1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Racism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tinytim, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well said...

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Well y'all I'm out, probably never should have gotten in, but that's another story. :saint: I'll probably be gone for a week or so anyway. My mother, grandmother, and sisters are all coming into town this week. :wavey:

AA that was a very insightful post. Kudos! :thumbs:

Lagardo, I have witnessed some of the same things in studies of my own. There is always "someone else".

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Actually, when I get to rock bottom I make my cat do the digging.

And if you want to know HOW I can make my cat do the digging, it is simple.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    I use a whip! :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Question;
    If a woman showed up at my door in the morning seeking help and I said, "Hey, B*tch, I can only help my own kind."

Would this be racism?
    Hey. just askin'.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Wow! A rude, misogynistic and racist statement all in one short sentence! Quite the wordsmith.

6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I find it disgusting, and hard to believe that any Christian would believe it is OK to be a racist. And yes by saying something is not a sin, you are saying that it is OK.

One cannot reconcile these scriptures and have a tolerance for racism

And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'
    "This is the great and foremost commandment.
    "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'
    "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
    Mat 22:37-40

And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and {yet} God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean. Acts 10:28

Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand {now} that God is not one to show partiality, Acts 10:34

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal 3:28

7. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

May I ask how that post is intended to glorify Christ?

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Why the profanity? What purpose does that serve in this discussion?

Please edit, cutter. If you don't, I'm sure a mod will be glad to.

9. Magnetic Poles

Two relatively new members who arrived about the same time have sown more discord on this board than I think I have ever seen. They (and we) know who they are.

10. Cutter

Cutter New Member

A B*tch is a female dog.

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
    :23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
    :24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    :25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
    :26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] to dogs.

The Lord God chose Israel as His people because of the faith of Abraham. When Christ came He offered Israel the Kingdom and they refused the King and the Kingdom. He came preaching the Kingdom. The Bible puts it this way,
    He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

We now live in the, "Whosever will..." dispensation.
    Blindness is over Israel.
    Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

When Christ returns for the Gentile Bride He will again turn His attention back to Israel, His people.
    Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    :27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
    :28 As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes.
    :29 For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

If Christ were here among us today He would suffer the same fate as He did 2000 years ago. He also would be called a racist and a bigot.

11. Magnetic Poles

You referenced a woman, not a dog. And to twist the word of God to make it seem okay is blasphemous and profane.

12. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Do you not believe the reference to the dog was about the woman. How much more plain can it be?

2 Corinthians 12:16 But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Cutter...first, you used profanity. I reported it (along with others).

Now, you defend it.

Shame on you.

There is plenty of Scripture that tells us how our speech is to be. Why not obey it?

I would appreciate your speech reflecting Christ, and not the prevailing culture.

If I wanted to read profanities, I would go elsewhere. I'm guessing here, but keep up the profanities, and I see a vacation in your future.

14. Cutter

Cutter New Member

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, [even] as unto babes in Christ.
    :2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able [to bear it], neither yet now are ye able.

15. tenor

tenor New Member

if "culture clash" is the issue, then a (for sake of argument) a "white IFB from New York City and a white IFB from rural Mississippi should not marry. What about this? You can't have much more of a culture clash.

Also, many of the "cultural differences" come from location and available resources not nescessarily ethnicity or race. They are however, often continued after moving to a new locale.

#115 tenor, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  16. rbell

rbell Active Member

And now you defend your profanity with Scripture????????
    The Lord rebuke you.

17. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Wise up RBell! What is the word in the english language for a female dog????
    Who made it profanity. In it's original use there is nothing profane about it.
    If you are so easily offended, go crawl back under your bed with your flashlight!:tonofbricks:

18. tenor

tenor New Member

I belive that all forms of racism and most "anti-anyone" (cultural, financial, retardation, etc.) are wrong and sin.

Some have said, or at least alluded to, that siome groups are "racist" in the reverse sort of way, my question is this does that "defend" my "racism"?

In other words, does two wrongs make a right? I say, most definitely not.

19. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

1) You were not using the term to describe a femail dog.

2) In the vernacular of our times, the word, save AKC papers, is profanity

3) You used it out of context for shock value in a poor attempt to make a point.

Like Rbell, I have reported it. Folks, we may wear out the report button on a few folks here, but that is why it is there.

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

Your original post was speaking to a woman.

So now, just to recap, we've....

• Used profanity on the BB...a violation of rules.
    • Used Scripture to justify your coarse and unseemly language.
    • Lied about what the profanity was about (there was NO DOG anywhere in that post).
    I've been here a while, and I get along with most folks. But you are in the wrong here, and the only appropriate response is to edit your remarks and apologize.

But, hey...if you want to keep digging, I cannot stop you. But the folks that run the BB, if I guess right, won't put up with your language one bit.

But it shouldn't be about the BB's rules. Your speech is not Christ-honoring, and deep down you know that.

Man up, and fix this. Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.