1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R_U_Scared?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by th1bill, May 20, 2019.

1. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like lowering taxes, lowering unemployment, like expecting our allies to pay their fair share for NATO protection, like enacting prison reform, like bringing manufacturing jobs to America. Trump has been doing what the establishment promises to do but never does and hasn't done for 30 years.

The establishment makes promises and then when elected makes excuses for why those promises can't be fulfilled. Trump said that we could reach a quarterly GDP of 4% and was mocked for it. But it happened. He said he could bring back manufacturing jobs and was mocked by Obama and the media for it. But he did it. He actually keeps his promises.

Trump is not a globalist, but the establishment is. They want to keep us poor and dumb. They see themselves, not as our representatives, but as the ruling elite. To them, we are their subjects. They don't have to keep promises or obey laws because laws are for the peasants who voted them in. That's why they can benefit from insider trading, but send Martha Stewart to prison for doing the same thing. They write the laws in a manner that excludes themselves from those laws. It's why they can become millionaires in 10 years on a $174,000 salary. They have side hustles going on that would get the rest of us arrested and sent to jail.

Trump isn't even taking a salary. He donates it every quarter. He isn't perfect, but he is a far better president than Bush, Obama and Clinton combined.

#61 GoodTidings, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    7000 people from ford are being let go; unemployment where I am is not going up, rather it’s stagnating and low paying jobs ( under wage guidelines) are increasing and he didn’t lower my taxes. I don’t give a fig about prison reform and NATO. BTW he doesn’t obey laws either... evidence both Barr and his ex lawyer ignores congress call.

Then who do you define as the establishment? I got one for ya.... Robert Kraft .... he comes to mind. But name me some others. I already know where you are going to go with this. Bill and Hill and Barack Obama. I got news for you, they should do time. So bring me up to speed, why have they not been arrested?

Also why are children being separated from the parents? That’s a big one with me. I’m not big on that your punishing kids for the stupidity of parents.

Then lastly, WHERE IS ICE? Last week they arrested 13 illegals, big freaking deal. These people are lowering our wages dramatically and the best you can do is 13 arrests in Newark NJ. I could drive down a city block and hit more with my car.

3. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a national level, unemployment is lower than ever and taxes are lower than ever. Yes, I am sure we can find pockets all over this country where there are still some problems, but overall, it is far better than it was. Far better.

People who have been in Congress long enough to enjoy and prefer the status quo and those who follow their lead. It was the GoP leaders and the establishment that tried to thwart Trump's nomination. I think you know who the establishment is.

There are two systems of justice currently. One for us and one for the political class.

The most recent news that is coming from the border agents is that the DNA tests are showing that the children are not related to the people claiming to be their parents. The children are being recycled at the border by the illegals who use them to get across. These children are tools and are apparently unaccompanied minors. That is been in the news for the last week or so. So children aren't being separated from their parents.

ICE is being thwarted by the Left. That's what you get for living a liberal state like New Jersey. ICE is being hampered from doing their jobs, as is law enforcement because the Left cares more about the illegals than they do about you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well it is not better where I live.... so what do I have to do, sell my house and move? I’ve been here 62 years. I am concerned for my community. What we do have is a ton of illegals. So now I’m learning Spanglish so I know what they are saying behind my back.

5. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that's up to you. NJ has close to the highest state income tax and highest property tax rate in the country. If things are not getting better, that's probably part of the problem. I can't believe that no one in NJ isn't paying less in federal income tax. But the high state income tax probably offsets the federal quite a bit.

All I am saying is that for the country overall, Trump's plans are working and working better than he envisioned. Trump's critics can't really counter that, so they have to resort to name calling and trying to impugn him personally. And the Dems have to resort to rigging the system against him because they can't campaign effectively against as strong economy, lower taxes and a stronger military and a number of other things he has accomplished despite a GoP that stand the fact that he has done in 3 years what they could not (or would not) do in 30 years.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has not done a complete job so I’m not impressed. Look he also lives here, he has a golf course here, as well as hotels and other properties... so he isn’t getting support from me, not until I see some support from... otherwise don’t come home.

I ain’t a Dem and I am not a Republican but the Dow is down 600 points, my property taxes are sky high and jobs are stagnant. what’s he doing for us?

7. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact remains that he has kept over 70% of the promises he has made. To imply he has to be finished 100% up to this point, or else what has done doesn't count, is unreasonable. A reasonable person has to admit that when it comes to what he has accomplished for the American pepole, he has done more than the last 3 or 4 administrations combined.

