1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ronald Reagan was an abortionist too

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it interesting how some make Reagan out to be a saint while ignoring that Reagan made major cuts in Medicaid, food stamps, aid to families with dependent children, and school lunch programs. It was purely politics that he sppke against abortion, but refused to help the middle class and the poor people of America. Christ spoke often on how we are to treat others and the final judgement in Matthew shows us that Christ was and is interested in the welfare of the living.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac,

This isn't what you said the first time. The first time you said, "It is not a sin to be pro-choice". That means that you have no problems with aborting babies. Keep the baby or kill the baby, it doesn't matter to you. The only thing that matters here is that the woman and her family decide what's more comfortable for their lifestyle.

NOW you are talking about free will. This isn't the same as pro-choice.

If being pro-choice in terms of abortion isn't a sin, just make sure your choose the RIGHT choice, then why have laws at all?

Make EVERYTHING legal and cross your fingers that everyone will make the right choice.

Yes, we have a free will. And God designed it that way.

But free will and being pro-choice aren't the same.

I have a free will to decide if abortion is moral or not and a free will to decide whether to have one or not. I choose that it's immoral and murder and makes God very angry.

Being pro-choice means you've already chosen abortion as tolerable. And you proactively encourage others to tolerate it as well politically, socially, and otherwise. God gave us a free will to choose right or wrong. God has already ordained that murder is wrong. For mankind to say - "Well, we will call it RIGHT by our man-made law and let the individual decide if it enhances their lifestyle or not" - is a sin.

For mankind to legislate the WRONG - the evil and sin as good and right - and for Christians to say, "Well, God gave us that right..." is beyond my understanding. In making abortion legal and calling one's self "pro-choice", one HAS CHOSEN. And he/she has chosen the evil.

#62 Scarlett O., Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's not a sin to be pro-choice any more than it's a sin to believe people have the God given right to decide whether or not they want to get a divorce.

It doesn't mean that at all. The word of God says "Thou shall not murder". Abortion is murder. God is 100% against it and because He is 100% against, so am I. But there is nowhere in Scripture that He says it is wrong for someone to believe that they have the right to decide whether or not they will abort a baby.

Where have I said this? I think yall just don't listen when it comes to abortion an these pet issues. I am 100% against abortion. You could be the last candidate on earth running and if you were okay with telling someone it's okay for you to get an abortion, you would never get my vote. But the same applies with telling folks that Christians and Muslims serve the same god, or with being a Mormon and 100% against Jesus.

Not at all. But God has not said that having the choice to decide what is comfortable is sinful. The murder is sinful.

Pro-choice is a woman has the right to decide whether or not to let a baby live or to murder it or the belief that she has the right to make that choice. That's no more free will than any other act of obedience or disobedience that we encounter

Because we want them. That's how God's people got the Ten Commandments. That's how God's people got Kings.

That's what it is anyhow. Again SCRIPTURE says ALL things are allowable. Man has chosen to make things illegal/legal in accordance with his beliefs in God and His word and a lot of times in accordance with man's own mores.

How are they different?

You have a free will to decide what you THINK is moral or immoral. But true morality is based in the absolute truth of God's word.

Some people choose to believe that it's not immoral. But believing the immoral to be moral is not sinful. Committing an immoral act is sinful.

I disagree. Again God allows divorce. He gives us the choice to choose to get divorced or to stay married. Does that mean that God has chosen divorce as tolerable?

I again disagree. I've called people to obey Scripture and to honor and respect the one God has placed in authority over us.

But on this board and in the church there seems to be this notion that it's okay to dishonor and disrespect and straight out exhibit tendencies of hate towards someone simply because you don't like their politics.

Why would I preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ week in and week out calling folks to repentance and then turn arund and say tolerate sin? It simply isn't happening.

But being pro-choice isn't a sin anymore than being pro-divorce is a sin.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This comment makes about as much sense as Dagwood telling Blondie that she loves food too much!!!!:tongue3::thumbsup::applause:

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's not forget the logic that separates being pro choice from supporting abortion as if they are not the same thing. See that way Obama cannot be blamed for being an abortionist.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry.

Everyone will be shown for what they are:

Matthew 12
    36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
    37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.​

HankD​

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a sin to be pro-choice. It is like being a fascist. It is also a sin to be an abortionist.

Theological error is a sin. You cannot tell God that your human mind said that it was okay for anyone to murder a child.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yall can say whatever you want. But can't nary a one of you change being pro-choice into a sin if God hasn't said it is.:smilewinkgrin:

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "There is nothing sinful about wanting to have the option to choose."

"It's not a sin to be pro-choice."

"agreeing with giving people a choice isn't sinful."

I see that Zaac is in the stirring up trouble mode again.

