1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roman Catholicism and the total abuse & murder of children (incl. abortion).

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alofa Atu, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's all in how Roman Catholicism defines 'intrinsically evil act', as we have been over before.

“...C. XLVII. Non sunt homicidae qui adversus excommunicatos zelo matris ecclesiae armantur ..."

...They are not to be accounted murderers who, zealous for the mother church, have killed excommunicated persons. ...” [“The Decretum of Gratian Part 2 Case 23 Question 5 chapter 47-48”; Decreti Secunda Pars Causa XXIII. Quest. V. c. 47-49; [47,48 specifically; section 49 given in 'defense' of these actions/reasons]] –

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb/digital/collections/cul/texts/ldpd_6029936_001/pages/ldpd_6029936_001_00000531.html?toggle=image&menu=maximize&top=&left= AND http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb/digital/collections/cul/texts/ldpd_6029936_001/pages/ldpd_6029936_001_00000532.html?toggle=image&menu=maximize&top=&left=

See?

2. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What about 'covering up', 'hiding', 'paying off', or 'defending' 'intrinsically evil acts'? - For instance:

"... These Are The Chilling Stories Of Abuse Covered Up By The Catholic Church ...

The Priest Who Allegedly Arranged An Abortion For His Victim...

The Alleged Ring Of Predatory Priests Who Groomed Their Victims With Gold Crosses...

The Priest Who Allegedly Rinsed His Victim’s Mouth With Holy Water...

The Priest Who Confessed Abuse But Continued To Serve...

The Priest Whose Superiors Had His Back...

The Priest Who Allegedly Asked His Victim To Confess The Abuse ...

The Priest Accused Of Raping A Child In The Hospital...

The Priest Who Continued In Ministry After Impregnating A Teenager...

The Priest Who Allegedly Groomed Children For Oral Sex...

The Priest Who Abused Five Sisters In The Same Family..." - These Are The Chilling Stories Of Abuse Covered Up By The Catholic Church | HuffPost

3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"However, there are unusual circumstances in which the Church may find abortion to be permissible today."

Misrepresentation. It is never permissible in any circumstance. Even if allowing the child to live would mean the death of millions.

Also it is never medically necessary to get an abortion. Your trying to sell the idea possibilities. It is possible for a child to die by eating the wrong thing too.

Sorry, but you can't clean yourself by flinging mud on other people

We Catholics are the most outspoken against Abortion. <---Challenge me here.

You never see a SDA picket against it. Look even in your objections your looking for a way to defend abortion.

As is Section 6 of SDA is citing that a abortion is a client-doctor privilege. SDA is still PRO-CHOICE.

Even folks inside the SDA say the SDA must turn from their worship of MOLECH

upload_2019-11-24_21-52-2.jpeg

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

Covering up, hiding, paying off, defending evil acts......... ARE ALL SINS and condemned by The Catholic Church.

I'm sure there is a priest who is a nazi, a priest who worships satan, a priest that is a mass murderer........

Even Murdering POPES.

All of which is against Catholic teaching.

Everyone the the SDA can be a SAINT, SINLESS EVEN. The teachings is wrong because they SUPPORT the killing of innocent children. The SDA is PRO CHOICE.

SDA can easily make the claim......WE ARE PRO-LIFE. I wonder if YOU can even say I AM PRO-LIFE.

Let's hear if you are PRO LIFE..... say it.

5. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did, and that's what this whole thread is about. All you have been able to do, is post pro-catholicism Andrews misinformation youtube soapbox campaign (the NAD, ha!), but hey, if that's what you got, then, well, that's what you got.

#125 Alofa Atu, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  6. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then why are they still doing those things, at the highest levels? The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has even been implicated in the articles I cited.

7. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We have been over this. "Pro-life" and "Pro-Abortion", "Pro-Choice", etc are Hegelian dialectic propaganda terms used by Romanism. I am "pro-Bible (KJB)".

8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "... Hospital owned by Catholic nuns will commit abortions ..,

... It spells out that while the Sisters of Charity are sole owners of the NMH through SVHT, the maternity hospital will have full autonomy. ...

