1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President now identifies as ‘non-denominational Christian’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does make sense. You implied that Trump cannot be Christian because you don't see fruit but sin. Granted you are not with him 24/7. So can someone not be saved and struggle with sin?

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    his own words and actions tell who he really is. You think that he really "knows" the Lord?

3. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that for you to judge? What is required for salvation? Does it mean he has to be perfect? And I'm not necessarily saying he is. I am saying I don't know. But you have been coming at this emotionally. You do not know the man.

4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    complete rubbish! The man is in the public, and there is much that he himself has said and done, anyone can make a vaild judgement from this. salvation is when a sinner recognises their sin and condemnation, before the Holy God of the Bible, and comes to Him in faith, and confesses their sin and trusts in the Lord Jesus Christ. Just because a person might support the party he is in, should not be reason to ignore DT's morality, which should be an important factor.

5. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of the two options that you have, which is better? Joe Biden or Donald Trump? Of the two options, who is doing more to protect Christianity? Joe Biden or Donald Trump? Of the two options that you have, who is doing more to protect the unborn? Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

The answer to ALL of those questions is Donald Trump.

And if you think you have a third option, you don't. That is a wasted vote, or worse, a non-vote.

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    its your vote after all. I won't bother as both are dodgy characters!

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you are part of the problem. If they win, you are responsible for what happens to this country.

#27 Reformed1689, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    firstly I live in good old England! secondly, why am I despicable, if I don't like either person as an outsider? thirdly, if JB wins, it is more than likely the Righteous Judgement of God on the USA, as even the churches there are more unbiblical these days, teaching the great heresy that a hell-bound sinner need not repent before they can get saved!

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then STAY OUT OF OUR BUSINESS!

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    wow, you Americans are so pompous! for someone to share their views, cannot do so, because they don't agree with you? You guys deserve the person that you get!

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We get the same sentiments when we Americans chime in on the British political scene. Which personally, I am a Scottish Nationalist\Monarchist. That means I'm pro an independent Scotland under a Stuart heir as monarch. How's that for convoluted politics?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you, a Brit, the #1 poster over the day, the week, the month?! Why are you here posting non stop? What is your objective? Do I need to block you to get some peace & quiet? If you cared anything about us you would stop being inflammatory. You’re like a barking chihuahua constantly nipping at our heels. Who needs it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    this is firstly a Christian forum, which has current news, what is the problem with anyone posting comments anywhere on a free, open forum? Are you guys only interested in views that you support? very narrow minded! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but you also have no business commenting on our candidates and our elections and telling us why we should vote certain ways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have expressed opinions, like I also do on other threads! You guys are so touchy about things! If you don't like opinions that disagree with you, then maybe go on some private, closed forum!

16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I can take it, but you are flat wrong in this instance. AND it's none of your business.

17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me you are the touchy one since we Americans don't care an ounce about what the Brits opinions are of our politics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    what is wrong with you? I am not interested in whether you guys "care an ounce" in what I say! All I do is to express MY opinions on a PUBLIC forum! And you are supposed to be a "Author, Teacher, Husband"!!! Wow! :eek:

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    SbG, you wouldn't have as much push back if you'd at least start your commentaries by writing "As a British resident and subject\citizen, ......" That would cause us Americans to see where you're coming from. On a side note, as I understand the situation, most British conservatives (including Dame Thatcher) were/are comfortable with the NHS. Something that is all but anathema to American conservatives. So, there is a bit of philosophical difference between the two movements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    thanks, I agree. I know it is hard as an "outsider" to comment of another countries internal affairs. I have never understood why free-for-all health care is not seen as a good thing for American conservatives? As a conservative myself, I think that it affordable, it is a great thing.

• Like Like x 1