1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ron Rhodes & Intelligent Design and Old Earth Creationism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 8, 2014.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I read books on my Ipad and Nook. I actually purchase books that I find engaging and interesting to the point that I wish to share with someone else (who may not have a digital reader).

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not going that route again especially what happened to the Palm Os device of which I had lots of information, a bible app, and my Windows CE device I had a ton of books back in the day, yet today they won't even connect with a modern OS. May I stick with the medium that lasts a long time and that is paper books. You never know the future and how 2024 will be. These devices may be all dead that year and the iPad may not even exist. Well actually I would prefer Nook and Kindle to go away instead.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Unbelievable. Yeah - Kindle will go away next year - and all of the apps and all of the books you get. In the meantime, you could be reading books by Alcorn, Carson, Sproul, Chan, Edwards, Pink, MacArthur (I have three of his for free), Murray and a host of others....for free. Trust me. These apps are not going away anytime soon. We are in a different age now. Don't compare today's technology to dinosaurs!

4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love my Kindle and cannot for the life of me understand why someone who reads a lot would not want one. Yes I get the whole books thing, as I'm the same way with my hard copy books but the convenience of being able to bring my whole library with me in my purse is just unbeatable. I also love the fact that my husband and I can buy one copy of a book for us to read together and we then read it on different devices. He usually reads on the Kindle Fire and I read on the Kindle Touch. Not to mention that it pays for itself many many times over with the free books one can get.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"Like" :thumbs:

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Amen

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think Moses was confusing.

8. beameup

beameup Member

I've got a Windows 8.1 tablet and it seems that .pdf files have been around for awhile.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread seems filled with lots of nice personal advice, but not too much in the way of discussion of Intelligent Design and Old Earth Creationism.