1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Romans 9 and Calvinism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Guido, Sep 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you can suggest it. You can suggest anything. However, now you need to support your suggestion with scripture that is kept in context of the passage where it is found.

We are to share the good news of reconciliation universally. Those whom God has chosen to make alive with Christ will respond.

Since this thread is related to Romans 9, how is your assertion supported within that chapter?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Sharmamanik061. Welcome to the B.B.

If salvation is offered to those who trust in the risen Christ, then Christ justifies the godly, not the ungodly..
    Salvation is offered through Christ to all people without exception. However, men will always reject Christ unless God will open their hearts to receive Him (proof texts available on request. I get fed up with repeating them). I'm not sure why you find that complex.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Welcome to BB..
    if a person trusts in the risen Christ, wouldn'that indicate they were already saved?
    What do you mean by a self appointed club?
    What makes the club exclusive?
    what is simple?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alrighty then, you’ve laid this post out without nary a scripture reference. It’s incumbent upon you to support this claim with scripture. Let us examine them together, okay?

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis, please refrain from hillbilly jargon and use some proper English for 'the new guy'. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I suggest it'd be great if you introduced yourself on the New Members Forum?

Welcome to the BB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. sharmamanik061

sharmamanik061 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m sure you think the comment in the other thread is important. If you want to comment, please feel free to do so. I’ll not chase down comments in other threads and try to figure out the connection you see. Thanks anyway.
    mobdro download

9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have anything you want to say about Romans 9?

10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone can believe that has heard the gospel. After all that is what hearing the gospel is all about. I forget you Calvinist don't have to hear it because you're elected. Even though you can't prove it.
    MB

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our salvation is all the proof needed to confirm our election!

12. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can as in allowed? Or can as in able? There is a difference. And I have never said you don't have to hear. Who said that? False representation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Big difference between hearing and understanding, as I can hear Russian spoken, but know nothing what was said!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning

This thread will be closed no sooner than 930 pm EDT / 630 PM PDT

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all had to hear the Word (Jesus) of God speak to us. Just hearing the Bible being read is not enough. The godless will think it is foolishness. But the one to whom Jesus speaks and hears his voice, there is nothing to do but follow him to the cross.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just about every Calvinist here when they claim inability that includes you.Most claim Salvation comes first before the faith We get faith from hearing the gospel.
    MB

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    We must hear the Word (Jesus) of God, be quickened by the Holy Spirit. You are correct, if you mean what I just clarified. But, if you mean just hearing someone read the Bible, then that is untrue. The Jews heard the Bible, but they did not believe, they had no faith. One must hear the voice of God speak into their hearts, in which case God gives us faith to believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will only speak for myself. The gospel is the God-given means of bringing the elect to salvation. It is necessary. God is well pleased to bring salvation to those who believe the foolishness of the message preached; that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Holy Spirit draws us, transforms us to be able to believe in spite of our sin nature, convicts us of the truth of who Jesus is and what He has done, and gives us faith to respond to the gospel by accepting Christ as Savior and then permanently indwells us for all our days.

Additionally, the gospel also condemns those who reject it. For one person, drawn by Holy Spirit, an aroma of life. For another, an aroma of death.

And who is adequate for such things? Salvation is a work of God from start to finish.

Few understand it. Fewer still accept it.

Peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope you are putting words in my mouth. I have never said that. Nor do I believe that.

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [

So the underlined is why you don't offer scriptural support for your Calvinism. Where would we be if Christ got fed up?. Men do not always reject Salvation. Some like Cornelius accept Christ the moment they hear the scriptures preached. Not just Cornelius his whole house hold accepted Christ as soon as they heard the gospel Calvinist have claimed that God's grace is irresistible. That man cannot resist God. Some even claim they were dragged off into Salvation against there wills.lol

Those who trust in the risen Christ are already saved. They are already Justified the moment they believe.
    Calvinist complicate the Salvation process by adding unconditional election to it along with irresistible grace and Total depravity Then they drop limited atonement in the listeners lap. None of this false doctrine is true.
    MB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.