1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney is a Flat out Liar, a Fake, and a liberal.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Havensdad, Jan 29, 2012.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's still a strawman. Paul used it as one and his little 'bots do the same.

Paul is being dishonest about where the money comes form for building embassies. I expect all the paulbots to buy whatever he says, even when they both know better.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Other then combat zones in the past dozen years, what other countries have we built bases in?

Are you aware of how many US military bases have been closed just in Germany over the past 20 years?
    In 1980 EUCOM had about 350,000 military troops + dependents and DAC's. In 1999 troop level was down to less than 120,000. According to old math that is more than a 65% reduction in troops - as well as family members and DAC's.

and what do you mean that foreign nations are getting by scott free. Are you saying that they are not helping to pay cost associated with US troops over there?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea how many "military contractors" aka corporate mercenaries have replaced the troops being reassigned to other areas?

Private contractors employed by the Defense Department in Afghanistan will continue to outnumber the size of the American troop presence, even after President Obama sends 30,000 more soldiers to fight in the war, according to the military’s most recent contractor count.

The latest figure on DOD contractors in the country is a whopping 104,100, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command tells TPM. That number, which is expected to grow, is already greater than the 98,000 U.S. troops that will be in the country after the new deployments.

SOURCE . . .

This is just one accounting in one country! So what's my point? You have to take this into account when making up your figures otherwise your "old math" is worthless.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you answer my TWO questions, and comment on my statement, I will be glad to answer yours.

#145 Salty, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I answered my own question, thanks.

#146 poncho, Feb 4, 2012
  7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The almost 1 billion dollars to build the embassy in question, came from the International affairs portion of the Defense budget.

Try again.

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

What? Tell me, have you even listened to or READ any of Paul's proposals?

I bet not. I bet you just believe what Fox News and Talk radio TELL you to believe.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, he took the Pentagon's "message force multipliers" word as the gospel, even after it was made known to him that they were propagandists in the employ of the Pentagon. Their mission was to lie and destort the truth about the costly and illegal Iraqi intervention. Some people think it's our patriotic duty to put every nation on earth under the international banker and corporito's thumbs or kill everyone in them trying.

#149 poncho, Feb 4, 2012
  10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That was my point, he may claim to be a non interventionist, he may even share some common ideals, but what he says regarding our allies and foreign policy do not match. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. The scary thing in the whole matter is to think if we just "go away" and leave those maniacs alone they will just do away with sharia law and their prosyletizing of Islam and its global dominance. I believe in the old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, it is kind of hard to argue with yourself.

but then again.......:smilewinkgrin:

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

Paul said he would drastically cut military spending. Are you calling him a liar?

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Lesser of 2 Evils here though!