1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Preparing a truthful Calvinist sermon

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your paradigm only allows for one application for wrath and expiation, whereas scripture speaks of two for each.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Until you read the Bible to understand that this is in fact the "Atoning Sacrifice" of "the Day of Atonement" - as we see in Lev 16. And that the entire process of "Atonement" as GOD describes it - includes BOTH Christ's work as our "Atoning Sacrifice" AND Christ's work as our High Priest.

The very thing Calvinism fears - because it allows for an UNLIMITED Atoning Sacrifice at the cross 1 John 2:2 - with a LIMITED Atonement result for just the saved -- which is Arminian doctrine not Calvinist.

Thus the lost are under judgment and condemnation until they accept God's Gospel solution.

WERE you a child of wrath as Paul said HE was at one time??

[FONT=&quot]Eph 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

Were you "by nature a child of wrath" before you were saved in real life? on this actual earth? or is Paul simply "wrong"??
    [/FONT]

John 1 "He came to HIS OWN and HIS OWN received Him not" God's effort was towards them -- his Sovereign initiative.

He who is the "Atoning Sacrifice for OUR sins and not for OUR sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2

=====================================================================================

As we all know by now -- you will insist that this gets posted "again".

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well then, you really have no legitimate objection that I can respond to. :wavey:

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Step 1 when posting - read the OP and respond to something in it.

For those who do not want to read very much - here is a short sermon plan for the truth 4 and 5 point Calvinist presentation

in Christ,

Bob

#84 BobRyan, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is legitimate. Your introductory remarks were incorrect as I noted.

You said the following:

No one os saved by belief in Calvinism or even belief in TULIP/Calvinism. The OP is nonsensical!

I could quote John 3:16 but I believe you know it!

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His obsession with 'Calvinism' is nonsensical. Does he really think his petty objections and misrepresentations to Sovereign Grace is going to make it go away?

.....and I don't even know why I'm wasting my time posting on this thread, because I'm really not the least interested in the controversy any longer. To me, synergism is ENTRY LEVEL Christian doctrine, monergism is more ADVANCED Christian doctrine, and neither has zilch to do with being a good Christian. Pleasing the Lord has everything to do with being a good Christian, not what you have straight or correct in your head.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    His example "honest" Calvinist sermon illustrates the point of the huge failure in Calvinism's attempt at Evangelism WHEN Calvinism is the "truth" presented for the evangelist's "appeal".

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're so concerned with evangelism why spend so much time on this board among saved folk? There's bookoo other things you could be doing to get folks into heaven other than lolly-gagging on this site.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Rev 3:20 we see that not everyone in the church is saved - I thought we all agreed on that obvious point by now.

However I think I do see your point that from a Calvinist POV it is either Calvinism .... or ... evangelism.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well this is the controversy within the Calvinist camp. SBM believes TULIP is the Gospel, Icon and Willis believes the same. Willis gives the OP sermon a :thumbs:. Icon says I don't understand Calvinism yet has not opposed the OP sermon and given any reason why it would NOT be honest. And neither has any Calvinist replied to oppose it, which leaves the board with the impression that the OP sermon is being honest. You yourself have not even read the OP sermon, or maybe you could then point out why it is not being honest.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a Calvinist.

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I have it from good sources this fellow is part of your ancestry....

[​IMG]

:tongue3:

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, he does kinda favor a picture of my great, great, great uncle from Harlan!

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so you're here to get us unsaved folk on the BB saved, right?

So what do we have to do to be saved according to your formula, keep Saturday holy and become vegetarians?

Please, by all means, tell me what you think I need to do to fit your model of 'saved'.

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis, you need to learn how to reduce the size of images. You've screwed this page up.

16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I gave you several real Cal sermons...have you commented on them yet?

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh: Good one brother! How bout you start a new thread on Cal sermons. This OP is very specific being about MY sermon, which you say I have no understanding of Calvinism, but give absolutely no criticism of the sermon I have prepared, nada, zip! Go ahead and point out which part you find dishonest and tell us why? Boy, you guys are really taking a beating here...not one Calvinist has spoken up to disagree with the OP sermon, not one...........yet you keep declaring I have no understanding of Calvinism......

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can someone delete Willis' giant picture and fix this page!!!!! Thank you!

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

One cannot be in a saved state if they don't believe the Gospel, and the Truths of Tulip are the Gospel !

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you!

Which answers my questions I posed earlier to you...

I believe SBM has accepted the ultimate conclusions of TULIP. And I believe if truth be known, most Calvinist either believe the same and won't admit it publically, or they are in a state of struggle over this within their own soul. I don't see how one could fully embrace TULIP and not conclude any different. The only alternative would be to reject the teaching of TULIP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.