1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SATAN IS IN ALL YOUR CHURCHS!!!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, May 28, 2018.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and I can prove it!

Not with 'tangible proof' perhaps but know for sure that satan is in your church and more active than most all of its members.

He isn't in any dead church as they are already dead. No, he is active in all those that preach Jesus. So why have so many lost their community impact? Why are there so little excitement in the local church? Why are the membership rolls dwindling while those still remaining are over 70 years old?

Perhaps it's politics? Yes, internal church politics? We can point the finger at way too many reasons for the decline of our once thriving rural church but I am of the opinion the number one reason is the result of Church Politics. A topic I've never heard preached from any pulpit reflecting on the evils therein.

We all know our Lord provides the increase so why isn't He doing so? ...probably because of those who nurse their political agenda and maintain the need for some family control. Much like the Scribes and Pharisees when it came to Jesus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was hoping you would use scripture to prove it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to your thinking it would seem that where two or three are gathered in His name Satan is in the midst?

The Bride of Christ will be spotless. The assembly may not be, because not all in the assembly are part of the Bride of Christ. There are many deceitful, "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'"

But what will The Lord Jesus Christ reply?

It is not enough that one know Christ, it must be that He knows you. That fellowship and fellowship that is not dependent upon yet not independent of the local assembly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to worry...

the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never do!... A good dose of Jesus Christ will get him out!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The gates of hell shall not prevail against the sold out church, but in most churches today, the people that fill the pews have opened the doors to the world. Their own perspectives and interpretation of the Word. And of course brought in with them their idols of ideas, doctrines and let us not forget the all inclusive, excluding others groups known as the social clique!

With that said, HAMel does have a point! No need to quote you scripture, because the worldly church congregations are not following or living according to scripture, which opens the doors to the devil and his kind!

So, look around your church the next time you are there! Is the gracious ACT of KOINONIA really ruling and being practices throughout the fellowship? Are there leaders who "lord it over" others? Is the preacher a product of the board, or is he permitted to preach the Word without criticism? Is the tithe and offerings truly being used to further the ministry and missions of the Lord, or used for social activities that are exclusive of the entire body, like meetings and dinners for a select few?

I believe HAMel has a good point! Today's church has some problems, and if they don't fall on their knees and repent, they will be judged like none other!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Hank ... how goes the war? The spiritual battle the looms daily around us, and continues to try as it may, to come between us and God, but knowing you brother, the devil is "spinning his wheels!" Keep up the good fight. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But that’s the pointBrother, they are not touching the flesh. John 20:27.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thanks bro,

the day of reckoning is coming.

Matthew 13
    41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
    42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My new pastor made a statement yesterday that kinda threw me. He said that by nature he is an introvert, and that he would feel most comfortable in his study vs getting out there and meeting with people--of course he did indicate that he will make an effort to get up and out. Jeeze, that feels vary alien to me. I take a very activist roll in my service to My God & my wife sees it that way as well. We were both privileged to have sat under a very humble Pastor who had ministries to help people....in there struggling marriages, with kids--The Pastor once spoke with a depressed adolescent who tried to kill himself so he set up a ministry for them specifically complete with a place on the church premises to go, he worked with the sick & poor & because he liked carpentry he would go into the community & help rebuild or side their homes....I can go on & on but my point stands that he went out to people. My point is I think its all about relationship. My wife keeps telling me that its all about believing in a personal God, one that can be imitated, enjoyed & loved (thats how she has the strength to go through her daily cancer treatments without becoming depressed -- as she says, she puts her faith in her Lord & Savior and she experiences Him personally every day...rain or shine). Again, I believe its all about relationship. What we do for others, how we laugh & cry & show that we are there for them.

And thats where I see John 20:27 take hold and speak to me and tells me what God is calling me into. He is saying Thomas, you could not believe because you could not fathom my purpose so you denied it....but now come here & touch the wounds and believe.

This is where Brothers & Sisters I believe the church to be lacking ..... we are given a Great Commission to go out because the world themselves need to see true believers that will work with them in love that is poured out.....and sadly, that is the function of so many churches that is sourly missing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and I am comforted by Matthew 21:31

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 12
    47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
    48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes & the Prophet Zachariah says that when God's day comes, there will be no distinction between the sacred & profane, temple & marketplace. Even the horse bells will be inscribed with the word "sacred," and in the Temple of Yamaha the very cooking pots will be fine as the sprinkling bowls at the alter (14:20). I like that!

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, everything in its proper time.

Ecclesiastes 3:
    1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You dont have to write it out....simply give Chapter & Verse and (Mark 8:17-19) Ta Da!

In Scranton dialect its..... "I'm going ta da store" ....LOL!

17. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know when I go to church Satan goes right along... He knows scripture better than I do... He sits with me in the congregation... He sings when I sing and ask do you really believe that?... Then the Holy Spirit runs him off for awhile... Then he comes back for the prayer service... And throws the same thing in my teeth... Then the Holy Spirit runs him off again... Come preaching well he's back again and all through preaching that fight goes on... You can't live up to that, that doesn't apply to you... You're not a child of God!... But the Holy Spirit is there, assuring you of just the opposite... The constant battle goes on even in the church!... You look down on a brother in church... Guess whose there?... Have an unkind thought... Where did that come from?... Have someone that rubs you the wrong way?... Ummm!... I heard a preacher one time make this comment Satan came to church with me this morning and he sat down with me in the pew!... I know you can look out in the world and see Satan at work, those don't go to church but we do... Watch how you conduct yourself in the House Of God... Satan is there and given the opportunity he will cause division among the brethren... His tactics have not changed and remember the conversation God had with Satan long ago... Have you considered my servant Job?... Brethren we are ALL being considered!... Brother Glen:)

#17 tyndale1946, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not ashamed to write out the Word of God.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have the time....

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALWAYS!

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

• Funny Funny x 1