1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reproved, of Sin, Righteousness, and Judgment

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SheepWhisperer, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 16:8 And when he is come,[the Comforter] he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Acts 24:24
    And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.25And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

I don't know about you, but when I got saved that morning on May 11, 1986, I also was "reproved" of my sin(my lowdown, sorry, hateful wickness), God's righteousness(the wonderful, holy, and precious love of Jesus) and God's judgement (HELL), which one of the three do you think caused Felix to "tremble"? He was afraid wasn't he? You know he was.

Now tell me this: If Felix had instead said "yes" in his heart, to the Gospel, and called on Jesus for mercy like I DID, would that have been "conjuring up faith" on Felix' part? No, it would have been like "JESUS HAVE MERCY AND SAVE ME FROM HELL!!!!!" But alas, since Felix did NOT do that, and instead said (while trembling) "go thy way....I will call for thee when I have a convenient season", did not Felix RESIST after being "drawn" by the "Comforter"? Sure he did. So why say that God's call is "irresistible"?

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're too busy focusing on what man does, and not focusing upon what God does.

God doesn't start salvation and allow fallen ppl to complete it. Its all His doing from start to finish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who clocks God in for work? you do?

Breathing is a GOOD THING which cannot be done without the grace of God. So who is to say grace is not already there?

Example John the Baptist leaped in the womb:

Luke 1

39Now at this time Mary arose and went in a hurry to the hill country, to a city of Judah, 40and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. 41When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42And she cried out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43“And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me? 44“For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy. 45“And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord.”

Did the totally depraved baby leap for murderous joy of killing?

Why did the baby leap in the womb? A prenatal regeneration? Notice the holy spirit comes AFTER.

It should have said Elizabeth was filled with the holy spirit and then the baby leaped in the womb the exact backwards for things to work the way you want them.

5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I foolishly decided to read your post uti, seeing I have you on ignore.

Won't do that again, utI...

You need to repent and believe, uti...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What caused you to repent and others not?

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got scripture that defines 'saved' as 'saved from hell'? I can produce several that indicate 'saved from our sins', but don't recall any 'saved from hell'.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to take the Bible as a whole. Jesus spoke of the rich man "in Hell.....in torments.....in flames". Yes, we are saved from our sins; it's our sins, chiefly unbelief in Christ, that condemn us to Hell.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you don't have a scripture that defines 'saved' as meaning 'saved from hell'.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The insaved/lost keep on resisiting Him, as the doctrine is that those whom God intended to save will not resist, but will turn to Jesus and get saved!

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Irresistible grace is that saving grace that effectually works in believers.
    People resist God's grace all the time....but for those elected by God..saving grace will not ultimately be resisted...each and every lost sheep will be found.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Sin of Selfishness.

Hearing the Gospel, I selfishly did not want to fry in Hell for all eternity, and looked to Jesus for mercy.

13. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closest i found in the same sentence bro.
    Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

14. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Felix didn't respond. Felix was not chosen to respond.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. utilyan

Site Supporter

Wow thats my point. Shouldn't you be asking God to have me repent and believe?

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who says we aren't praying for you? May God be gracious to you, utilyan.

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

I'm saying If God has the ball what are you wasting your time with me? This is common sense.

If I believed Calvinism I wouldn't waste one second with you. I would pray, hey God can you fix him, thanks bye bye.

Convincing you of error doesn't save you, It doesn't matter how much you believe what I say, It is totally on God's discretion.

Any Calvinist who tries to convince other people of being Calvinist don't have common sense, believing and trying to take credit for a conversion themselves. That somehow God now requires their synergistic help.

Where is the real Calvinist who actually believes what they teach?

18. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We don't speak reconciliation and grace to convince you. We speak reconciliation and grace because Jesus tells us to.
    Whether God changes a person's life is for God to choose.
    Most Calvinists will be on the forefront of missions.

19. utilyan

Site Supporter

So you LIE on God's behalf?

God doesn't really love me but tells you to fake a message that he does.

Did Christ die for me?

Do you have any biblical evidence that YOU are saved? IE. how do you know you are saved.

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit witnesses that to me, as does the scriptures, and one can know that Jesus did die for them when they receive Him and get saved!