1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sabbath

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

HW, please tell us, to which one of the 542 Sabbath keeping churches (listed here) do you belong?

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2 Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Jesus is His name in English... Whether you believe it or not. The name Jesus does not take away from the Hebrew name at all. They both point to the only begotten Son of God, and they both mean 'the Lord is Salvation.'

You judge God's people wrongly, and by what measure you judge them, you yourself will be Judged.

3. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

So then why didn't God translate EVERY language spoken in Acts chapter 2 on the day of Pentacost in to Hebrew? I'm pretty sure that out of the DOZENS of languages heard in Acts 2, that "Yeshua" was not mention ONE TIME, but yet what was heard was everyone of them GIVING GLORY TO GOD. Did the apostles rebuke them for it? "Hey you tongues speakers, that's not really God you are glorifying because that's not His name in all those different languages you are speaking".

How many other JESUS' died on a cross? How many other Jesus' raised from the dead? When an English person says Jesus, he is ascribing the same exact character as that described in the Hebrew or Greek term. And as I have pointed out over and over again to you, even when you write the name of God out IN ENGLISH, you are ADDING VOWELS FROM ENGLISH THAT THE HEBREW DOES NOT HAVE.

So if you emphasize the CORRECT pronunciation and spelling of the name, then you in effect are ADDING TO HIS NAME by ADDING VOWELS where the Hebrew has NONE.

Furthermore, "Yeshua" is an ENGLISH transliteration. What about the Chinese? How would they say it? How would they spell it? Russians, Africans, Korean, Indians?

And yes, when it comes to Hebrew, I can safely say that you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

#43 DrJamesAch, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Sabbath and church in the same sentence is a misnomer. Notice he skipped right over the part of Exodus 16:29 where they were supposed to STAY IN THEIR PLACES on the Sabbath. And he skipped right over Acts 16:13 where Paul is walking around the river ON THE SABBATH.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

did he die on a cross ???? or on a TREE ???

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

jesus sounds NOTHING like Joshua
    Yeshua has about the same sound as Joshua

sounds of the pronounced names meant a lot to the Hebrews.
    actually jesus pronounced sounds a lot like je-zeus

and in the very original 1611 KJV this was the spelling and pronouncement of Eli-zeus--letter for letter--if you can get a copy read it for yourselves--some 30-45 years after they changed the z to a s but just like the jesus name the pronouncing sound of it still sounds like Z instead of the s

#46 HisWitness, Jun 29, 2013
  7. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

"Tree" was used figuratively in Galations 3:13 because the cross is made of wood. Paul and Jesus made it obvious it was a cross.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matt 10:38

And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross. Matt 27:32

and saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest [it] in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. Matt 27:4o

And Pilate wrote a title, and put [it] on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. John 19:19

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Furthermore, the cross was the common form of Roman crucifixion at that time. It was the shape of the blood posted on the door at passover and the shape of all of the furniture for the tabernacle.

8. Steadfast Fred

You don't know what you are talking about. Do you even research things before you post them?

Zeus is nowhere found in the pages of the 1611 KJB. I have one in my hand. I also have the 1611 in e-format.

Jesus was not spelled with a 'z' in the 1611. Here is one verse from the 1611...

Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth houre, Iesus cried with a loud voyce, saying, Eli, Eli, Lamasabachthani, that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken mee?

You obviously have an agenda here, and it is not an agenda of truth.

9. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HW Do you go to church on Sat?

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Acts 18-4

And he (Paul) reasoned in the synagogue EVERY Sabbath,and persuaded the jews and Greeks.

Acts 13-42

And when the jews were gone out of the synagogue,the gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the NEXT SABBATH.

Acts 13-44

And the NEXT SABBATH day came almost the whole city together to hear the Word of Yah.

