1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rate Trump's Speach!?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jan 20, 2017.

?

How was Trump's speach?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2017.
  1. Great

31.3%
  2. Okay

6.3%
  3. Subpar

18.8%
  4. I've heard better (tell us who)

18.8%
  5. he hit it out of the park

18.8%
  6. He made me proud

31.3%
  7. I didn't take the time to watch it

12.5%
  8. Gag me with a spoon

6.3%
  9. He changed my opinion n a good way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. He changed my opinion in a bad way

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never felt more proud to be an American this morning. I felt Trump really believes he can "Make America Great Again!" And I want to prayerfully stand beside him in this work.

How did he do? Let's hear it from you folks, fellow Americans?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I read the transcript of the word salad. I do not like nor do I trust this man. He disturbs me in a way I cannot describe. There is something evil in him...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...it was definitely populist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think a large percentage of believers would disagree with you, but, as an American, you ate free to speak your mind.

I'd love to know just what it is that tells you he is evil? Is it your political bias, or the Holy Spirit? Because as a prophet I disagree with your pronouncement.of evil. It is my prayer that your heart be open enough for God to show you the truth and not allow you to judge the man on your feelings. Shalom!

BTW - when time proves you wrong sister, will you be as bold to apologize for your statement of evil as you were to make it tonight? When the man shows us his ability to turn the nation around, I plan to ask you for an apology. I hope you comply. Shalom.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD, I sincerely ask this. Are you claiming to be a prophet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was called to be a prophet. In the calling came a period of training. Observance. Numerous interviews by a group of fellow prophets. Recommendation by three recognised prophets.And an ordination ceremony with the laying on of hands. At the time of this calling and ordination, I was a member in good standing with a international fellowship of churches that moved and practiced the gifts. I have never stopped being a SBC preacher, but I have spread my wings and invloved myself with other SBC who do believe in anddo practice all the gifts.

What you believe, or don't believe, has little meaning to me either way. I do not use my gifts to persuade or influence others to live like me or believe as I do. Thus, I have no less a view of those who do not hold to the gifts or even believe in the gifts. I see my being blessed with certain gifts to be an enhancement of my overall ability to minister, but, it also does not make me better than, or less then you, whohave not been enlightened as myself.

I know you do not believe. That is your perrogative. But, don't try to judge me according to my gifts, becauce I would never judge you. We are all unique in His eyes. But no one is better than another. Prophecy is merely one gift. There are many gifts to be given, and behold. I rejoice in what I have been entrusted to use to assist others in the journey to glory.

Thanks for asking. No, be nonjudgemental, and let my gift not be something to argue over. Shalom!

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try not to draw any conclusions from my question. I was only asking. A Baptist Prophet is a new concept that I have not heard of before now.

8. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why do I believe DJT is evil:
    He shows NO signs of being alive in the Spirit.
    He lies
    He is a fornicator
    He is a dishonest businessman
    He does not pay his debts
    He has repeatedly demonstrated that he is unable to keep his businesses running (multiple bankrupsies).
    He openly talks about committing sexual assaults

If YOU can show me where there is ANY fruit of repentance and faith in this man, I'll table my judgement. However, as a student of history, there are way too many red flags in this man...including his inaugural speech. I've heard it before.

Matthew 24:24, Mark 13:22

I see too many throw their support behind one candidate or another based on things that don't amount to a hill of beans. I would be very cautious and discerning here...and pray he is not deceiving you. Or, as my children would say "mom has a very sensitive baloney meter".

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am no prophet but I thought his speech was bold. I do not believe it was a word salad but a bowl of peppery hot chili.

Obama was getting burned just a few feet away as well as the total spectrum of the establishment to which I shout IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Not eloquent but ON THE MONEY.

OK now can he deliver? I think he will.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes he is a sinner and he has admitted that he is as well as others, LOTS of others.

Rather than accuse him publicly of sin (as that is a given, not only for him but for all of us), I intend to pray for him publicly and privately.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Father, reveal your grace to him, grant him mercy, wisdom and your righteousness.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have heard these hypernationalistic speeches before in my study of history.
    A man who surrounds himself with anti-semites, with white nationalists, who talks about marking or locking up a certain portion of the population due to religious belief or national heritage..where have you heard that before and did it have a good result?

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
    2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he should be MUCH more supportive of Christianity and our values.morals than President Obama ever was, and his appeal to Americans being placed first is what we should all desire, right?
    And remember, the media has him as the devil Himself, and Obama was the Black messaih, so don't buy into all of that!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His son in law is orthodox Jew, his daughter converted, His VP striong Christian, as are many of his advisors, so why would he be against the Jews?And he has knocked radical Muslims and hate mongers in Black lives matter, so what is wrong with that?

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just watched Ronnie Regan's speech.....Much much better, actually inspiring (something to rally around). Trumps speech--not so much.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not? he was jsut stating that americans will ahve a real voice in their own lives under Him now, and that our national interests will be now first?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I can see that you are a highly opinionated young lady, who sees it her way or the highway. Judgemental folks are often quite miserable, mainly because others know judgemental spirits, and steer clear. For that reason, you are going on ignore. I hate to do this, but I don't feel like being pulled down into the ugly mire of hate and anger that you dogpaddle in.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Expect the Saul Alinsky method of bearing false witness against Trump by blasting him publicly with unsubstantiated accusations.

How about obeying the scripture and praying for him?

Yes I pray for former president Obama, though I disagree with much of his world view I prayed for and I still do pray for Obama, OFTEN, for protection for him and his family, for wisdom, enlightenment, blessings... and I still do.

I whispered a prayer for him as I watched him and his beautiful family as they took off for a restful vacation in Palm Springs.

May God bless him.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe he has said a word about LOCKING up anyone. Deporting criminal illegals, yes. Locking up, no!

#19 righteousdude2, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, sounds like others who have come and gone on the BB.

HankD