Saved, Lost, Saved Again.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Feb 16, 2006.

1. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well I was looking for those who declare one can be saved and then lost and then saved again. These are the folks who declare that while a believer is in rebellion they are lost, and if they repent they are saved again. These folks declare that if one is not "sold out" for Jesus they are lost. Well I have good days and bad days, so I would be getting saved and lost about every week! Yet when I give my testimony they don't know what to say about me! Their teaching is just all wavery, it is all over the chart. They get confused and just stop posting, and continue on, believing in error, never pondering why they have so much trouble explaining the postion.

God Bless!

2. eloidalmanutha New Member

Well I was looking for those who declare one can be saved and then lost and then saved again. These are the folks who declare that while a believer is in rebellion they are lost, and if they repent they are saved again. These folks declare that if one is not "sold out" for Jesus they are lost. Well I have good days and bad days, so I would be getting saved and lost about every week! Yet when I give my testimony they don't know what to say about me! Their teaching is just all wavery, it is all over the chart. They get confused and just stop posting, and continue on, believing in error, never pondering why they have so much trouble explaining the postion.

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]ok - fair enough - so do you think that I believe this also?

3. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, not this. But you do have a split position on the matter. On one hand you declare ALL Grace. And on the other hand Grace plus I must do this, that and the other.

On the other thread (Predestinated=OSAS) you declare predestination is for you but not for all believers who read the same passage.

God Bless!

4. eloidalmanutha New Member

No, not this. But you do have a split position on the matter. On one hand you declare ALL Grace. And on the other hand Grace plus I must do this, that and the other.

On the other thread (Predestinated=OSAS) you declare predestination is for you but not for all believers who read the same passage.

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]it's not a matter of who reads it - it is a matter of life application and the heart bent toward God. some will believe, but will fall away and be lost - John 3:16 says that Jesus came for the whole world, but the whole world will not accept Him and be saved.

5. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is it written for all believers to be applied to their lives?

God Bless!

6. eloidalmanutha New Member

Is it written for all believers to be applied to their lives?

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]yes it is, but some choose not to take it seriously and pervert the Word to their own detriment or have no understanding of what it means to be a son of God. If they seek do not that out, they will be lost.

I have a feeling that you are either not very old, or have not seen a lot of fired up people lose their passion for God and die in lethargy. Or you have not been part of deceptive religious movements that draw believers into heresy and blasphemy under the guise of salvation in Jesus Christ.

7. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are telling me that if a person does not take God's Word about predestination seriously it effects the Word of God? One's actions will never change or alter in any way the truth of God's Word. ALL that are born of God are Predestinated for justification and glorification unto the end. That is what it says and this is not affected in any way by man's short comings.

Not sure what age has to do with this, but I have seen people fired up and lose their passion for God. I haven't seen their inner man so I cannot say that they spiritually died. I must trust the Word that God will see to it they are justified and glorified unto the end if it be that they have received the Spirit of Christ through rebirth. There are many who just get caught up in the "religion" of it and never come to the understanding that it is all about a relationship...Father and child. If they were never a child then they never lost anything.

Ye know, being all fired up for the Lord Jesus is not what saves. What about all of those born-again believers that are as quiet as a church mouse? Are they lost because you cannot see their enthusiasim?

No I haven't, but you just discribed those who have created a "religion"..."another Jesus"..."another gospel". One can quote Jesus all day long and jump and holler and look all religious, but unless they receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior they are not saved and therefore are not falling away from anything other than another false teaching.

God Bless!

8. eloidalmanutha New Member

No I haven't, but you just discribed those who have created a "religion"..."another Jesus"..."another gospel". One can quote Jesus all day long and jump and holler and look all religious, but unless they receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior they are not saved and therefore are not falling away from anything other than another false teaching.

God Bless! [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]And that is where the rubber hits the road. you can be saved, reborn, regenerated - but if you remain under the anti-messiah spirit, you can fall away.

What you don't understand is that satan comes masquerding as an angel of light. he has a bit of the truth wrapped around the lie. you can be a true believer under a deceptive preacher and be in danger of losing your salvation. I am not talking about a preacher who preaches a little error, I am speaking of one who is preaching another gospel that appears to be Jesus Christ.

If you have not experienced this, you cannot possibly understand that staying under that spirit, it is possible to depart the faith. it almost happened to me. I was in the middle of the doctrine of demons and was eating and drinking poison day and night and it about killed me. I have seen it destroy others, because when the teaching fails, you walk away from God because you have been sold a lie.

9. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    False. Being deceived can destroy a true believers fruits but their soul is hid in Christ...Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God .

You prove my point of this thread. I have been looking for someone here who believes one can lose their salvation to tell me about their "experience" of losing it. So like you I say "If you have not experienced this(loss of salvation), you cannot possibly understand" and therefore are teaching something you cannot possibly understand.

There you have it! It didn't happen though because you have been predestinated before the foundation of the world to remain in Christ unto the end. Your very own testimony proves and strengthens my position.

God Bless!

10. eloidalmanutha New Member

False. Being deceived can destroy a true believers fruits but their soul is hid in Christ...Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God .

You prove my point of this thread. I have been looking for someone here who believes one can lose their salvation to tell me about their "experience" of losing it. So like you I say "If you have not experienced this(loss of salvation), you cannot possibly understand" and therefore are teaching something you cannot possibly understand.

There you have it! It didn't happen though because you have been predestinated before the foundation of the world to remain in Christ unto the end. Your very own testimony proves and strengthens my position.

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I never said that some are not predestined to be the Lord's forever.

I believe that one of the reasons God did not let me go is to show the truth to others - that unless they heed His Word, strive after Him, and contend for the faith and truth, and walk away from deception and lies when they are shown the truth, then they will be lost. You cannot believe a lie about Jesus Christ, when you have been told the truth, and expect God to guarantee your salvation.

11. eloidalmanutha New Member

addition to my last post:

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Tim 3:13 But evil men and pretenders will go forward to worse, leading astray and being led astray.

astray - strong's G4105 = sever from the truth

2 Peter 3:17 Therefore, beloved, knowing beforehand, beware lest being led away with the error of the lawless, you fall from your own steadfastness

fall - strong's G1601 = fall from salvation, to lose it, perish

Luke 13:6 ΒΆ And He spoke this parable: A certain one had planted a fig tree in his vineyard. And he came looking for fruit on it and did not find any.
    7 And he said to the vinedresser, Behold, three years I come looking for fruit on this fig tree, and found none. Cut it down, and why does it waste the ground?
    8 And the vinedresser said to him, Sir, leave it also this year until I shall dig around it and throw manure;
    9 and see if it indeed makes fruit. But if not, in the future you may cut it down.

Heb 3:12 Watch, brothers, lest perhaps there shall be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief in withdrawing [departing] from the living God.
    13 But exhort yourselves each day, as long as it is being called today, that not any of you be hardened by the deceit of sin.
    14 For we have become partakers of Christ, if truly we hold the beginning of the assurance firm to the end;
    15 as in the saying, "Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as in the provocation." Psalm 95:7,8 MT

depart - strong's G868 = revolt, withdraw, fall away, become faithless, shun, flee

1 Cor 9:26 So I run accordingly, as not uncertainly; so I fight, as not beating air;
    27 but I buffet my body and lead it captive, lest proclaiming to others I myself might be disapproved [castaway].

castaway - strong's G96 = not approved, unfit, reprobate, rejected

2 Peter 2:20 For if by a recognition of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, they have escaped the defilements of the world, and again being entangled they have been overcome by these, then their last things have become worse than the first.
    21 For it was better for them not to have recognized the way of righteousness than having recognized it to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
    22 But the word of the true proverb has happened to them: "The dog turning to his own vomit;" also, the washed sow to wallowing in mud. Prov. 26:11

recognize - strong's G1921 = to know thoroughly, to know accurately, to know well, to perceive
    who a person is, to understand
    [from G1097 - to know someone as a man and wife "know" each other sexually] = "get away from Me, I never "knew" you.

12. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe you were preserved by God alone because you are His child by regeneration. I believe this is what God would love you to tell His other children whom you may see entangled in worldly affairs. I don't believe God wants you to tell them that He might take back what He has freely given them in Christ. Only the blood of Jesus is our guarantee.

God Bless!

13. eloidalmanutha New Member

It's not a matter of God taking back what was freely given. His gifts are without repentance - it is man that turns his back on God.

14. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    elo, the gift of God is eternal life. God gives this gift of eternal life at rebirth. You are correct that God's gifts are without repentance. Turning your back on God does not affect God's Gift. God will either turn you back or bring you home. Once home, delivered out of that rebellious death trap of a body, your rebellion will be gone forever and you will be ever greatful that God keeps His promisses!

God Bless!

15. eloidalmanutha New Member

elo, the gift of God is eternal life. God gives this gift of eternal life at rebirth. You are correct that God's gifts are without repentance. Turning your back on God does not affect God's Gift. God will either turn you back or bring you home. Once home, delivered out of that rebellious death trap of a body, your rebellion will be gone forever and you will be ever greatful that God keeps His promisses!

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think you read the scripts I recently posted :(

16. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not only have I read them hundreds of times, but I have prayed over them asking God for understanding(James 1:5-8) and I have studied as God has commanded so I might rightly divide what they are teaching(2Tim 2:15).

The scriptures you post do not nullify God's predestination of ALL of those born of God. You will need to interpret them in light of God's given precepts concerning born-again. Otherwise you will believe in error. If you desire to learn doctrine correctly you must learn it precept upon precept(Isaiah 28:9-10).

First understand all of scripture which defines born of God. Once you see the finality of this position in Christ, then these other passages will open up for your understanding. Prayer and study is the key.

God Bless!

17. eloidalmanutha New Member

Not only have I read them hundreds of times, but I have prayed over them asking God for understanding(James 1:5-8) and I have studied as God has commanded so I might rightly divide what they are teaching(2Tim 2:15).

The scriptures you post do not nullify God's predestination of ALL of those born of God. You will need to interpret them in light of God's given precepts concerning born-again. Otherwise you will believe in error. If you desire to learn doctrine correctly you must learn it precept upon precept(Isaiah 28:9-10).

First understand all of scripture which defines born of God. Once you see the finality of this position in Christ, then these other passages will open up for your understanding. Prayer and study is the key.

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]so then, Paul was not born of God when he wrote the letters to other believers. Perhaps he had not yet been regenerated ;)

18. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You'll have to explain. :confused:

19. eloidalmanutha New Member

You'll have to explain. :confused: </font>[/QUOTE]1 Cor 9:26 So I run accordingly, as not uncertainly; so I fight, as not beating air;
    27 but I buffet my body and lead it captive, lest proclaiming to others I myself might be disapproved [castaway].

castaway - strong's G96 = not approved, unfit, reprobate, rejected

Heb 3:12 Watch, brothers, lest perhaps there shall be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief in withdrawing [departing] from the living God.
    13 But exhort yourselves each day, as long as it is being called today, that not any of you be hardened by the deceit of sin.
    14 For we have become partakers of Christ, if truly we hold the beginning of the assurance firm to the end;
    15 as in the saying, "Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as in the provocation." Psalm 95:7,8 MT

depart - strong's G868 = revolt, withdraw, fall away, become faithless, shun, flee

ps: btw, salvation is conditional - it is not a free for all without humbling oneself before God. It is not a prayer, it is a life changing PROCESS. some choose not to process, they will be cut off. the branches were cut off.

20. Nicholas25 New Member

Hello, my name is Nicholas Perkins and I have a testimony that the original poster is looking for. I was saved in 1999 as a 19 year old. I have no doubt about my salvation, it was not just some religious experience, it was genuine. Maybe because of immaturity or because the devil kept telling me that I was to young to be a Christian and I was missing so much, I slowly, slowly crept back into sin. As time went on I grew colder and colder on Christ and more distant in my relationship with him. Eventually I fell back into sin completely. I no longer felt remorse for my sin, infact I enjoyed them and looked forward to doing them again. This went on for several years. I knew I was no longer a child of Jesus Christ. I often wondered if I would ever come back to him because as we all know, one can't come to Christ unless the Spirit draws him. To make a long story short, in September of 2004 at 4:00 AM in my bedroom, I opened my Bible for the first time in years. I even had to get the dust off of it. The Lord led me to Proverbs and I came across so many sins and wrongs and they all pointed to my lifestyle. The more I read the more convicted I felt. I eventually repented of my sins told the Lord that I knew I had been living a horrible life and to help me from that point on be the person he would have me to be. Ever since that early morning I have walked and talked with the Lord. This doesn't mean I haven't stumbled and struggled at times but I have felt remorse for all sins and have asked the Lord to forgive me. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways. I want to say that I don't believe that one gets resaved. We all know we only get saved one time. I do however feel that we repent and return to our original salvation so to speak. I also don't feel that one sins causes one to lose their salvation, I do believe that one returns to a lost condition when they get to the point as I did where they no longer feel remorse for sins and enjoy them and hope and plan to do them again. Thanks.