1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Preaching at funerals of unbelievers

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 12, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me???????? You are saying I am headed to Hell?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was referring to the scenario you posed in your OP, in which you asked how one would preach at the funeral of an unsaved person.

If you're asking because your name is "John", how would I even know that when you don't use your real name here? John is a very common name and is often used in hypotheticals for this reason (eg. "John Q. Public", "John Doe", etc).

• Like Like x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may come as a terrible shock to you, but everything posted on the BB is not about you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apology accepted thanks.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians these days are never sure about anything except to be tolerant of all paths to God. That's why they would say that you can't know for sure who is in heaven and who is in hell. Even those that die in another religion or a cult they would say that you can't know for sure if they are in hell.

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't recall apologizing or doing anything to apologize for, but whatever.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, that is because we CAN'T know. The thief on the cross certainly didn't live a life worthy of heaven but in the end, his heart was turned. My husband went to the bedside of a friend of his who denied God all through his life. He was in a coma and hubby gave him the gospel and prayed with him. He doesn't know if he heard him or not but he did find that after he was done praying, the man had tears running down his face. We just don't know if God called him at that time and he was saved. It is not up to us to determine where someone is in the afterlife. We might have an idea that a person who lived for the Lord all their life is in heaven but what if it was an act? I've seen people live for YEARS as a Christian and at some point turn and completely deny Christ. Others have lived an ungodly life and in the end, they turn their hearts towards Him. A pastor's job at a funeral is not to determine where the person is but to let those in the room know how to be saved.

• Like Like x 1