1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rebuttal of an Article on Jn. 6:44 by Dr. Flowers

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Jan 17, 2019.

1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

GOD SAYS All men deserve a million dollars. we can use the same stupid logic to defend that statement.

But I can actually back it with that he gave his only son.

You have ZERO scripture to back up that swirly mess you got right there.

Look you are the guys claiming GOD SAYS all mankind deserves hell.

Oh really? where did he say that?

"oh its in there somewheres"

Ok show it to me.

"well you don't have proof its NOT in there"

God is not a idiot.

Show me the verse you claim exists.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably one of the most incoherent posts I have read on this board.

3. utilyan

Site Supporter

Hell is sin fully developed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it would seem you are incapalble of answering what I had asked. "Now please simply explain to me how you understand God being just sending anyone to Hell?"

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hell is where lost sinners go, as God grants to them their desire to not have God be involved with them anymore at all!

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . Evil men understand not judgment: . . ." -- Proverbs 28:5.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All have fallen short of the glory of God, and all shall suffer judgment and condemnation for that, unless they receive Jesus thru faith and get saved!

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

That's all true. But it doesn't equate to ALL MANKIND DESERVES HELL.

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

I agree.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Just as Yeshua1 said in the post I just replied. Even so we can say God were to send everyone in hell or even "injustly" sent everyone in hell it makes no difference. It simply does not equate to GOD DECLARING ALL MANKIND DESERVE HELL.

That declaration and judgement is unbiblical God has never done it. God sends anyone to hell it is what it is.

He can even send EVERYONE to hell this does not mean in anyway "ALL MANKIND DESERVE HELL".

"ALL MANKIND DESERVE HELL" is an unbiblical philosophy. You guys say God said it.....well show us the verse.

It might be your opinion all mankind deserves a belt whipping. That is your opinion. But to claim that it is GOD's opinion and a biblical opinion, is A SIN. You can't make that judgement call.

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you saying Christ did not need to die for anyone (Isaiah 53:6)? And are you saying no one has sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)? Explain.

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

No I'm not saying that. Strawman.

I'm saying "ALL MANKIND DESERVE HELL" is an unbiblical philosophy. You guys say God said it.....well show us the verse.

If you don't have a verse say that then.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, by using the same type of argument, it is unbiblical to say "Jesus is God" too. Jesus is the man. And God is not a man. Simple enough. 1 Timothy 2:5.

The arugment is that men deserve hell, not that anywhere in Holy Scripture will you find any such direct statement. Can you provide any Holy Scripture supporting merely the notion that men do not deserve God sending them to Hell?

14. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus said that all mankind was "condemned already" and that is just condemnation by God
    Paul says the "wages of sin is death" and "wages" refers to what you justly merit.
    John the Baptist using the present tense says "the wrath of God is abiding" over unbelievers - Jn. 3:36
    Paul tells the Ephesians they were "children OF WRATH even as others" - Eph. 2:3
    The Great white judgement seat is where every man is judged "according to their works" thus MERITING the "second death" in Gehenna - Rev. 19:15-17
    The very meaning of "grace' carries the idea of being "underserving" of salvation and thus infers just damnation.
    The very meaning of "mercy" necessarily infers justly judged or else mercy has no meaning at all.

I could go on and on and on listing scriptures that explicitly and plainly demand just and universal damnation of all mankind (Rom. 5:12, 15-19; etc.).

But you don't care how many scriptures are placed in front of you because it is self-evident your mind is seared against truth.

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Jesus said that all mankind was "condemned already""

THEN QUOTE THE VERSE!

Jesus Christ is the living word in where God stands on what mankind deserves. Only GOD determines what man deserves.

The problem here is based on taking man's selfish perspective on what they deserve.

What does GOD DESERVE? Its not a person in hell who actively is in sin against God.

Forgiveness actually involves forgiving not making me pay for it thru the suffering of a loved one.

If someone tortures your daughter to let you off the hook, they truly are not letting you off the hook if you ACTUALLY CARED FOR HER. You are still PAYING UP.

So of course a SELFISH person doesn't think this thru when it comes to the absurdity of torturing Jesus, they would throw their own mother under the bus let alone Jesus and call it "forgiveness".

God will always deserve OBEDIENCE. His damages get paid first. Not your silly sense of retribution.

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 3:18, ". . . he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. . . ."

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 15:22

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That refers to physical death and the resurrections, at the very least.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul point is that in Adam, ALL born after Him, save Jesus, died spiritually in Him, and those in Christ, shall be made spiritual alive again!

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

It literally tells you:

John 3

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.