1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Refugee Snakes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

These Rattlesnakes are in need of a home. They're refugees from the Hill Country pushed out by snake hunting, and feral hogs. Now, we think most of these are good snakes and won't bite you, but we are sure some of these will bite you without provocation. We can't tell you which snakes in the bunch are the ones that will kill you because they all came in together and we can't tell which is which! Some of the biting ones were actually trained to seek out anyone and bite and to hide among the good ones. Our federal government has promised to figure it out, so don't worry.

So who wants to give all these snakes a good home?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We also need to consider all the African boas purchased by Floridians, then turned out to the wild when the owners realized they're getting too big to stay in their houses. All those poor snakes want to do is develop a better life for themselves and their offspring. So now they're out there usurping the territory of species longer in America,eating their rats, rabbits, and deer. But can they help it? They're just doing what they learned in their native habitat. And the pickin's are easy in America-- where they welcome everybody to make the best of what they've got. No one's gonna deny them, or tell them they should stay where they originated-- that would be horrendously cruel.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure Jesus is proud of your cleverness for comparing people He cares for - and specifically calls His people to care for - to snakes.

There is coming a day when He will talk to you about this and many other things.

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe a comparison to M&Ms would make you feel better BB.

Here, grab a few handfuls Mr, Drama Bout Obama:

[​IMG]

#4 Benjamin, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not about me at all. Just throwing out a friendly warning that Jesus takes this stuff very seriously.

Moreover, the M&M comparison is ridiculous. Not only are you reducing the lives of real people made in the image of God to candy, the 10 in 10,000 (that's 1 in 1,000 for the mathematically disinclined) bears no semblance to truth.

Some of you folks don't seem to believe the scriptures when it comes to Jesus returning to judge humankind (Matthew 25:41-46), and that what we communicate will be judged:

Matthew 12:34b-37
    For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the warning, here is a "friendly" warning for you:
    You might want to consider that your foolishness of loving the ways of man (Progressives) and in doing so lacking in the protection of your family might be judged as well.

(Gal 1:10) For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

(Luk 10:19) Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

(1Ti 5:8) But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Is that what you think my analogy's point was, to compare real people to M&Ms, or could it possibly be about the odds and the present danger facing us which is our not knowing which of a large group will kill us or for that matter even are likely to become dangerous as in young ones becoming radicalized because they have NOT and have NO desire to assimilate into our culture? Sorry, but you don't seem to be able to see past your own nose when it comes to analogies...

Back at you...

Matthew 12:34b-37
    For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You really think Jesus, who used all kinds of animal analogies, is mad about this one? That is the silliest thing I ever heard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More falsehoods, both about me and regarding the issue. May both of you find grace on the Day of Judgment.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    10 guys named Mohammed. 1 is a terrorist waiting for his chance. 5 will take typical jobs, pay taxes, and be productive members of society. 4 will become doctors--one of whom provides the correct course of treatment that cures your wife of cancer.

But because of the one, don't let any of them come, right?

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How hypocritical!

FYI, BB, you don’t know my heart concerning the refugees, you just want to assume that because I don’t agree the Progressive ideology of bringing them all over here as the solution to the problem and then have resorted to using their typical simpleminded argument of making accusations involving moral superiority.

Something you don’t seem to realize is that I am prepared for these typical juvenile arguments which avoid the issues and resort to accusations and childish threats of judgment and can turn them on their heads every day of the week and twice on Sunday. [​IMG]

WHY, thank you! [​IMG]

...And may you also find His grace on that Day, my brotha. [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    False dilemma much...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 of those 4 doctors might end up being a psychiatrist at Fort Hood, TX.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, he got upset when you compared them to snakes and didn't like the candy analogy either.

But those numbers just don't square - Merkel took in 2 million of 'em, only 34,000 of those found work.

Try:

10 guys named Mohammed. 1 is a terrorist waiting for his chance. 8 will go and stay on welfare (9 if you include the terrorist) 1 will become a barista at Starbucks.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strawman much...

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo.

15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] Just so you know, your abuse of the purpose and meaning behind fallacy terms which you attempt to use embarrases me for you. [​IMG]

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of that, wasn't Jesus and his family refugees when they had to flee Herod?:Whistling

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of that, I fail to see how that addresses the argument or IOWs in any way would go to prove that adopting the Progressive practice of bringing potentially dangerous refugees, many of whom have no desire to assimilate to our values and culture, over here to our country by the trainloads is a legitimate solution to the problems.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right...you fail...anyway it's called extreme vetting...a process our current president is using to eliminate threats. :)

19. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fail to see where I failed in my inquiry of your argument or how your "anyway" has anything to do with anything... ;)

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly:)