1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about a Catholic litany V2...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alive in Christ, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have to take a test when I die and get the right answer!!!! Woah! I thought I was done with those things. Does that mean I have to bring a number 2 pensil with me or will it be supplied. And how much time to I have to finish the test in?

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

You will have 5 seconds. Bring your own pencil.

3. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wow. Is it open book?

4. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

YES! sola Scriptura...you only get one shot at the interpretation...so make it a good one...:laugh:

in XC
    -

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you were ushered into the presence of God, and God were to ask you: "Why should I allow you into my Heaven, what would you answer?

"IF" means it is hypothetical.

6. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'd point to Jesus and say " Because of Him, His death and resurrection". But that doesn't make me perfect automatically.

Yes, I know and believe all of that. But none of it answers my question.

7. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was teasing. I know that's not what you meant. I know you were making the point that salvation is based on Christ accomplished work rather than anything we do. Note you're definition of Salvation does not go beyond justification. For these others it does. Salvation for them includes sanctification. You're saying its not its a legal declaration that is enough to usher us into heaven. I understand. But I was teasing.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The what is your question. If at salvation, I am justified--just as if I never sinned--I will be ushered into the presence of God at death no questions asked.
    Sanctification is a life-long process that never ends. It is foolish to think that any man will ever be "good enough" or "sanctified enough" to get to heaven. God picks the time of our death. It says in Revelation:

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

You will meet death on his terms. As long as you are in the midst of His will you cannot die until the Lord allows it to be so; until He takes you home.
    Outside of God's will one may die before his expected time.
    Sanctification ends when you end (physically.)

9. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But if I am not perfect, as you say, (although declared perfect), then how can I touch, behold, be with, the Perfect?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Paul said that he was the chiefest of sinners but was not concerned about the problem you are stating.
    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus."
    I was "put" in Christ Jesus the day I was saved.
    I was declared righteous or holy on that day; and that is all I need to be concerned with.