on the throne. As David was king over Fleshly Israel, Christ is the king over born again Israel.

Acts 2:29-33 KJVS
    [29] Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. [30] Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; [31] He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. [32] This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. [33] Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Now this is what I am saying, brothers and sisters: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

This means only saints in glorified bodies would inhabit an earthly millennium if there were one. And this would leave Satan using many of them to attack the rest when loosed when the 1000 years end.

The solution is that there is no physical millennium. But all of Revelation 20 is taking place now in the spiritual realm. and when Satan is loosed, (I believe this is presently happening), massive deception will attack the truth held by the church on a world wide basis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture plainly sez that when Jesus returns, He's gonna rule the nations with a rod of iron for 1K years while Satan is banished to "the abyss". Then, Satan will be released & he will immediately organize a human rebellion against Jesus, which will be consumed by fire from heaven. While Jesus is King right now, He certainly isn't reigning on earth now.

No scenario invented by men is correct if it deviates from Scripture whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    God always rules the nations with a rod of iron. And Jesus is God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The kingdom of God is eternal and has no beginning. The millennium has a beginning and an end. And it is my understanding that the millennium is yet future, and post second appearing of Christ and the resurrection of His believers and the rapture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no millennium. The kingdom of God came as Jesus preached it. But only the born again could see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An explicit denal of Revelation 20:4-6.
    Jesus preached it to be in reach of men (Mark 1:15). And the kingdoms of men are to become God's, Revelation 11:15.

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 1000 years are not the kingdom. Satan attacks the kingdom when loosed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. . . ."

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    They did, preaching the gospel that bound Satan.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When? Christ's second appearing has not yet happend.
    Satan has not been bound, and has not been cast into the lake of fire.

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 20 spans the entire New Covenant era = happening now too.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is your view. How does one come to this understanding? First step, second step . . . (however many or few). From common ground to that view. Jumping over the fence, so to speak, leaves many behind, not grasping the view. (Or just maybe it is explicitly false). I would like to at least understanding it to where I could explain it too, even if I did not agree.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

Now read Revelation knowing there is no physical kingdom according to Jesus. It will begin to make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to learn then why not google

“Arguments against premillinialism”

Or

Something similar

Dont you think it would make more sense to do it that way?

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Study Jesus' description of the Kingdom. Premillennialism will dissolve before your eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They like to deny any literal meaning and they believe in Replacement theology.

Good luck. ;):Alien:D

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean expansionism

Ie to include app nations

Nothing was replaced. Only expanded and for the better I might add

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status: