1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reproved, of Sin, Righteousness, and Judgment

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SheepWhisperer, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Utilyan sounds more and more like an atheist just trying to rock the boat by making extreme and outrageous claims that no one has made. Best to ignore him and his childish behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Scriptures says identifying is obvious and to anyone.

1 john 3

10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

John 13

34“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Does "all" right here mean ELECT? Well if you don't know who are the other elect are........I got some good news for you.

Did Jesus Christ die for me?

I get the impression Calvinist don't know who are the elect, don't know who are the children of God, don't know who are the disciples of Christ.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus died for you, and you are one of the elect, by proving that in receiving jesus thru faith....

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I were not a Calvinist, I WOULDN'T WASTE A SECOND PRAYING FOR FOLK TO BE SAVED.
    It's all down to them; God gave them free will and went off on holiday.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unbiblical.
    No man comes to Jesus except the Spirit draw him. The difference is: I believe that means "attracts" while a Calvinist thinks it means "drags". Here's an example........Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Do men "speaking perverse things" physically "drag" away disciples by force? No, they "attract". (Someone's going to say I'm comparing the Holy Spirit with those who use enticement! Really?) I'm just showing you a meaning for the word. I'll give you an example of a way the Father and the Holy Spirit draws men.........Romans 2: 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? He "draws" men to Himself by the preaching of the Word, by the obedience and "reasonable service" of His children. and by His goodness.. He does it all the time.

6. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Peter 'attracted' his sword from his scabbord when he cut Malchus' servant ear off?

So, Peter 'attracted' the net to shore when he brought it in full of fish.

The same Greek word is used for 'draw, dragged' in those verses.

7. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Different words used in John 6:44, John 12:32, John 18:10, John 21:11. Those verses use 'helko' which means to literally drag off. In Acts 16:19, did the mob 'attract' Paul and Silas or draw/drag them out? Same Greek word 'helko' is used.

Acts 20:30 uses 'apospao' which means 'to tear away, to draw off'.