1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Trump Florida home raided by FBI

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by canadyjd, Aug 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand. Did your one vote change anything in your State? My vote, had I voted for Trump, would not have changed anything. Therefore, your point is moot.

2. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read 1 Samuel. With Saul we see God giving Israel what they asked for. Note the outcome. With David, we see God choosing Him and anointing David as King. The Hebrew word for King is also the word for Anointed, which is also the same word for Messiah. In Greek it's translated as Christ.
    So, Saul was an antichrist, chosen by humans and given to them by God's ordination. David was chosen by God as the foreshadowing of the ultimate Promised One. David was the first, chosen anointed one of God. There is much we can glean from Saul and David.

Are any of the Presidents anointed ones? No. Are they chosen by humans? Yes. Unless they are redeemed Christians they are antichrist. God gives humans what they desire, often to their own detriment, as an ordained "as you wish."

3. poor-in-spirit

poor-in-spirit Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not in the New Testament He didn't. But you already know this or you would have posted NT evidence to back your demands. You will remain in error until you figure out what Testament you are living under friend.

4. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point isn't "moot." I already made my point in regards to who, what, and why I vote for a candidate, and why his personal moral failings in regards to his marriage, or lack of tact play little role in regards to how I vote, due to me voting for what is best for the country, not a leader of my Church. This was in regards to your comment - "As Christians, we must shun Donald Trump until he repents."
    Whether or not our one vote is enough to sway an election isn't the topic, voting itself and the reasons for it are. Do you apply this same fervor to Christians who voted for Clinton, Biden, Harris, etc. ? There was a movement in the last election entitled "pro-life evangelicals for Biden." They scrubbed their page from the internet when Biden doubled down on his praise for abortion, and they stated that they were "disappointed" and "felt betrayed."

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I vote GOP to register my resistance to the Democratic powers that be here in California.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did that for years in New Jersey… then we got Chris Christy as Governor for 4 years. Lol… and I could provide you with a list of dirty underhanded activities by that tub of lard. Now I believe that all politicians are corrupt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have good reason to feel betrayed but they should have studied Biden better (to discover the many hypocrisies of the man.

8. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in California, the is little chance for the Republican candidate to win the general election.

9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it best for the country to have an antichrist narcissist as President?
    I do not vote for the lesser of two evils. Clearly your conscience allows for that. That is for you and your conscience.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe a Republican would do a better job? In my case, the Republican was a Rino and did nothing but extort project money, commit money for Atlantic City bailout to taxpayers and put his own staff in prison for his own deeds… all the while closing public parks & beaches on holidays (but sitting his large arse at the beach with his family). That’s when I learned to really hate politicians of all stripes.

11. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not that they'd do a better job. I just refuse to support the Pelosi\Democratic machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find this interesting. The LORD's Anointed

"the" AND "LORD's" AND "anointed"
    occurs 45 times in 10 verses in the KJV.

1Sa 16:6

And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him.
    1Sa 24:6

And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.
    1Sa 24:10

Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the LORD had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and some bade me kill thee: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for he is the LORD'S anointed.
    1Sa 26:9

And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the LORD'S anointed, and be guiltless?
    1Sa 26:11

The LORD forbid that I should stretch forth mine hand against the LORD'S anointed: but, I pray thee, take thou now the spear that is at his bolster, and the cruse of water, and let us go.
    1Sa 26:16

This thing is not good that thou hast done. As the LORD liveth, ye are worthy to die, because ye have not kept your master, the LORD'S anointed. And now see where the king's spear is, and the cruse of water that was at his bolster.
    1Sa 26:23

The LORD render to every man his righteousness and his faithfulness: for the LORD delivered thee into my hand to day, but I would not stretch forth mine hand against the LORD'S anointed.
    2Sa 1:14

And David said unto him, How wast thou not afraid to stretch forth thine hand to destroy the LORD'S anointed?
    2Sa 1:16

And David said unto him, Thy blood be upon thy head; for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, I have slain the LORD'S anointed.
    2Sa 19:21

But Abishai the son of Zeruiah answered and said, Shall not Shimei be put to death for this, because he cursed the LORD'S anointed

13. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eph 6:9 put on the whole armour of God, for your being able to stand against the wiles of the devil, because we have not the wrestling with blood and flesh, but with the principalities, with the authorities, with the world-rulers << It matters not what form of government or what party IMHO) of the darkness of this age, with the spiritual things of the evil in the heavenly places;

This age was in force when it was stated, "Let there be Light".

Romans 8:20 YLT for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it -- in hope,

Romans 8:19 YLT for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God;
    WHY?
    Romans 8:21 YLT that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God;

From V 20, Hope of what, when, anything to sons in the image of the Son that he might be the firstborn of many brethren V 29, firstborn from what,? col 1:18, Rom 1:4, 8:17,23, Phil 3:21?

I agree with Austin in that I do not believe we can vote in a Godly man, God may give us one or He may not, but He is in control.

Everyone needs to read Daniel 2 --- Que Sera, Sera

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread will be closed no sooner than 1130 pm EDT / 830 PDT

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well first, I don't agree with your assertion of narcissism, but yes, it was wonderful for four years.

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually...3.5 years...;) ...followed by the other 3.5 years...

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and these current 4 years seems like a nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.