1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Race Riot Question

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Rolfe, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a question about those stats:
    Are you saying that in the above 63.9% of all aggravated assaults committed by whites?

13% of the population is black.

So if Blacks commit 33% of assaults - that would make the % higher.

But we are leaving out an important part of the discussion. Apparently Latinos, Asians, ect commit no crimes.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. I didn't mention proportions because he didn't say proportionately . He said as a whole Whites to not act as violently and as entitled as do Blacks. As a whole, he is incorrect.

He said Obviously
    The numbers show that to be an incorrect statement. But it's one that "political conservatives" like to toss around as though it's the truth . It's been a Hannity/ Rush/Boortz/Levine talking point in the past. It was wrong then and its wrong today.

And yes, the Latinos and Asians do commit crimes. But this discussion mentioned Black vs White.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I want is the hard facts.

and don't you think that MSNBC, ect don't like to throw their "opinions" around too?

but if 65% of a crime is White and 35 % is black - than that means other races are 0 %

Now lets add 1 more equation. If a person is mixed race, which category is he in. I know on some forms I have had to fill out - it asked for race - it stated you did not have to answer - but if you didn't - than the interview was supposed to put down what he thought you were..

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

THINK? :laugh: I KNOW they do. As I've said, this racial divivision is a work of the devil. He doesn't care about right vs left, Black vs White, Dem vs Repub. He just wants to keep folks distracted so that the Gospel isn't preached and people will go to hell.

I don't think I gave you one that added to 100% because the report DID include the i.e (.7 or 1.2%) of a crime committed by Latinos or Asians.

The one that the FBI placed him in. :laugh:

The hard facts say that Whites commit more violent crimes if you're looking at numbers. But that's a no brainer.

#24 Zaac, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The hard facts also tell us that a young black male is several times more likely to commit a violent crime than a young white male.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Oh so we're only talking about a certain segment of Blacks now? Did you also want to share that when it comes to young people in any skin color demographic, that they are all disproportionately several times more likely to commit crimes?

Are you gonna share with us that multiple killings are several times more likely to be committed by young white males?

The standard assumption that criminals are black and Blacks are criminals is so prevalent that in one study, 60 percent of viewers who viewed a crime story with no picture of the perpetrator falsely recalled seeing one, and of those, 70 percent believed he was Black. When we think about crime, we “see black,” even when it’s not present at all.

Are you gonna share with us the age demographic of white women who are murdering their children in ever increasing numbers?

All you're doing is reinforcing the racial prejudice that Blacks say exist but Whites refuse to see.

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question posed was not about racial crime statistics. It was about racially-motivated rioting in response to a black officer/white suspect incident.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's what the OP was about. It was addressed. You simply don't find very many instances of black officers shooting and killing unarmed white suspects so you're dealing with apples and oranges.

If you were constantly getting reports about black cops killing white unarmed suspects, one would venture that you might see a same or similar response.

Other statements have in turn been made that should rightly have been addressed if they are the truth. They aren't.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was not addressed, other than Crabtownboy's and Matt Wade's guesses that it has never occurred. The question was about the last time it took place, not about its frequency.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Has anyone submitted to you any pattern of instances where it's taken place? That's probably because it's not taken place the way it is with Blacks.

According to stats compiled by the U.S. Department of Justice, an unarmed black person died at the hands of an armed White police officer at the rate of nearly two per week from 2005 to 2012. Over that 8-year-period, 400 police killings were reported per year. White officers killed a Black person, on average, 96 times per year.

Of those, 18 percent of the African Americans killed were under the age of 21, compared to 8.7 percent of Whites. http://newpittsburghcourieronline.com/2014/08/18/white-cops-kill-at-least-2-blacks-each-week/

So again, you get black officers to start killing unarmed white suspects at a clip of nearly two per week and I'm sure that you'd probably get the same response from white people along with some non-courtroom justice.

God help us. The police are exterminating the human lives of unarmed black people at a rate of nearly two a week and the same folks outraged over abortion aren't outraged over this?

