1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rudy for President!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I believe the information you cited is commonly understood to be true, for those that are familiar with his background.

What remains to be seen is whether or not an adulterous, cross-dressing, pro-sodomite, pro-abortionist is appealing to the American people.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes McCain unacceptable is his unreliability to the GOP. He often votes with Democrats as in campaign finance reform, for example. Also, he said in 2000 that Falwell was an agent of intolerance--words straight out of a Democrat's playbook.

As for Romney, it would be tragic to see the highest elected office in the USA in the hands of a cult such as Mormonism. The Mormons have already exerted control over the US Senate with Mormon Harry Reid as the majority leader.

It is false to accuse Rudy of being pro-abortion; he really just thinks that there is too much government, but, of course, he is wrong on that in regards to the saving of the lives of children. There is nothing to fear from him on this issue in that he is not campaigning in any sense to overturn the pro-life plank of the GOP platform and will be loyal to the GOP platform as loyalty to the GOP is what the rank and file Republicans like about Rudy.

It is clear that the far right wants to dictate a GOP loss by nomination some unknown person with little or no loyalty to the GOP. The principal reason is that the far right wants to deal the military a fatal blow so that they can grab power. Social issues are the cover for the real motives of the far right, which will not support any major GOP candidate nor show any party loyalty to the GOP unless they themselves dictate an isolationist foreign policy. Here the GOP is being saved by the common man just as Wendel Wilkie saved the party in 1940.

It is Rudy's love of the USA that will overcome the attacks upon his married life with the GOP faithful. This love of the USA and the love of the common man has given Rudy the proper title of America's Mayor. He is the heir apparent to George W. Bush, who seems to be working behind the scenes for Rudy.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rudy's Exploratory Committee e-mailed me the following information from their polling within the GOP:

63% of Republicans say that Mayor Giuliani "Is the strongest leader"

65% say he "Is the most inspiring"

51% say he "Best understands the problems of people like you"

And interestingly, 55% of Republicans say that Rudy Giuliani "Has the best chance of getting elected in November of 2008."

He also now polls at 44% of the GOP!

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Pro-Choice is pro-abortion. Not supporting a ban on partial-birth abortion is being in favor of having a child three to four inches from delivery and rather than deliverying it, having it executed. This too is pro-abortion.

The pro-life plank of the GOP is irrelevant when members of the GOP do not support banning abortion. That would be pro-life on paper and pro-death in action.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congressman Ron Paul will mop the floor with Rudy Guiliani in the GOP debates - if Guiliani has the courage to show up.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, I think that is a shame that any Christian would offer support to someone with a lack of moral scruples when it comes to marriage as Guiliani has exhibited.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is interesting that among Guiliani, McCain, and Romney that it's the Mormon who is the only one of the three who has had only one wife.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The battle will not be joined until the first debate in April. Once Guiliani is exposed for the big government advocate that he is his support in the polls will slip greatly.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Don't count on it Ken. Rudy is a good ole establishment boy with all the right connections and people don't care about conservative values anymore.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will he have more wives in the next world?

Mormonism is a maze theologically. Romney probably believes that he will ge a god in the next life and be in charge of a planet. Mormonism is on the march for power. They have Hatch, Reid, and now Romney, who is worth $500,000,000.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rudy is a limited government advocate.

Rudy is saying that his hero is Reagan and that he believes in tax cuts and limited government.

The GOP nominates the front-runner. As long as Rudy polls in front, that will be transferred to votes in the primary and the nomination. It is the Democrats who like bruising primary battles.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you believe him, cmg? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, cmg, would you recommend your hero's - Guiliani - morals to the rest of the nation?

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken, Mormons believe that they become gods.

My statement that Mormons believe that they will be gods in charge of their own planets individually deals with theology not morals. Stick to the subject. The subject was that Romney has a wierd theology and is a member of a flull-blown cult, Mormonism. He is also worth $500.000.000 so he is too fat a cat to appeal to the Republican rank and file.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that you are doing your usually cutting and running in debate, cmg. That's what you always do when you are challenged on this board. You rarely, if ever, give a straight answer to a question. :)

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was talking about Mormonism when you tried to change the subject.

No, you are the one who changed the subject from the theology of Mormonism to the morals of Rudy. By the way, are you saying that it is wrong to be divorced twice or what are you saying exactly? I know a lot of old-timers were against Reagan in 1980 because he was divorced. Is that what you are talking about? I also suppose that you now concede that I am correct about Mormon theology.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't give a hoot about Mormon theology. I don't believe in it.

If Rudy's two former wives couldn't trust him, why should I?

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rudy is polling at 44 percent of the GOP and the GOP nomination is his to lose in my opinion. I think that it is going to be Rudy vs. Hillary and that the Democrats will be defeated.

As for the GOP primary, the GOP is frugal and does not like expensive primary fights. That is why the front-runner is always nominated unless he stumbles. That is why I say that the GOP nomination is Rudy to lose.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still didn't answer my question, cmg. Maybe you missed it. Here it is again:

If Guiliani's two former wives couldn't trust him, why should I?

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The answer is, you shouldnt. If it is Hillary vs Gulianni, there is a very good chance for a strong third party. To repeat, the most pathetic creature on earth is a liberal republican.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.