1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice : same ideologies-different groups

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by JonC, Sep 14, 2021.

1. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Yes Jon, what I wrote here adequately reflects the intent that original post in the other thread.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Opps I stand corrected

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am done with this

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

• Like Like x 3
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a failed vaccine. Tge flu vaccine is the same.

The covid was very effective against civid-19, tge delta varient, and studies show it is still effective against MU (but less so).

I figure sooner or later they will have to adapt vaccines to address varients (like with the flu shot....everybody would have to be effectively vaccinated to stop varients (world wide) and that will never happen.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. Why could you not say so on that thread?

A simple "oops, I shouldn't have gone all nazi on you guys" would have gone a long way

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome. :Thumbsup

7. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The world can be 100% vaccinated and it will make no difference. The virus has an animal reservoir. It will mutate there and come back.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is assuming a few things. First, studies indicate the chances of covid (regular 'ole covid) bring transmitted from animal to human is very low. Then we have to consider varients being passed to animals (there is no indication they can). If they can we have to consider mutations of the virus in an animal. The odds are extremely low.

It would not work because of human fear (too many would not get vaccinated), logistics (if everybody wanted a vaccine it would take too long to get everybody vaccinated), and multiple varients (the three we have now are from unvaccinated areas....India, Africa, and Columbia) but these three can mutate independently....causing more varients until the vaccine is ineffective giving us more "varient factories" than the unvaccinated.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sorry I don’t buy into the variants

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a new world conspiracy (never mind genomic sequencing). :Thumbsup

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to. They are real. The DNA sequencing is pretty irrefutable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh huh

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And definitely not new technology (it is standard for detecting varients in viruses).

14. unprofitable

unprofitable Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea how many abortions are performed to protect the mother's life versus abortions done because a child simply is not wanted. Regardless, the intent and result of any abortion is to end a life. Blood is upon someone's hands.

I do not know of anyone not having the vaccine with the intent of taking another ones life. True, they may innocently contribute to another death but that was never their intention.

Two entirely different ideaologies.

#54 unprofitable, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not mean abortions to protect the mothers life. I mean their view that legalized abortions prevent the loss of the mother due to illegal abortions.

There is a reason pro-vhoice protesters often carry signs with coat hangers.

It is the exact sane ideology- just sacrificing a different group of people to protect their rights.

None of the pro-choice groups (anti-covid-vacvine or anri-abortion laws) believe they are protecting their rights to choose over the lives of others. They are blinded by their desire to protect their rights that they do not care about those who may die of the consequences.

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, don't know which group you would assign to me, but your (highlighted) statement is total garbage AFAIC!!!!!!
    The only reason I'm concerned about "your" so-called RIGHTS, is that they are being attacked one-by-one by the current administration by his threats to -----!!!
    My gut feeling re: those "who may die" can make their own choice as to the vax and live with the "consequences of their choice" as each one of us must do eventually.
    Your blaming others for the consequences of another's choice puts you right in tune with the left!!!!!!! (Not a compliment, if any question:D)

IOW, covid is the weapon of choice of the current "power structure" at the moment, & they are utilizing it full bore in the present. It also helps to move the needle from pointing to "AFGANISTAN"!! (NEVER FORGET!!)

One more thing - it certainly does not embellish any respect due a moderator by your constant belittling of those with whom you disagree; IE: Snowflake, Cupcake etc. As a moderator I would assume you would be a bit more civil in many of your responses, as it seems, SEEMS, that you are using your position as a power play.

I have had posts deleted/corrected for less that some of the stuff I've seen you post, & NO, I'm not going to go back and try to dig up examples, as the above mentioned are sufficient to make my point. YES!!! You are allowed to post your opinion, but, you as a moderator, are held to a higher standard than the average poster - or should be anyway. If you feel that you are stifled by your position, you should resign and join the ranks of the masses!!

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about my rights. I am a Christian. The rights I have are to be laid down for others - not to be taken up.

Insofar as blaming people's choices for the lives of others, I am not passing blame. Women who have abortions are blinded to their actions. They believe they are protecting and exercising their rights. Their lack of concern for the child is due to believing lies - granted, lies they want to believe....but misinformation all the same.

Don't worry about the nicknames I may use, precious. They are terms of endearment.

And, oddly enough, I do not feel stiffled at all. ;)

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's failed as a viable vaccine for Mu. By the numbers Pfizer has already failed against Delta. They will all fail against MU. It's time to update the vaxes.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't say "failed". The study showed Pfizer is 80% effective and Moderna is 95% effective against the Delta varient. Studies indicate the MU will not be the dominant varient (and that it may be less contageous than the delta varient) which is good. They also indicate all three are effective against the MU varient.

Remember, the MU varient was detected January 2021.

Vaccine Effective Against Delta Variant Of Coronavirus: US Study