Secret FBI recordings accuse Martin Luther King Jr of watching and laughing as a pastor raped a woma

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 26, 2019.

1. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    " And we know today that Dr. King and a great cloud of witnesses are shouting in heaven." --Rick Warren

Christians Together : Rick Warren's prayer at Obama's inauguration

2. Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe a good thing that Southwestern removed the Rick Warren stained glass window along with others.

3. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Up until now, I was angered about the windows being removed. Now that I have discovered Warren had a window, I am thrilled they were removed. Should have smashed them up after removal. Warren being in the mix desecrated all the windows.

4. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rick Warren is a big shot in the SBC.

6. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have to admit I didn’t get that one, still a part of the history though. I will never agree that removing them was a good thing.

7. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In some circles. He is not well liked by others.

8. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is he a big shot in the SBC? What role is it that you believe he is involved in?

9. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not and never have been a fan of a MLK holiday and live in that last state (AZ) to make it one which only happened under the pressure of the NFL boycotting our state. For one, I simply thought there was too much hoopla being made out of him and I had heard he was no angel in private life. Also, I just didn’t think he stood out that much as deserving a holiday named after him and thought the motives were merely political. Only 2 men in our history have the honor of a paid national holiday named after them, Washington and Columbus and I don't think MLK raises to that level. Although, I did like the idea of another paid holiday and was not opposed to calling it a Civil or Human Rights Day and did see MLK as somewhat championing that cause.

That said, I have little doubt that there is a lot of twisting of the contents of tapes going on for political purposes and publicity, consider the sources. I can’t help but to wonder what the definition of these “40 affairs” are and although I can believe MLK was flirtatious and inappropriate, especially by today’s Me-Too standards I suspect the number is being hyper-inflated and unprovable as an absolute fact. I also believe the “laughing as his friend raped a parishioner” is probably a politically twisted account and the thing about all these politically motivated certainly hyped up claims is that MLK is not here to defend himself against it …and as per the example of the Russian Collusion Investigation we should all know what these sources are capable of.

Lastly, I don’t think MLK was any angel by any means but I hope those that are questioning MLK’s salvation for adultery aren’t suggesting a works based salvation or trying to draw the line one cannot pass according to their pet peeve sins. King David and his son Solomon would probably disagree with such a judgment.

10. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is he SBC other than he pays money to the SBC in Nashville? He led the pastors conference in 2014. Why would he even be asked to speak?

11. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has a big church. Other than that its just that his church gives to the cooperative. He is not a big wig in the convention.

12. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The FBI file on him is still sealed. Was supposed to be unsealed many years ago. If it had anything good in it, it would have been public long ago. It's full of dirt on the dirt bag.

13. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually really like this post. It is an independent and rationale take on this. Well done. I mean it.

I would also suggest that those that decry the holiday because of King’s Personal life take a nice long look at some of the stuff Columbus did. There aren’t threads about that and I think I know why.

14. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Columbus was not the Reverend Columbus. If MLK did not claim to be a reverend, I really would mot give a flip about his personal life.

15. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't help but think of "Rev" Al & "Rev" Jesse with this post!!:D:rolleyes:

16. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mean, we celebrate Martin Luther King for his contributions to Civil Rights though right?

17. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He misused the church to bring about that change. I don't celebrate anything about him.

18. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, there is nothing to stop one from celebrating the good. Not to do so reminds of the fallacious reasoning of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Knowing God will judge him, and whoa about teachers (or Revs) being judged more strictly (James 3:1) - that is enough for me especially in light of the following verses that remind us that we all offend and are guilty in one way or another and in need of grace.

19. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's celebrate the good Adolph Hitler did. He did a lot, believe it or not. We can also celebrate the good Stalin did. I am not celebrating any preacher who has the personal life King had.

20. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would think you should know that I am always an independent thinker and rationale, dude. :D