1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Predestination unto salvation

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by JonC, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church is "The Israel of God":

15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
    16 And as many as shall walk by this rule, peace be upon them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. Gal 6

3 for we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God, and glory in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh: Phil 3

...comprised of 'individual Jews':

29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Ro 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JonC,

Insult??? No for you to suggest I do not know what election or choose means is an insult. It did not bother me as I know what you do , but I just point it out....

Really???

3. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. I have no issue with that because I believe it.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know what you mean.

You pointed out that you disagree with my view of election but you have not pointed out why.

I believe God has a chosen people comprised of chosen people.

Rather than forcing a disagreement are you able to point out where we disagree?

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are welcome to your view.
    I really prefer to help those who want help.
    You have indicated you believe you are way beyond me and my understanding, so I have no desire to bring your ideas down to my level.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. I kinda figgered you did. :) The post was to support you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You disagreed with my statement that God has a chosen people (the Elect) comprised of people who were chosen from the foundation of the earth (a remnant according to God’s gracious choice composed of those who were chosen to obtained God's grace).

I am asking what part of my statement you reject. Just saying you disagree with the statement tells us nothing.

I think you may be disagreeing just to be disagreeable (an agenda rather than dealing with doctrine).

8. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Galatians 4:1-9 I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a slave, though he is the owner of everything, but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by his father. In the same way we also, when we were children, were enslaved to the elementary principles of the world. But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.