Sabbath was still there after Jeshua had ascended and the saints and apostles were attending.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

no im caught up in the same tradition as you are friend :tear::tear:

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

You don't have the very first and original in your hand or you would see EliZeus for Elijah

Never said jesus had a Z said the form of Elijah that was Eli-Zeus had the z
    I did say that even though they changed the z to s in Elijah--both jesus and Eli-sues when pronouncing with the s in the middle--sound like a Z pronouncment

#52 HisWitness, Jun 29, 2013
  13. Steadfast Fred

You are wrong on Elijah. It is spelled Eliiah in the original 1611

14. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

The reason Paul visited synagogues on the sabbath was to preach the Gospel. Paul's burden after conversion was to preach Christ. He was burdened for his own people, the Jews. So he went where the Jews were to preach Christ to them. (Acts 13:14-44; 16:13-14; 17:2-4; 18:4). The Apostle Paul was NOT bound to keep the Sabbath.

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

and the same 1611 KJV added easter in it also--which was a pagan holiday that Yah forbidded ---they inter-mingled their pagan holiday with their god Zeus behind it with the name of Elijah in the form of Eli-Zeus.

its there plainly printed in the very original 1611---find one and read it and its there!!!

Acts 12-4 Luke 4-27 these are the verses in that version of the KJV 1611

16. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Paul said in 1 Cor 9:22 that " to the Jew BECAME I A JEW..I am become all things to all men that I might by some means save some" Paul preached to Jews who were convinced they were still under the LAW which is why he met with them on the sabbath. Even Peter was still giving others this impressino by consenting to the circumcision of Timothy, AND PAUL REBUKED HIM FOR IT. Gal 2:8-9. Paul himself did not PRACTICE the sabbath which is clear from Acts 16:13.

Yet you continue to ignore the verses where the Gentile church met ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK. Acts 20:7, I Cor 16:2, Acts 2:41, John 20:19, and ignore the explicit admonition of Paul in Romans 14

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

friend I have read it myself--your not using the correct version of the 1611

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I NEVER said we are bound to keep the Sabbath--But why not be obedient to Yah on the day we gather together--will it hurt folks to do it the 7th day instead of the first--Yah commanded the 7th day to be observed ?????

are you bound to not kill people for the mere pleasure ???

then according to your view go out and have a kill fest.

19. Steadfast Fred

The original 1611 can be seen here. It has Elijah spelled Eliiah.

Do your homework before making such foolish claims as Elizeus was hoe it was originally spelled.

20. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

The English in the KJV was revised after 1611 because THE LANGUAGE AS A WHOLE had evolved. It wasn't just the KJV that was changed, IT WAS EVERY ENGLISH PUBLICATION IN EXISTANCE including re-copies of Shakespear. That is the most asinine argument I have ever heard. Not even the Greek maintained it's current form from Koine the the current Greek. Zeus in Koine Greek was Ζεύς, which proves that Zeus was a different name than Jesus. The modern term for Zeus in Greek is Δίας.

Languages change, they evolved, letters like "F" that were pronounced as "S" were turned into the letter "S" later. That did not affect the MEANING of the words. "FAVOR" later changed to "SAVOR" didn't mean you owed someone. In 1600 FAVOR meant to savor something, and it meant the same thing when the the S at THAT TIME was "F" as it did when the F was changed to S.

You have NO grasp whatsoever on how communication is translated from one language to another. There is a difference in TRANSLATION and transLITERATION. What you are doing is relying on TRANSLITERATION from another language, and calling it the proper TRANSLATION. The 2 are not the same thing. And even in your transLITERATION of the name of God and Jesus, YOU ARE STILL SPELLING IT WRONG because the HEBREW HAS NO VOWELS. You are ADDING English vowels to the transliteration so they you English speakers with funny accents can pronounce the word in YOUR language.

Furthermore, why do you ignore Isaiah 7:14 "his NAME SHALL BE CALLED "IMMANUEL"?

Get a clue Einstein.:BangHead:

#60 DrJamesAch, Jun 29, 2013