I am taking a more reasonable approach in simply pointing out what he has done for the country as a whole. I didn't personally benefit from the tax cuts. My federal taxes didn't go down a single penny because I have to pay a self-employment tax and it is not affected by my deductions. I pay roughly $2,500 a year, every year and that did not change at all when the new tax laws came out. But I am not so small as to demand that I personally have to benefit, or else consider Trump as having done nothing beneficial for the country.

The president doesn't control the Dow and your property taxes are a state issue not a federal issue. Trump lowered FEDERAL income tax, not state property taxes. Your argument is with your governor, not the president.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok I am unreasonable... that’s me and that’s how you get my vote.... otherwise the guy that effects my bottom line gets my vote. Also where are the jobs or do they all go to other parts of the country?

#68 Earth Wind and Fire, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  9. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are more jobs than we have people to work them. Employers are having to compete and offer higher pay and more benefits to attract applicants. Do you not ever watch the news?

The Left acts there are no jobs anywhere to be found despite unemployment being at historic lows across the board in very demographic.

The president doesn't personally create jobs. He creates an environment that is favorable to job growth. And he has done that. That doesn't mean that every city in every state has all of it people making $60,000 a year. But lowering taxes has created positive job growth.

It's really hard to gauge exactly what is going on because the Left has created such a toxic political environment that no one wants to give Trump credit for the policies that have helped them because they will tarred and feathered on TV and any business that publicly admits that it has benefited from Trumps tax cuts is subject to potential boycotts and smearing by the Left. They do it with everyone. Even conservatives in Hollywood are intimidated into silence for fear of never getting a job in that city ever again.

The low unemployment figures constitute some evidence that Trump's policies are on the right track.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These jobs you reference are not on par with stated growth stats.... in fact, they have lowered the lake substantially. Therefore you can’t get ahead and often they don’t pay enough to provide the staples of life. And no I don’t watch the news but rather I go into the streets and speak with people... screw the media, screw the government reports, they are bogus and they often lie.

11. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say that every job was paying above $35,000 poverty line, but there are a lot more good paying jobs than there were before Trump took office. More people are working and there are more factories opening up in the US than there were before. It's not a utopia, but it is better and it is heading in the right direction. To imply that it has to be perfect before Trump is allowed to take credit for taking us in the right direction, is unreasonable.

There ARE tons of jobs that pay over $60,000 a year that require no college. Granted, they are blue collar jobs and they are the kinds of jobs where you sweat through your shirt and get dirty, and have to put up with weather, but they pay better than college entry level jobs and fast food. You have to be able and willing to work, though. And those employers offer paid training and full benefits. The jobs are there, but we have to get past the myth that you have to have a college education.

Your information is based on a limited scope and not on what is actually happening around the country, that is hardly a credible approach.

Sounds to me like the guy who is affecting your bottom line is your governor, not the president. Your gripe is with your governor, not the president.

It is not the job of the president to get you a job. That's what the private sector is for. The president only provides the environment favorable to job growth.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any jobs for people over 60? How bout for my BIL who is 58 with a mortgage and 3 kids he is putting through college ( who has been forced to cut his pay two times now). BTW those $35,000 used to be $60 to 65000.00

13. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess he will just have to look and see what's out there. None of what you just said is Trump's fault, nor is it his problem to solve. I have financial woes, too. I don't hold Trump accountable for that, nor do I expect him to fix my life.

14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point is this game has been exposed for what it is and those who so anxiously continue down this road are also being exposed by their approvals of this disgraceful traitorous scheme. These events will go down in history for what they were and those who continue to support it as the dishonest or plain fools that wouldn't let it go.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will see

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should you rely on a guy who can’t fix his own

17. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was growing up in the 50's and 60's a man with a high school education and a good union job on the assembly line could support a family of four in a more than adequate way. We had families like that living on both sides of us. One was a family of four whose husband worked at Int. Harvester. The other was a family of seven whose husband was an electrician. Today, that's impossible in America. Wives have had to go to work to make ends meet. We're reaping the "benefits" of Republican createde inequality.

18. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is doing just fine. He takes the same losses as do other billionaire entrepreneurs like Buffet and Cuban.

19. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are reaping the effects of a political establishment on both sides that do what benefits them and their domestic and foreign financial interests.

It's far more complex than your overly unsophisticated and simplistic approach to the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to laugh at you. I provided a real example of what's happened in America and you call it unsophisticated. You simply don't ot can't understand the real problem.