1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rebuttal of an Article on Jn. 6:44 by Dr. Flowers

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God owes to sinners NOTHING....

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God doesn't owe Satan. Justice is not about retribution.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is just when people go to hell, correct?

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

God is always just.

God is not an idiot, correct?

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We didn't violate Satan's Law! We violated God's Law and it his law from which condemnation and death are justly administered. It is God's glory that has been impugned by sin. It is God's just that demands a penalty for sin. ALL are justly condemned and none deserve anything but pure justice. Mercy cannot be demanded and Grace cannot be earned.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you agree with post # 65?

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

If I hear even the slightest whimper of mercy from a christian it is the absolute and full authority of God.

We can rewrite scripture and scribble in all are condemned and killed and damned. And that still doesn't equate to putting words into God's mouth as a divine decree that you or anyone deserves hell.

No where does scripture ever state God saying mankind deserves hell. That is a poor attempt at applying false humility.

That is a pagan approach to appeasement to pagan gods.

Anything that ends in a destruction and suffering of any soul is what the devil would call a victory.

The Laws were set for the benefit of mankind. God never needed a law.

Pure Justice is always restorative and yields no victory to evil.

The biblical word justice has more to do with mercy even in protecting widows and orphans.

It is nothing like this pagan view of legalistic retribution.

Acts 10

28And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. . . . For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; . . ." -- Romans 3:10-11; Romans 3:23.

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

No where does scripture ever state God saying mankind deserves hell. <---This is the Truth.

It is unbiblical false teaching. Stating the Truth louder around a Lie doesn't change a Lie to the Truth.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It states that all come short of God's glory. Where does that leave man without God's intervention? Matthew 25:41. John 6:44-45. Romans 3:10-11.

Now before eternity God has a promise for man (Titus 1:2; 2 Timothy 1:9). This is true. But not everyone receives that truth (Acts of the Apostles 7:51; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Matthew 25:41).

So what is your difficulty understanding this?

11. utilyan

Site Supporter

Amen none, What is yours?

If You trying to tell me something , step up and say it.

Here is what I am telling you.

No where does scripture ever state God saying mankind deserves hell. <---This is the Truth.

It is unbiblical false teaching. Stating the Truth louder around a Lie doesn't change a Lie to the Truth.

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then explain why names are not to be found in the book of life in the judgement, Revelation 20:15; Revelation 21:8; Mark 9:48. Remember the little children are safe, Mark 10:14-15.

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

Oh did I say no one is going to hell? quote me.

I said : No where does scripture ever state God saying mankind deserves hell. <---This is the Truth.

You want to prove me wrong. Give me the verse where GOD SAYS " ALL MANKIND DESERVES TO GO TO HELL"

Simple verse, show it.

The deception is people want God to share in their personal horrible judgement of others. We are not the judge God is, We don't make judgement calls and false accusations, also Presuming him to be without mercy is dumber mistake and flat out exposes lack of faith.

Anyone who expects God not to act with mercy has done a better job of insulting God even if I tried.

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If no one deserves hell, how is your understanding of the Biblical God just in sending anyone there?

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

God is just in everything he does. But me and you might have different view of justice.

Being killed, brutalized and raped for example is a lesser penalty than going to hell. So you already think people already deserve that even worst. That is a condemnation and judgment you have no place to make.

Lets up the ante. He could send everyone in the universe to hell. That does not EQUAL nor does it MEAN--->God says "you deserve to go to hell"

You think the only currency God understands is suffering. You look at it from your own personal perspective and neglect to recognize God's.

Hell is not passive that is a active rebellion against God no one "Deserves" to sin against God.

You never asked about what God deserves being what is deserved.

He doesn't deserve the existence of anything cursing his name for an eternity.

On paper when a child does wrong and he repents and wants to beat himself with a hammer for it, it sounds cute, but he is trying to employ his own sense of Justice based on suffering, not GOD's.

If you think anyone deserves to suffer for the wrongs they commit, Jesus Christ picked up that tab when he died on the cross, he's paying Your sense of justice to cover for everyone's suffering.

Name any suffering I deserve greater than having Jesus suffer. A selfish soul can name a thousand things worst. What threat can you make on someone who loves Jesus?

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because scripture doesnt explicitly state it in your personal terms doesnt mean:

1. Its not true
    2. Scripture never says it
    3. That its a false doctrine.

In order to prove that it is a false doctrine you will have to work harder to prove it. In fact can you show us the exact opposite is true?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You are not making sense.

God is holy and omnipresent. Anything anyone does is in the presence of the Holy God. And cannot not be so.

Now please simply explain to me how you understand God being just sending anyone to Hell?

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

Not even implicitly. Scripture never says it.

Everyone misbehaves. Bad people go to hell.

Nothing there earns the harsh judgment of GOD saying "you deserve to burn in hell" You are going overboard and putting words into God' mouth.

If he said those things show me the Verse. its that simple.

I on the other hand can point to Jesus as a statement of what you deserve.

The mistake being made here is applying justice from a worldy man's perspective, his currency is suffering.

He says I deserve in neglect of what God deserves.

You have a child who makes a mistake, Well he decides he doesn't deserve to live and suicides. How is that justice for you the father? No you deserve that he makes up for it in behaving the proper way.

Getting what you "deserve" can't be a sin because when it is sin you are neglecting what GOD deserves.

Tell me what GOD deserves first. Lets not start from a SELFISH point of me me me and what I deserve.

If JUSTICE is a focus on YOU rather than GOD's WILL then its not justice at all.

"In fact can you show us the exact opposite is true?"

First having Jesus Christ being associated in anyway with Mankind, THE WORD ITSELF. Is God's living statement.

Acts 10

28And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

1 Corinthians 4

1Let a man regard us in this manner, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy. 3But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself. 4For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord. 5Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God.

Show me a verse where GOD DESERVES to be HATED by you. When it comes to justice quit putting the spotlight on yourself.

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And so an argument from silence you your justification for denial that all men deserve Hell.

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

"No. You are not making sense."

Its not going to ever make sense to you until you start with what GOD DESERVES instead of selfishly centering the universe on yourself.

If you weren't so focused on the BAD NEWS and sadistic fear you want to put on others. You would have bothered to consider what GOD DESERVES.

"God is holy and omnipresent. Anything anyone does is in the presence of the Holy God. And cannot not be so."

Yes Jesus is Sustainer of all things.

Folks make God out to be the most squeeky, whiney, whimp in the universe. All these laws and rules they are not for God. You break them it doesn't do anything to God.

God is not a angry chimp who throws a fit every time you do something wrong..

Tell me what GOD DESERVES.