1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reigning with Christ during the Millennium

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by terrpn, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a 7-year tribulation is not taught in Scripture, it is a non-question. A shortened great tribulation took place in the rebellion leading up to AD 70.

Jesus will return in glory to raise all the dead for life or damnation. John 5:28-29

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for asking. I do not believe the 1000 years of Revelation 20 is the Kingdom. Because after they end, Satan attacks the Kingdom. The 1000 years represent Satan's binding. Because when they end, Satan s loosed. And the saints rule for the same 1000 years to the extent Satan is bound.

Scripture does not support a pre-trib rapture theory. Paul says the rapture happens after the resurrection of the dead. And Jesus says this happens on the last day.

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be suddenly caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17)

“And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.” (John 6:39)ESV

• Like Like x 1
  3. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course I do not expect everyone to echo my sediments............just a rebuttal to part of your earlier post to the way I read it.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

The expression 1,000 years occurs 6x; Rev.19:2-7- add them all up and you have 6,000 years- before Satan is bound. The seventh period of 1,000 years is going to be a rest.

Isaiah 14:7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

God made the earth in 6 days and on the 7th he rested- this 1,000 years will be a Sabbath rest.

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Hosea 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Tribulation saints are now living (millennium) and reigning with Christ. We find crowns for "church age" saints to reign with Christ.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Isaiah 24:23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Christ will sit on David’s throne………..not God’s throne.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

This throne is a earthly, physical, literal, Davidic, Messianic throne located in Jerusalem. This throne is called the “throne of his glory.”

Matthew 25:31-34 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

When Christ returns at his 2nd Advent he is called King and the increased of his government there will be no end.

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

4. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They reign as “priests” and they reign as “kings on this earth” for 1,000 years.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Your scripture proof of- Acts 1:6-7 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons,

It does not say God is not going to restore the kingdom again to Israel, it is not for you to know the nature of the kingdom yet – the correct answer should be- not right at this time, but hold the phone? The OT is filled with preparation for the rapture……….Psalms 50, Isaiah 26, Song of Solomon 2, Daniel 9, etc.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Israel’s sins will not be blotted out and Israel’s restitution until the 2nd Advent. The millennial restoration of Israel will be as a political kingdom with an earthly Messiah ruling. The gap between Acts 1 and the millennium has been filled with a body of Jew and Gentile.

There is no restitution, times of refreshing until Jesus Christ lands with his bare feet on Mt. Olives.

Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

After the tribulation, before the 1,000 year reign we have the fact of the tribulation, which is also compared to the birth pangs of a woman?

Jeremiah 30:4-7 And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. 5 For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. 6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? 7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

That is compared to the birth-pangs of a woman

Daniel spoke of it

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

When Christ returns Israel will be restored as a nation and their land grant restored unto the 12 tribes.

Isaiah 43:5-7 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; 6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; 7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Jeremiah 16:14-15 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; 15 But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

So Satan will be bound for 1,000 years………the “Prince of Powers of the Air” will be dethroned and the “Prince of Peace” enthroned.

Joel 3:18 And it shall come to pass in THAT DAY, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

That day is the 2nd Advent- the day of the Lord and then the start of the millennium. The millennium will usher in the beginning of the physical reign of Christ/Rev. 19:11-20:6 There will be no more curse and so on………..

The church will share her rule with her Lord ruling over Gentile nations.

Revelation 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Revelation 4:10-11 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Luke 19:13-27 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. 17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) 26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pter main pont in Acts was that Jesus is still to deal with the Jews at His second coming, and when they receive Him as their King/Messiah, the whole Earth shall be blessed, as the curse lifted, and paradise will be restored!

6. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes sir............why can't I say it so eloquently and shortGiggle

7. John D. Wright

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this is a very strained interpretation and not at all a normal reading of the text. Shepherd is a positive thing to do not an negative thing. A shepherd does not lead his sheep to destruction.

By your interpretation, if you were an Israelite who received the unconditional covenants from God, would you be satisfied that God had kept his promise to you? I wouldn't.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The promises are only for Christ and those who believe in him. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20)

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A temporary dominion is a hollow reward. No great loss if I don't get a province to rule. In a little while the Millennium will be over and I'll be just like everyone else that was saved. The Millennium is the least of my concerns. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. John D. Wright

Faith:
    Baptist
    They will be fulfilled by Him but that doesn't answer how they will be fulfilled by Him. I believe they will be fulfilled by a millenial reign which is specifically mentioned in Revelation. I don't see how the mystery form of the Kingdom is keeping the promise to Israel.

11. John D. Wright

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you don't care at all about Jesus being pleased with you? You have no concern for the heart of God and what he wishes for your life? That would worry me if I felt that way. It is not a quid pro quo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your interest in this. I don't think a millennium will happen because the kingdom is eternal and became a reality when Jesus first preached the gospel of the Kingdom. Jesus said: “But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Matthew 12:28)

Also, the 1000 years is not the kingdom in Revelation 20. Because Satan attacks the kingdom when the 1000 years end. John clearly tells us the 1000 years are the binding of Satan. Because he is loosed when they end.

What to expect is this. Jesus returns any day now and resurrects the dead in Christ. This is also the restoration of Israel (believers in Christ). Then the rapture. Then the raising of the wicked dead and the judgement. According to Peter the universe explodes and a new heavens and earth emerge where we enjoy God's glory forever.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was told to lay up treasure in Heaven, and that the rewards I should seek are eternal.

It seems to me that to be focused on a temporal reward would violate that directive.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL on the same Day of the LORD

• Agree Agree x 1