1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Schools

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Oct 31, 2007.

?
  1. Home school

36.8%
  2. Public school

68.4%
  3. Private (non-religous) school

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Private Christian (non-denominational) school

21.1%
  5. Private, Christian, Denominational school

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Where do your children (or grandchildren) go to school?

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I have two in public school and one being homeschooled. :D

Our town has an excellent elementary system and an excellent high school. Middle School is, hmmm, well a doc I know says it's a zoo! Most say it's just "different".

I suffered through middle school with my eldest and seriously considered homeschooling then. When my son moved up, I stood it for a year and said enough. He suffers from intractable migraines and ended up missing 85 days last year. I was already homeschooling! This year, no middle school and no migraines since the end of last year. June, July, August, September and October. This is the longest migraine free streak we've had since the first migraine he suffered four years ago. He's happy, the middle school is estactic that they don't have to deal with me anymore and he has made enormous strides in his education. Public school is no place for a child with a chronic illness, the system is just not set up to deal with a child who can't come to school.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I don' t have children, but people I know do.

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our children went to public schools. No grandchildren yet :tear: :tear: but since our married daughter teaches 1st grade in a public school, I would imagine they'll go to public school

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have 2 in high school a the local public school after having been homeschooled through 8th grade. I'm also homeschooling a kindergartener and second grader - and they will stay home atleast through 8th grade unless God says otherwise.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Our two kids are in a private non-denominational Christian school...but it is housed at a Baptist church and the board is made up of members from Baptist churches.

7. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

After going thru public elementary and middle schools, our teens are now in a Christian high school. What a difference!

My prior feelings about Christian education were not positive ("Christian education is usually neither"), however, we are extremely glad we made the switch.

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

FofS, Is this deja vu? I thought you did a thread like this before -- or did we just talk on a thread like this? Or have I completely gone round the bend?

No comments allowed from the peanut gallery - you know who you are ;)

9. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Deju vu all over again. I think it was sometime last year when my daughter was moving from a public to a Christian high school and I was hoping to get some insights & experiences from everyone.

Since then, my son has joined her & we are a lot more involved in the place so I thought I'd see what the status is out there.

Very surprised that the polling is going the way it is.