1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rep. Ed Case said he’s an Asian trapped in a white body

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Jan 17, 2019.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's always satisfying to see Dems bitten by their own dogs, but people really need to lighten up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of my life I heard we were American Indian. My daughter had the DNA thing done. We are 0% Native American, and I am 1.4% African. I guess I am African American all 1.4%.

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not unusual for people living within other cultures. If they fit in well, someone may say this sort of thing about them as a compliment. Repeating it about oneself can easily be misinterpreted as arrogance or presumption. Had he framed it as something his wife or other Asians say about him, perhaps it would have gone over better. But haters gotta hate.

From the article:

In the same email, Case spokesman Nestor Garcia clarified that the congressman was commenting “on what his Japanese-American wife sometimes says about him.” Garcia also noted that Case is a returning executive committee member of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus.​

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Everyone seems to walking around looking for something to offend them. But it still is funny when the pet of political correctness bites the hand that feeds him.

• Like Like x 1