Sabbath Keepers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Apr 6, 2018.

1. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why not?

I ask you, if I eat pork will I be condemned to hell and your answer is to quote Is 66:..

"For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one treein the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD"

So what are you telling me if not that i will be slain of the Lord and consumed for eating pork???

2. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because we all interpret scripture differently.

I literally can state:

24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

And it MEANS the exact opposite

24You see that a man is justified by FAITH ALONE and not by WORKS.

I literally can state:

16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

And it MEANS

16“For God so loved some elect, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever God chooses in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Hey my quoting Is.66 MEANS you get to go to Disney World and eat ice cream with Jesus.

Reading between the lines leads to alot of problems. Lets look at your last post:

So what are you telling me is that Bible is not the Holy Word of God and you no longer are Christian???

Sorry this is a christian only board.

See how I too can jump to very wrong conclusion?

3. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I ask you, if I eat pork will I be condemned to hell and your answer is to quote Is 66:..

"For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one treein the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD"

So what are you telling me if not that i will be slain of the Lord and consumed for eating pork???

You did not answer me.....

You are doing the same run around, creating rabbit trials, can't answer a plainly pointed question, as all the others who cannot defend their positions. It is a very pointed question, why can't you answer it? The question is about eating pork, not going to Disneyland. Your answer is Is 66:16-17. YOU then claim Is 66 is NOT condemning anyone to hell. You have some explaining to do, YOU used the scripture, now YOU need to explain what this scripture quote means TO YOU.

Now answer my question.....
    So what are you telling me If NOT that I will be slain of the Lord and consumed for eating pork???

Explain what you mean by answering with Is 66:16-17.....YOU say it's not condemning anyone to hell, then explain what it is saying.

4. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"So what are you telling me if not that i will be slain of the Lord and consumed for eating pork???"

No.

"Explain what you mean by answering with Is 66:16-17"

Sure, IS 66 is saying we will all go to Disney world and eat ice cream with Jesus.

If you have a different interpretation lets hear it.

5. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Typical SDA answer. Checkmate!

6. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 12:30 AM Pacific.

7. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I love bacon, sausage and i also like pepperoni pizza. Its not a sin for me to eat this stuff.

The checkmate is your interpretation.

Cause then the tables can be turned around.

lets hear it.

8. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm pretty certain that if SDA folks believe you could go to hell for eating pork they would gladly say so even if it meant being punished in anyway because a lot of their theology is based on being the victim and last remnant. So embracing the "martyrdom" would be a cherry on top.

But simply put this is not the case.

It is not a SIN to eat pork in the SDA faith. It is a popular discipline just like some people do fasting.

They might tell you avoiding pork and crawfish is healthier.

9. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, the checkmate is when one person cannot make a move without defeat. In this case, you cannot answer my question, so your position/arguiment has been defeated. This is plainly evident with your responses to avoid answering the question.

10. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You apparently have not discussed this with any SDA members. Ask one if eating pork is a sin and will condemn a Christian to hell and you will get Isaiah 66:16-17, which is a shouting "YES" according to their misapplication of this scripture.

11. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have not heard your interpretation have we? :D
    This is why you remain wrong.

12. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's not my answer, it is yours. The onus is on YOU to interpret your own answer.

13. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I did. -->Disney world.

You don't like my answer?

14. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If that is what you want to go with, it's your reputation on display for the board. I offered you an intelligent debate. I'm fine with the outcome if that is your stand.

15. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.