If one is pro-choice that person is entertaining thoughts that it is OK if an abortion were to occur, even if they themselves would never opt for that choice. If it's not a sin to harbor thoughts of someone having an abortion, i.e. being pro-choice, then why would our Lord say:

Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies,... [abortions]

Allow me to rephrase:

It's not a sin to say that people should be able to decide if they want to commit adultery. Now committing adultery is another story.

Is it? Isn't thinking about adultery the same as actually committing adultery?

Matt 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Seems to me that if someone entertains the idea of adultery, according to Jesus, you ARE committing adultery. Likewise, it seems to me if you entertain the idea of committing abortion, you might as well be committing it.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When isn't he?

IN the business of stirring the pot to see what comes to the top and what sticks to the bottom!

Personally, his interruptions are getting a little old!

He is the most judgemental person I've ever met! And I can only imagine the weight upon his shoulders as he carries such perfection into each day!

Tell me Zaac, how do you know that you are ALWAYS right, and the rest of us are always wrong! Do you have a direct line to God that the rest of us have not yet found?

Please help me to understand how to make that connection, because my imperfection is a drag, spiritually speaking! And your perfection on every issue makes me fall to the sin of envy! Yes, I envy the gift of perfection that your throw around on this board like a god that has come to set the rest of us straight! :wavey:

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any Prez that Isn't Pro-Choice....

....is politically dead! Ever since this issue became relevant in our society, it has become a political hot potato, that none have been able to really say what they think, because it would surely sink their aspirations of political greatness; as well as winning at the polls!

One must remember that when God ordered Joshua to take Canaan, it was with a "Search and Destroy" directive! If you were in the military, or know anyone in the military, you surely know that a "Search and Destroy" mission was the directive to kill everything and everybody. NOthing that lived was supposed to be left at the end of this mission!

This Godly, Search and Destory order was because of the evil that the Canaanite's possessed. They were ungodly and brutal, and God knew that the sin of the Canaanites was contagious, and that no one should be left alive to spread their sin among the people of God. One of their evils included giving children as sacrifices to their gods! Many children were sacrificed by the Canaanite's, and God ordered them to die for all the death and destruction they brought to their land and the people!

I see abortion as evil and distasteful as the sacrificing of children at the alter of the gods was! It was a sin then, and is a sin now. And it will be a sin until He returns for the church! The blood of the dead children will forever be on the hands of those who sacrificed them to their gods, or for the need to not bring another life into this world! Either way it is murder.

12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exodus 20:16 (KJV) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

13 “You shall not murder. Exodus 20:13 New American Standard.

Zaac, you cannot stand before God and tell Him that it is okay to murder the unborn child or that it is okay to advocate the murder of the unborn child.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes...there will be a reckoning ....and the Christian knows that.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stunning this shameful behavior.:tear:

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be pro-choice is to be comfortable with abortion as a choice. We should never be comfortable with murder.

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think you are harsh enough.

Pro-choice Americans aren't just comfortable with abortion, they defend it and of the two choices, the abortion is one they promote.

Even those pro-choice who have not had abortions nor performed abortions advocate and defend taking away a parent's right to know and give permission and a host other peripheral issues that exalt the abortion as benign and no one's business.

Pro-choice is a moral deficiency of the heart and mind that declares life and death is snatched from God's hand and that His commandment of not murdering is a lie.

Pro-choice supporters kicked God to the curb and exalt themselves as all-wise and embrace the evil as good.

#76 Scarlett O., Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  17. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we should not be comfortable with people and children going to bed hungry and unable to be treated for pain, suffering and illnesses.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why would I stand before God and tell Him it's okay to murder? Being pro-choice doesn't say it's okay to murder. Being pro-choice means the person believes that a woman has the right to choose to murder or not.

So try as yall might to make being pro-choice a sin, you're BIBLICALLY absent a leg to stand on.

But this is why church folks stuck on issues can't seem to reach anyone. Yall don't listen. Somebody says abortion and yall immediately go on the defensive. Now because yall don't listen, you're telling folks that the choice is a sin and THAT is a sin.

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really believe that God approves of a nation giving a legal status to murder? And ergo, causing people to honestly believe that murder is just someone's choice?

I'd like to see your Biblical legs that you are standing on to promote the right to choose murder and the washing away of culpability of those who promote that right.

You are the one who made the claim that being pro-choice isn't sinful.

You are the one with the burden of proof to present.

And when you do, please don't put a smiley face on it. None of this is funny.

Again, the burden of proof is on you, the one making the claim that we are in a state of sin by telling you that being pro-choice is sinful.

We're listening for the scripture passages.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being pro choice does mean it is ok to slaughter unborn children. It most definitely mean that one accepts it as a moral option. To say anything else is beyond absurd and completely without any support or logic.

See folks this is what liberalism does to the brain. It warps it in the most heinous way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.