1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Say Hello To Today's Navy

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Adonia, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Drag.jpg Drag 1.jpg In a recent story in the Marine Corps times there was an article about one Navy Seaman who seems to represent part of what today's U.S. Navy is all about. It concerns Yeoman 3rd class Joshua Kelly whose passion is performing in drag.

While struggling to maintain financial stability while chasing his passion of appearing in drag, our intrepid little cross dresser decided today's new Navy would be the place for him. He now has a steady income, is travelling the world, and is giving "his" shipmates some entertainment while on deployment.

"My command alone has given me the most support. I can’t thank the ‘Eagles’ (VFA-115) enough for being not only outstanding sailors and leaders, but a family who takes care of each other.” While he’s not sure exactly what the future holds, Kelley anticipates that he’ll head to the East Coast once his tour in Japan is up. There, he expects to reenlist for at least another three years to finish what he started as a sailor, he said. (Oh isn't that just peachy keen!)

This is disgusting and to my Navy veteran comrades my condolences as to what the Navy has become. My father, a proud WW2 Navy veteran is now officially spinning in his grave.

#1 Adonia, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something doesn't compute. Look closely at the collar flash. It does not look like the PO 3rd should. It looks more like an O-6 insignia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just did, and I am not sure. Here's the Yeoman 3rd class insignia and I think this is what is on his uniform. See the line under the bird? They are somewhat close that is for sure. Hey, if he is wearing the officer insignia, maybe that's part of his drag routine? Any way you stack it, this is a sad commentary on the U.S. Navy. I hope the Chinese Navy isn't too good, because if we go to war with them the people pictured in the top picture do not inspire any confidence in me that we will win - just look closely at some of those folks. yeo6.png Yeoman .jpg

#3 Adonia, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Incredible - Ya I guess I'm a homophobe or maybe a crossdressophobe

6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I went back to my pictures section in the computer and enlarged the photo. The bottom part of the insignia can't be made out even in the enlargement - the color of the uniform and the bottom part of the insignia are blending in too closely. I can't imagine though that an enlisted "man" would put on an officer insignia and then be photographed, that is asking for trouble. All I can say about this picture is that the way "he" places his hands mid-thigh speaks volumes. Also notice the way "his" knees knock together - it's like "he" has a skirt on.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way its positioned on the lapel collar says is an officer rank - a silver eagle O6.
    Some one suggested it might be part of the act.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In cammies, there is no rating designator. For a PO3 it's just a crow and chevron.

9. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More reasons for Christians not being unequally yoked together with unbelievers in the military................

10. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Using your criteria, I suppose the same could be said of many of the places of work these days.

11. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today's Navy? It seems playing dress up has quite a history aboard ships. Any of you guys see this sort of thing when 'crossing the Equator'?

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But there it is nonetheless (the O6 rank bird).

In the USAF he would (according to his "brass") be called a "bird colonel".

#12 HankD, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are free to quit any job. But we are bound by oath (contrary to scripture) to unbelievers under penalty of law in the military. We cannot walk after our own flesh, but think it is somehow OK to walk after the flesh of another in the military?

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is quite a difference in the long standing tradition of seamen who cross the equator dressing up and the Navy actively recruiting crossdressers, homosexuals and other sexual deviants. All of the stuff happening today is taking place nowhere near the equator. All I can say is good luck to the Navy the next time the shooting starts, they are going to need it with the bunch they now have in it's ranks. Somehow I have a vision of some of these folks running around hysterically while under attack and if the order is ever given to abandon ship refusing to leave until they are allowed to return to their living area in order to retrieve their favorite red pumps. Good heavens!

15. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My comment was in regards to the image of a sleeve patch with the crossed quills. It a been easier if he'd was a Coastie. The collar device for a PO3 is a shield and chevron.

16. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I've taken "the enlistment oath", there has always been the option in the wording to "affirm" instead of swearing. It seems to me you are taking the position a Christian should never make a contract.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It still remains, we are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers, oath or no oath.

18. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My problem with your position is it (to me) covers just about every long-term business transaction. I don't mean just the obvious business partnership. I mean anything that goes contract leases, rentals, mortgages, etc.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont forget churches.

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bank is not telling you to make moral decisions when you take out a loan.