Of these, 23 were the unintended result of medical interventions to save the mother’s life, which has always been lawful in Ireland, and is not abortion, Uí Bhriain said.

Such cases would include cancerous uterus, ectopic pregnancy, or pre-eclampsia that requires the baby be delivered early.

But the “other three, very sadly, were actual abortions where the baby was killed because the woman said that she was suicidal,” she added. ...

... Therefore, it follows that “if we liberalize our abortion law it will perform abortions on any grounds legally permitted, including the abortion of Down syndrome babies, one presumes.”

In that case, a maternity hospital the Sisters of Charity “own in a technical sense will be performing abortions for non-life-saving reasons on land owned by a Catholic congregation,” wrote Quinn ...

... It notes that the Sisters are one of the religious orders that ran the infamous Magdalene Laundries. ..." - [1]

9. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "... G Rajiv
    17 Oct 2008
    THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A nun’s life is under threat following her revelations about the alleged abortions performed on nuns and the “limitless”’ affairs the priests were having with nuns of the Congregation of Daughters of Mary Convent, Anchal.

Following a complaint from the nephew of this nun, the State Women’s Commission member P.K.Sainaba met the nun at a mental hospital in Thodupuzha.

Her nephew has alleged that she has been forcibly admitted to the mental hospital by the Convent authorities.

The complaint makes an even more serious charge that one of the nuns of the congregation, Sister Serenna Jacob, had committed suicide unable to bear the trauma.

Now the State Women’s Commission has sought the urgent intervention of the Health and Home Ministers in the issue. In a report submitted to the Ministers, the Commission said: “If things continue like this we fear that the life of the nun is in danger.” In her statement given to the Women’s Commission member, the nun said: “My hands and legs were tied up and I was forcibly given anaesthesia and then I was taken to the mental hospital. I am given 18 tablets a day now for making me mentally weak.” She narrated all that had happened in the convent and told the Women’s Commission member that she was ready to repeat all that she had said in the court.

The nun pleaded that she be rescued from the clutches of the convent authorities.

The 60-year-old nun has been with this congregation for the past 43 years and she had complained to her relative over phone on August 17 that she was being mentally and physically tortured by the convent authorities.

However, according to the nun’s nephew, the very next day the nun’s relatives and her brother received a call from the convent authorities seeking permission to admit her to a psychiatric hospital. Sister Lilly Thomas Paikada, Mother-Provincial, had termed the nun as extremely abnormal.

Her sharp criticism about the abortions carried out on some sisters and her questioning about the limitless affairs with sisters and priests made the authorities violent and was the reason behind their decision to give psychiatric treatment with the intention to make it seem that her statements were meaningless and baseless,” the complaint to the Women’s Commission says. ..." - [1]

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

The BIBLE is PRO LIFE. It does not support you with abortions. Killing children is wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. utilyan

Site Supporter

There is nothing said in canon law that allows the killing of anyone. Excommunicated or not.

You are just pulling misrepresentations from your anti-catholic bag of lies.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. utilyan

Site Supporter

You can sling all the mud you want, None of those falsehoods stick because Church teaching does not support murder nor abortion.

Doesn't stop the fact that you and your church teachings OPENLY support abortions.:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are of course free to say what you want, though you haven't demonstrated what you have said in this thread, upon any point. The official position of the Seventh-day Adventist movement, was cited from the beginning (and thus we have come full circle).

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Obviously the priests were engaged in sinful and illegal activities here and do not represent the majority of Catholic priests and nuns who strive to live holy lives for God.

15. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not question that there are 'good' (God is good) persons within the Catholic religion, and have cited statements to that effect throughout this thread. I am not saying that the sins of one are transferred to the other. What I am saying, and showing, is that the system itself, the (Roman Catholic)"ism" breeds the situations, persons, characters, evil and sin and allows it to foster, grow, and corrupt others. The scripture states that the position of the head of that system, is the "man of sin", and increases all manner of sin by its 'peace' (Gospel).

