1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Salvation Formula

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Van, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God credit our faith as righteousness? See Romans 4
    Do worthless sinners understand and respond to the gospel? See Matthew 13.
    Does God transfer individuals into Christ's kingdom? See Colossians 1:13
    Are we made righteous in Christ? See Romans 5:19.
    Are we made perfect? See Hebrews 12:23
    Are we made blameless and holy? See Colossians 1:22
    Are we sealed with the Holy Spirit forever? See Ephesians 1:13 and John 14:16

Sounds like the Salvation formula presents "Good News."

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God chose us before we ever would choose Him!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiritually dead dumb and blind sinners cannot respond to the good news of Jesus unless/until the Holy Spirit enables them to be able to respond, and that would be the ones chosen by the Father to now be found in Christ!

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another bogus assertion, devoid of truth. We who are "in Christ" were chosen corporately, but not individually before creation. However, everyone "in Christ" was also chosen individually after God credited as faith as righteousness. Such a simple concept. Why can you not grasp it and address it. Where does the concept violate or conflict with any scripture. Can you actually present an argument?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your bogus assertions conflict with scripture. 3 or the four soils responded and irresistible grace is not mentioned. You must have read it into the text.

Yes, the ones God credited their faith, are then chosen by being set apart in Christ. 2 Thess. 2:13

How come the men of Matthew 23:13 were "enabled" such that they were entering the kingdom, yet were prevented from going in?

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
    Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
    Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
    Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
    Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
    Consider this carefully.
    MB

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lost sinners cannot choose to receive Jesus to save them, apart from the divine working of the Holy Spirit, correct?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only the last soil was really saved soil!

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please answer the question and stop changing the subject.

How come the men of Matthew 23:13 were "enabled" such that they were entering the kingdom, yet were prevented from going in?

#109 Van, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To repeat, Three of the four soils heard, understood, and received the gospel message, therefore your claim the fall resulted in the inability to hear, understand and receive the gospel is unbiblical.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2:15 We are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners, that no one is justified by the works of the law but by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by the faithfulness of Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified. 2:17 But if while seeking to be justified in Christ we ourselves have also been found to be sinners, is Christ then one who encourages sin? Absolutely not! I demonstrate that I am one who breaks God’s law. 2:19 For through the law I died to the law so that I may live to God. and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So the life I now live in the body, I live because of the faithfulness of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. God’s grace, because if righteousness could come through the law, then Christ died for nothing! (NET)

This passage was posted and the suggestion made it conflicts with the Salvation Formula. But just exactly how it conflicts was not explained.

Paul, born of Jewish parents, declares no one is justified by the works of the Law, but instead we are justified by the faithfulness (sacrifice) of Jesus Christ. What "the works of the Law" refers to may be keeping the Law, which is a works based salvation effort. But no one is justified by "the works of the Law."

Next, Paul says they have been justified by believing in the faithfulness of Christ. Again the Salvation Formula presents this truth.

Next, Paul offers a hypothetical, if while seeking to be justified, and therefore not yet chosen and placed in Christ, does that mean Christ encourages sin? Absolutely not. Rather it means that I (Paul) am the one who breaks the law.

Next Paul returns to His actual, in Christ and saved, status, so His physical life after being put into Christ and indwelt with Christ, should be to live for Christ. Thus keeping the Law, is something Paul should strive to do, while knowing that righteousness comes not through his effort, but through Christ. And not eating the right foods or getting circumcised does not diminish the righteousness that comes through Christ.

Paul makes a similar argument that after we are saved, we should not sin so that grace may abound.
    We should strive to be faithful like Jesus was, doing our best to keep in the center of God's will.

Nothing in this passage, or anywhere else in scripture that I am aware of, does the Salvation Formula conflict.

#111 Van, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revealing Grace + Repentance + Faith + Election + Spiritual Baptism + Conversion + Indwelling = Salvation + Good Works

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are the one and same. Just different characteristics of it.

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiritual Baptism = God sets a person apart by placing them spiritually “in Christ.”

Conversion = Once “in Christ” a person undergoes the circumcision of Christ and arises “in Christ” a new creation, created for good works. It is a spiritual work of God, not us changing our minds.

Indwelling = After God puts us spiritually in Christ, He seals us in Christ with the Holy Spirit forever. The Holy Spirit provides each born again (converted) believer with light to understand the meat of God’s word, awareness of the will of God, and brings to mind our sins such that we are convicted. As we grow more mature, we will exhibit the fruit of the Spirit.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. That is how you want to udnerstand it. It is in the one Spirit that a believer is immersed into the one body of Christ, His church (1 Corinthians 12:13). And baptists disagree on the meaning of that reference too.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see, I present my view but you do not present an alternate view.

Difficult to come to a common understanding under that arrangement.

We are chosen individually when God credits our faith as righteousness and transfers us out of the realm of darkness (in Adam) and into the kingdom of His beloved Son, Col. 1:13. The "sanctification by the Spirit" also refers to God setting us apart in Christ. (2 Thess. 2:13) Ditto the "sanctifying work of the Spirit, 1 Peter 1:1-2. Then we have 1 Cor. 1:30 where God puts us in Christ. And of course we have

Romans 6:1-4:
    6 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come [be transferred] to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

Note that the result of being given to Christ results in the person being "in Christ" because Christ promises to not cast the person out.

This action by God to give us to Christ is the Spiritual Baptism term of the formula.

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term translated "baptized" means immersion. Typically water, or in the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ. I understand Romans 6:1-5 to be speaking of the meaning of believer's water immersion. 1 Corinthians 12:13 in the Holy Spirit immersion into the body of Christ.

#117 37818, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to Change what scripture says in order to make it agree with your position Your ideas are not biblical. They certainly aren't Baptist. Are you really a Baptist?
    MB

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you have to say about scripture. It takes no study to say "taint so."

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ was made sin. If only treated there would be no cure fore our sins. Treated is like the physicians of the world. They do not cure only treat the symptoms. Being treated is not curing. Christ was made sin so that God could crush it and cure the sinner.
    2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
    MB