1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Trump advised to resign

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No its not it is being spent on people who are awarded SS who have never contributed to it.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its probably true rev, last time I researched the issue $$ borrowed from "entitlement programs" must have T-Bill collateral to replace the "borrowed" $$.

So technically speaking because there is a T-Bill replacement the "borrowed" money is still there.

In true Orwellian fashion - Yes, the money is still there in the SS fund even though we replaced it with another "valid" currency.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not deny that SS funds are being misused, I denied that it was going to military spending.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH, my bad - Yes I agree because our patriotic POTUS budgeted $700B this year and $715B next fiscal so we don't need to misappropriate anything!

China, Russia No. Korea, Iran and Syria and rest of the Jihadist world are WORRIED.

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, That's akin to saying "................but Hitler treated white people with blue eyes very well."

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very lioberal in repards to social agenda and policies though, correct?

8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am amazed at the gall. This man is admitting that the purpose of the investigations is to push the president out of office. To suggest the investigations go away if Trump resigns demonstrates support for a reckless abuse of power. Amazing!!!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, about the 2 standards of justice, does ANY here really think If president Obama ha sbeen accused of anything liek this, it would have been made public by Media, much less having a Mueller to address it? look how they white washed Hiilary!

10. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the part that really bothers me. Nothing in any indictments have anything even remotely to do with the actual topic of the investigation ... Russian influence in the 2016 election and accusations that Candidate Trump was engaged in criminal activities with the Russians. To search and find nothing but rake up whatever unrelated muck you can is inappropriate.

I remember President Bill Clinton having sex in the White House, committing perjury as a sitting president in a sexual harassment lawsuit against him, and the matter NOT rising to the level of an impeachable offense. What can they possibly discover in Trumps sex life that IS an impeachable offense by that standard!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the courts execute a search warrent, has to be for a specifi thing/area/item, so if the police had warrent to search the home, but not the car, anything found in car not legit as evidence. Same way here, anyhting outside of specifically Russian Collusion shoudl be no go!

12. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't know the official scope of the investigation. The judge in the Man*fort trial saw the documents related to the scope and let the trial go forward. Apparently, the official scope has always been greater than the collusion investigation.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder how broad it would be without that fake Dossier?

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hard to say. I've never heard of Mr. Dossier. I doubt he had anything nice to say.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant the fake report they gave to the Fizer court to start the Mueller investigation

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. Joking because you capitalized "Dossier" As the Fonz would say, "Mr. Dossi..ayyyyyyyye"

17. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for seeing the intent of the post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I believe you are both right. It has been spent. All that's in the trust fund now is Govt. IOUs and current unspent contributions to fund current obligations. However, some of that is being misspent on the people you mention making the annual shorfall even larger.

And when the government steals it and replaces it with an IOU, they spend it for whatever they pleas. there is not much doubt some of it goes toward military spending. With the deficits being run, it just about has to.