Dan_8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.​

16. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If I might ask you (a more rational/reasonable person than the others (walter, utilyan, etc) a question (not a trap, I desire to know what you personally think on this and leave it as it is):

"... The principle of double effect applies: (1) Your intention is to perform a good—to save the mother’s life by removing her cancerous uterus. The evil effect of causing the death of the baby is not desired. It is a very sad and unfortunate result of the good act. (2) The evil effect does not cause the good result. You are removing a diseased organ that is killing the mother, not performing an abortion. ..." - Abortion and Double Effect
    Does that last sentence make any logical sense to you? (to me it seems that they are attempting to narrowly define 'abortion', to get around the fact that the pregnancy was indeed 'aborted' (stopped, halted, interrupted permanently, etc., as if a specifically defined side-effect cannot be classified as 'abortion'.)

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

Even through Jesus the Church even "BREEDS" a Judas Iscariot and The Jewish hierarchy was corrupt. That does not make the faith or religion evil.

Donatism The idea that everyone in the religion must be sinless fails.

You need to point out what is wrong with the teachings. You never see Jesus whine about someone in the wrong religion, He even uses GOOD SAMARITAN as exemplar of doing God's will. You would say GOOD SAMARITAN is damned for not following in line with your beliefs.

Why don't you see Jesus demand change religions? Because He demands repentance between you directly to God. This idea of brand name faiths or branded or mark this way or that has no bearing.

You would not agree with Sadducee who believe there is no afterlife, as far as my understanding soul sleep. But you don't see Jesus say "well they are a false religion!". Instead he criticizes their misunderstanding of scripture.

I don't question that good persons within the SDA, and I view the system itself as intentionally GOOD. I don't need you to be Catholic. I need you to be the spitting image of a SDA Saint, and go clean up the teachings that teach wrongly. Soon you will have new teachings, they already admit the wrongs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 8:45 PM Pacific.

19. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have it wrong. The religion of Jesus didn't breed Judas, nor the Pharisees, or corrupt 'Jewish hierarchy'. It was their wicked hearts that bred them, their own 'religion' (man-made traditions, their own ideas) which was not in harmony with Jesus' religion, and so likewise the religion of Roman Catholicism, since it is not the religion of Jesus, but a religion of the carnal heart, pagan traditions, etc (and yet there were 'good' people such as Nicodemus, Joseph of Arimathaea, among such people).

#139 Alofa Atu, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  20. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "... Jon O'Brien is the head of Catholics for Choice, a pro-choice Catholic nonprofit. ...

Traveling around the world as I have—Poland, Portugal, Philippines or even to Philadelphia—I can see that the Catholic hierarchy has often over-invested in its concerns with the pelvic zone, and particularly abortion. Despite a massive investment by bishops’ conferences the world over, Catholic women still chose abortion. Here in the U.S., they have abortions at the same rate as those of other faiths and no faith. ...

The church hierarchy has since rejected the notion that a fetus is a fully formed person. In its most recent statement, the 1974 Declaration on Procured Abortion, the Vatican acknowledged that it does not know when the fetus becomes a person: “There is not a unanimous tradition on this point and authors are as yet in disagreement.” Neither St. Augustine nor St. Thomas Aquinas, two of the most important Catholic theologians, considered the fetus in the early stages of pregnancy to be a person.

Infallibility doesn’t mean that whatever the pope says cannot be questioned. Since the doctrine of papal infallibility was declared in 1870, only three teachings have been declared infallible: the Immaculate Conception of Mary; the Assumption of Mary; and the declaration on infallibility itself—not the teaching on abortion.

The church’s teaching authority is not solely based on the hierarchy; it includes the work of theologians and the lived experience of Catholic people. Leading theologians diverge from the Vatican’s teaching on abortion. As long ago as 1973, noted Catholic theologian Charles Curran wrote that “there is a sizable and growing number of Catholic theologians who do disagree with some aspects of the officially proposed Catholic teaching that direct abortion from the time of conception is always wrong.” ..." - [1]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.