1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sbc

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Nov 8, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, in other words,

"If you disagree with my position, you must be racist. And if you're racist, then you must disagree with my position."

Stunning logic there.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I agree but here where I'm a member we are about 40 or more % white and about the same black with our other fine folks mixed in with that. We aren't a big city but we sure aren't country, about the same size Ocala, I think.

You are correct about a lot of segregation isn't about race directly but about style within the church. Preaching, teaching, music and whatever other kind of style one can come up with can cause some problems, but as long as some are willing to give up their liberty so others can have it their way, it seem to work out well. Then all are happy for each to have their style from time to time.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ocala?.......

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I left out the as, about the same size as Ocala. Palm Coast, Florida is where I talking about.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well my point is that segregated churches do not mean racism. Nor does it mean white racism. The segregation occurs on all sides of the fence.

6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was born in Alabama, Daddy and Mom are buried in his homestate of Georgia, and I grew up on grits, okra, cornbread, turnip greens, and I was saved in a Southern Baptist church where my Daddy was a Deacon. I am now IFB because the SBC has become too liberal for me. <smile>

Anyway, I don't remember a single time when a black family (or for that matter, ANY nationality or race) was not welcomed with open arms and hearts into the congregation. We are ALL sinners saved by grace. Anybody who thnks that a true Bible-believing church should be segregated needs to go back and read the Bible and what Paul wrote about Jews, Greeks, Romans, and the like. And to think that a leader in a church would have to bring that up??? It is stupid - a publicity stunt, perhaps?

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm in agreement with you. Just pointed that where I'm a member we have some of everybody. In town are good churches as far as I know which some are all white, all black, all hispanic, or all any of the other fine folks.