Help us Jesus!

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before the information which is now coming out almost hourly about the incident --all we heard was that a white policeman killed an unarmed black teen. Now significant data is being released (lots more has been reserved for later).

In how many other cases has the news been initially intoduced in the same way --unarmed black male gunned down by white cop? Now don't get me wrong. There are what I trust are a few cases in which white policemen are actually murdering young black men --but again, I trust those cases are few in number.

If a black policeman kills a young white man would there be looting and rioting in the streets with buildings set ablaze?

Blacks are exterminating other blacks at a rather high rate in a lot of big cities. But since no whites are involved then the black "leaders" have no interest. There is no money to be had.

Speaking of money was it Al Sharpton who was asking for donations for the Brown family in a roomful of black folks. I don't think he was met with open arms. In a room of 200 adults Sharpton makes more in one week then they probably do in one month collectively. And perhaps I am underestimating.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and how many of those white cops were arrested on criminal charges OR were those killings justified?

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I say again, if black police officers were killing unarmed white females at the rate that white officers are killing unarmed black males, then you probably would have some rioting and some good ole fashioned street hangings.

People toss this around as though it's any different for any skin color. Whites overwhelmingly kill Whites more often. Blacks overwhelmingly kill Blacks more often.

These are cases about white police officers killing UNARMED black people. They aren't killing unarmed white people at nearly the same rate. Why?

I think Jesse Jackson tried that too and got booed away. :laugh:

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the sheer number of black on black murders is much higher than white on white killings despite the fact that blacks constitute only 13% or so of the American population.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

According to the people who have done studies on these things, it is RARE for a police department to classify ANY of their killings as unjustified. I think the number I saw was upwards of close to 99% of killings by police officers are classified by the police departments as justified.

Would you expect the people doing the killing to classify their actions as anything other than justified?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, that's simply not true. Blacks commit disproportionately more murders for the percentage of the population that they are in comparison to the number that Whites commit. But that in itself is kinda crazy because you'd have to establish that the majority is only allowed to commit so many murders and that Blacks would then be measured against that.

In general, there will just about always be more crimes committed by Whites who are in the majority simply because there are so many more Whites in the US than Blacks and Hispanics and Asians.

By sheer numbers, in 2011, Whites committed 3172 murders. 2630 of those were committed by other Whites. That's 83% of White on White murder.

In 2011, Blacks committed 2695 murders. 2447 of those were committed by other Blacks. That's about 91% of Black on Black murder.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

There's not that big of a difference between them as again, the majority of crimes committed are committed by people of one skin color towards a person of the same skin color.

This whole notion of Black on Black crime when you don't hear the same thing being said about White on White crime or Hispanic on Hispanic crime does nothing more than perpetuate the majority stereotype that Blacks are more prone to violence because that's what the "conservative" political narrative has become.

EVERY skin color overwhelmingly commits crimes of every sort and type more often against that same skin color. It's a fact that's readily verified by the FBI and the DOJ.

But this conservative political notion of Black on Black crime being so much more out of control than the others has helped to create an American society where Blacks are viewed as angry and violent. You don't see that being done with any other skin color. Why?

I believe once again because the devil is busy. If you can keep people divided over something as stupid as skin color, then ain't nobody gonna be preaching the Gospel.

18. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting graphic:

[​IMG]

19. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Zaac, your own numbers are advancing the stereotype that black crime is out of control. 13% of the population committed 46% of the murders in 2011, regardless of victim color.

I am not blaming color. I am blaming culture. There is a problem, and instead of complaints, we as America need to come up with a solution and fix it.

20. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as there are those (the professional race batters & their far-too-willing minions) who inject RACE into every conflict, America will never come up with a solution to the problem.
    If the aforementioned parentheticals would develop an acute case of lock-jaw (??:smilewinkgrin:), perhaps a tremendous advance could be made in race relations.
    I know that there has been a vast improvement since I was a teen (50's), and there would basically be no problem today had the scum not kept things stirred up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.