1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Trump Florida home raided by FBI

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by canadyjd, Aug 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have already told this board on multiple occasions. Ben Sasse is the most Godward politician I have seen in decades. His integrity is similar to Daniel in the Bible. He has the courage to stand upon God's Word when all the world stands against him.

Donald Trump hates him because Sasse openly called out Trump's sin.

• Like Like x 1
  2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? Mark 10:38

Remember this was stated after a question was asked relative to sitting on the left and right of Jesus in glory or as I understand it, (as glorified) see Phil 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

So what is Jesus speaking of in Mark 10:38 ? Death, What glory? Death and resurrection unto glory? see John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. John 7:39 and this he said of the Spirit, which those believing in him were about to receive; for not yet was the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Mark 10:39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:

Does water baptism picture we shall indeed?

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Rom 6:3-5

For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Gal 2:19,20

3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's because too many of them are crybullies and I guess they have nothing better to do but park here day and night looking for some post they don't like to report.

(sigh) "Joe Biden is a CCP puppet career criminal who is currently in stage 4 dementia". I can think it, but not being his personal physician and not having any of the necessary credentials for such a diagnosis, I shouldn't state it even once, should I? Or should I just say that it's obvious to anyone not in the Biden cult?

They are mean and ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, he's not a pastor. No I don't eat up his narcisism (alleged) nor do I think he is a narcissist. I just think you are wrong in this area and you want to hold politicians to the same standard as the church and that is not reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hold all Christians to the same standard. If Trump is a Christian then he will publicly repent.
    You are attempting to justify an unrepentant, alleged, Christian and say he has no accountability. I disagree. Trump must be held accountable by the body of Christ. He needs to repent and if he doesn't then the entire body needs to shun him until he repents.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't the church Austin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is if Donald Trump is a Christian. Being one of the Body of Christ, Donald has a family responsibility above this nation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please provide scripture to support your statement “if Trump is a Christian he must publicly repent”.

Repentance is between the person and God. We confess our sin to “one another”. That doesn’t mean calling a press conference, not even to tell everyone in your fellowship, but to those close to you for spiritual guidance and support.

Trump has publicly proclaimed Jesus as Savior and Lord. You are WRONG to question his salvation and to publicly call him “anti-Christ.”

You should repent of questioning the salvation of a brother in Christ, based on statements and action that occurred years ago and differences in political views.

Shame on you

peace to you

9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    *1 Corinthians 5:1-5,9-13*

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father’s wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

Here is the biblical principle.
    Donald Trump claims to be a Christian, yet has been sexually immoral through many relationships and has never repented. In fact he defiantly claims he has no need to repent.

Sadly people, who love political power more than holiness, openly embrace Donald Trump as a savior, rather than an unrepentant person. As Christians, we must shun Donald Trump until he repents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then there are those of us who hold to a local church-only interpretation of ekklesia rejecting the concept of a universal invisible church.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, you have failed to produce a passage of scripture to support your claim that if Trump is a Christian, he must “publicly” repent. You also claim you hold all Christians to the same standard; please provide a link to Ben Sasse publicly repenting.

You do not know if Trump has repented or not. You are taking a quote from several years ago and marriage unfaithfulness from decades ago, both prior to his proclamation of faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior, and declaring Trump to be unsaved and anti-Christ.

If Trump were a member of this board, you would be violating standards of conduct and face being banned.

Shame on you

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Posted in wrong forum. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I provided scripture.
    Trump claims Christianity and lives like an agnostic. He is a Deist at best.
    When Donald Trump was President, I honored his ordained role as President.
    I see many here dishonoring the God ordained President of the United States. In the past, they would have been permanently banned from this site.

You are not required to agree with me, nor me with you.
    If Trump were posting here, I would, by the rules of the board be required to tip toe around his overt sin. But, he is not here and he is in open sin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just warned and a temp ban if the points add up (it has happened during the current administration as well).

15. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did not post scripture to support your claim that if Trump is a Christian, he must “publicly repent”.

You also failed to provide a link to Senator Ben Sasse publicly repenting to prove your claim you treat all Christians the same.

Trump proclaims Jesus as Savior and Lord. You don’t have any current information about “how” he leads his life or what he believes beyond his statement of faith in Christ Jesus.

It is shameful for you claim you know he is not a Christian and call him “anti-Christ”.

peace to you

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I did. I provided 1 Corinthians 5.

What did Ben Sasse do where he must publicly repent?
    Did he have sex with multiple women, like Donald Trump? Did he swindle people of their money in business transactions, like Donald Trump? Did he use social media to slander people, like Donald Trump? Did he publicly attempt to humiliate those who stand against him, like Donald Trump? What has Ben Sasse, as a US Senator, done that requires his public repentance? If he has been in open sin, I would call for him to also repent.

Many people claim Christianity for social, economic, and political advancement. Every Democrat President claims they are a Christian. Is President Biden a Christian? He claims to be. Is Kamala Harris a Christian? She claims to be. How can we know whether they are or are not a Christian? One way is by their behavior. In that arena we see Donald Trump displaying non-Christian behavior on a daily basis. It is quite easy to see how Donald Trump is playing the game and using Christians like he has used his employees. If you cannot see this, I cannot open your eyes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Corinthians 5 says nothing of “public repentance”.

So, you believe Ben Sasse has done nothing that requires “repentance”? Really? I thought everyone must repent of their sins.

Apparently, only those you disagree with politically must “publicly repent” but those you agree with politically.get a pass on “public repentance”.

You clearly do not hold all Christians to your unbiblical standard of “public repentance”.

Couple that with your imagined supernatural ability to discern indwelling Holy Spirit based on political disagreements you have all the qualifications of a Pharisee hypocrite .

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians sure does talk about repentance and what to do with the unrepentant sinner in the body of Christ.

I asked you what Ben Sasse has openly done that requires him to repent publicly. I will let you research that. Donald just keeps piling them up with nearly every response he makes.

19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

20. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    As we learn more and more it is OBVIOUS he is, in fact, the victim here.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.