1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured RC Sproul and Alcoholic Beverages

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That's like saying fundamentalists are not teaching another Gospel they are just teaching another Gospel in some ways.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it is.....dont believe me, then get a buzz & then go over to a cop shop & ask for a Breathalyzer test. Tell me what they tell you.
    You do by this very post. You think your cute by saying a buzz isnt an altered state on the way to a full drunk.... Please, whats your freakin problem. What kinda arse backwards analogy is " like removing your coat" ..... Grow the Frig up. People that drink have real problems & your treating this like a contest between DHK, Rev, Arron & yourself and you gotta take all the marbles, right. Well dont work like that. Have some compassion for these people & develop some humility & if you got the balls to survive alcoholism then use that survival mechanism to help others.

You know what, your attitude sucks & you better change it before God changes it. Until then, go take a flying leap for yourself.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Drinking in moderation is the OPPOSITE of indulgence.

I should not have to tell you that.

And it is no secret if you share it with all those who are not weaker brethren.

Besides, the Proverbs reminds us "The FOOL utters all his mind..."

There is nothing commendable about blurting out everything you do.

Again, I should not have to tell you this stuff. I have to feed you milk when you ought to be eating meat by now.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No, no.

I contended that almost NO Christians condemned drinking alcohol in moderation before the middle of the nineteenth century and you provided Barnes who condemned it in the MIDDLE OF THE 19TH CENTURY!!!

It is like debating a child.

Here is what I contend. Teetotalism is ignorant in the highest degree. People who preach it can hardly SPELL exegesis and don't have the SLIGHTEST exegetical support for it and if they did couldn't provide it because they don't know the first thing about hermeneutics.

I contend that movements that preach it are ignorant movements led by largely uneducated pastors.

I contend that it is extrabiblical doctrine on the same vein with KJVO and is thus Pharisaical heresy.

I could go on.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You usually do. I tire of it. :sleeping_2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.