1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Preparing a Truthful, Calvinistic Sermon (by a Calvinist)

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

The Lost man has no choice, no scripture states that, more invalid comments. Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8 ,he does not have a choice to please God with Faith Heb 11:6 but he cannot do it !

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Their fallen nature precludes them from freely accepting Him. Their nature must be changed first...

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

If God knows before what man is going to do does that not constrain the man? The man must do what God knows he is going to do, therefore, eliminating his "free will"?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then that makes this statement wrong:

"Men frely reject God, no coersion needed. It's what comes naturally to them..."
    --There is no freedom to reject God is there?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, not at all. Why would omniscience constrain a man to do anything. If he didn't know he wouldn't be God. He knows what you what you will type in your next post, but you can't fool God. You can say: I am going to type something different then. But God still knows (even before the foundation of the world) what you are going to type). He is omniscient, and he is not forcing you to make a post with any certain content. He just knows what it will be.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

It all starts with the heart of a fallen man. The heart is corrupted, hardened by sin. That's why regeneration happens first.

7. OldRegular

This is perhaps the biggest mistake some have about what I call the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace, what you call Calvinism, your insistence that it is fatalistic.

I asked you a question earlier steaver. You are a true believer. You have experienced Salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. How do you know that you were not unconditionally chosen by God before the foundation of the world to Salvation in Jesus Christ?

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Exactly, thats mans pride, we dont believe or understand our total depravity and inabiltiy spiritually by nature ! We can do nothing to please God ! One can only receive the words of Truth after they have been born again and made Spiritual !

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If regeneration happens first, is salvation a process or an event?
    If regeneration happens first what is the longest possible gap there can be between regeneration and salvation?

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I know not how long it is betwixt regeneration and conversion. I just know, that according to scripture, that regeneration leads to conversion/salvation...

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

According to Scripture? What scripture teaches that?

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Ezek. 11:19, 36:26, John 3:3 for starters...

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Not one of those Scriptures dictate that regeneration must precede salvation.
    Not one of those Scriptures dictate that faith comes as a result of regeneration.

Both of the above premises are from Calvinistic theology, not from the Bible.

14. OldRegular

So though God is omniscient He could be wrong if the man's "free will" chooses/does something different than God ?knows? he is going to choose/do?

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

God is never wrong. He knows everything about you. You can't outguess God.

Ponder the following verses by David:
    Psa 139:4-6
    (4) For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
    (5) Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
    (6) Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

16. OldRegular

Then if God loves everyone why does He not extend a little more Grace to those hard to convince. Why did you believe when so many others don't? I ask that question earlier but don't believe I got an answer!

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believed the first time I heard the gospel. That is unique.
    I know of a woman, a godly woman but married to a man that was unsaved.
    Every Sunday morning her husband would come faithfully to church with her.
    He sat under the preaching of the Word of God. Every Sunday the gospel was given. Every Sunday he refused--sometimes under great conviction, even grasping the pew in front of him. What caused that rebellion? Why the rejection of Christ? It went on for years. After a number of years they moved, and I never found out if he ever got saved or not.

Man has the opportunity. He resisted the Holy Spirit--time and again he resisted it.
    I trusted Him immediately.
    Everyone is different. And everyone of us will give account of ourselves, whether in the Judgment Seat of Christ or in the Great White Throne Judgement.

18. OldRegular

I never try to out guess God since God is not in the guessing game. I believe you claim God is omniscient, so do I!

I never argue with Scripture properly used like many I know. You say that God, in His omniscience, knows beforehand what man is going to do yet you deny that constrains what man does! Strange!

19. OldRegular

I really would not call your response "Unique", given what it means!

adjective
    existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics:

having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable:

You still haven't answered the question why? What made you different than the example you cite? There must be a reason. What is it?

#99 OldRegular, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why should it be strange that one's knowledge forces one to do something.

If I know the bus is going to arrive at 2:15 pm., am I the one forcing the bus to come here? Is my knowledge of the bus coming directing the bus here and forcing or constraining it to come. How does God's knowledge or omniscience force or constrain anyone to do anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.