1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Seventh-day Adventists. Fifth largest Christian denomination World Wide

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

God's only "WORK" that comprised “all the works of God” of the Seventh Day on the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD, was Jesus Christ’s! — Jesus Christ “the all in all fulfilling Fullness of God. All “blessing” of God “on the Seventh Day”, was Jesus Christ’s! All “sanctity and holiness” of God “on the Seventh Day”, was Jesus Christ’s! All “finishing, completion, perfection, fulfilling on the Seventh Day”, was Jesus Christ’s! And above all, All “REST OF GOD” in the beginning “on the Seventh Day” of God, WAS JESUS’ CHRIST’S!

Rested God not in, by, through and because of Jesus Christ, He never rested. And gave Jesus Christ the People of God not the Rest of God in, by, through and because HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD, DEATH AND THE GRAVE, He never “GAVE THEM REST”.

And gave “Jesus”, not “the People of God THIS Rest “on the Sabbath”, God, never gave them the Sabbath.

Because the Sabbath is the servant of the Glad Tidings of God’s Salvation through Jesus Christ or it bloats the selfishness and arrogance and pride of WICKED MAN.

2. Zog Has-fallen

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I prefer to correct Seventh-day Adventists by quoting Jesus. "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27).

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Zog Has-fallen

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Feel free to include me in that number also. I was told that my theology is very Baptist and I'm a great admirer of William Miller, the Baptist preacher of Adventist infamy.

5. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Necromancy....this thread xD

All you got to do is mention ABORTION and SDA get shut down right away. They will pretend you never said the word.

SDA is for abortion and their official SDA HOSPITALS still do abortions.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    An emotional post - not the same as paying attention to Bible detail.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am amazed at how often outbursts and appeals to emotionalism suffice in the place of actual Bible study.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A distinction without a difference

We have baptists on this section of the board who have said in the past that their "group" of Baptists do not tolerate open communion with Southern Baptists. My statement about the "Baptist Confession of Faith" said nothing to deny all the divisions and divisiveness between various Baptist groups.

As we both know.

If we delete all the sniping posts and nits - what is left??

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In comparison to what ONE other denomination in China?

10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Yes, we noticed that in the 'Necromancy' thread. Although BobRyan will deny the SDA promotes pro-choice, the SDA abortion mills provide them every day (including Saturday) and they get very quiet when you expose them for this abominable practice. Moloch worship is alive and well in the SDA!

Yes, they do get real quiet when you EXPOSE their Moloch worship.

Dr. Irving "Bud" Feldkamp III, member of the Azure Hills Seventh-day Adventist Church in Grand Terrace, California, is the owner of Family Planning Associates of California, which is the LARGEST ABORTION PROVIDER in the state of California.
    Dr. Richard Fredericks says, "In Adventist Hospitals where abortions are performed the overwhelming percentage are elective..."
    In 2005, George Reid, of the SDA Biblical Research Institute, reported to Teresa Beem that the SDA Church was "pro-choice" and Washington Adventist Hospital was becoming an "Abortion Mill". The Washington Times reported the SDA hospital performed 1,494 abortions between 1975 and 1982.

Now besides the fact that SDA support abortion. There's a couple of other things that disturb me also about this.

Like this:

SDA Church did not even permit abortions until 1970.
    Everything changed in 1970 when an SDA hospital in Hawaii (Castle Memorial Hospital) began permitting abortions reportedly BECAUSE THEY WERE AFRAID OF LOSING PATIENTS WHO WOULD GO TO OTHER HOSPITALS TO GET ABORTIONS
    They were afraid of losing patients (gold,filthy lucre) so they started performing abortions.....for the sake of money.
    This also ties into the fact that they give free passes on sabbath , to sabbath breakers,and keep hospitals open, they say because of emergencies.

When in fact it's all smoke and mirrors and they are chasing filthy lucre.
    They have no defense here. Their Adventists hospitals have become abortion mills and the SDA is 'Bible Believing'? They come here promoting a church that condones the MURDER of innocent babies!

11. Zog Has-fallen

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's why I express special thanks to Tom Lehrer for creating the perfect song for the General Conference Corporation of Seventh-day Adventists to sing about their apostasy.

12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I have (as well as others on this board) challenged SDA's like Bob, One Baptism, etc. to defend their church leaderships pro-choice (pro-murder) stance and have gotten nothing in response. It is indefensible! Christians of all denominations were gathered on the National Mall & in San Francsco to protest the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion nationwide. But one denomination that you do NOT see represented is Seventh-day Adventists whose large worldwide network of 170 hospitals allows elective abortions. I participate each year in Walk-For-Life March in San Francisco and have NEVER observed a group from the SDA churches. How can they claim they are following the scriptures and not only agree with elective abortion but PERFORM them daily in ALL their SDA hospitals??? As I speak, SDA doctors are hacking apart babies in our local SDA hospital. A church that takes it's orders from the pit of Hell is nothing I would EVER associate with. Here are a couple of comments made by local Adventists on their churches promotion of abortion:

'
    'The Adventist Church should be in the forefront of the pro-life movement. I counted the other day 470 pro-life organizations in the U.S. alone all of them created and sustained by non-Adventists.

Contrast this with our church who has led in the profiting from the killing of the unborn. Will God not judge his chosen church for this incredible moral fall?

If it weren't for the Sabbath, I would have left the Adventist Church a long time ago. All I can do for now is pray for the revival of the true faith and divert my tithes and offerings to independent ministries who share my pro-life views.'

And another SDA comment:

'Let's be honest with folks, why not just publish new Church Guidelines which reveal that we believe all ten commandments are still binding except for the sixth, which obviously we believe was "nailed to the cross".

If we continue to make excuses for violating the 6th commandment then it's time we stop condemning churches that make excuses for violating the 4th. They are Babylon while we are the Remnant, seriously?

Wonder which is worse in God's sight, violating a day that He made for us, or killing creatures made in His image that belong to him? What do you think?'

One more (now ex) SDA comment questioning their churches pro-death beliefs:

'Elective abortions have no place in SDA institutions. Leadership needs to be out in front on this issue.

13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

(CRICKETS!!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a comparison between present day abortion and drowning of Anabaptist/Waldensian infants during the Dark Ages? Does Pope Francis' apology apply here? There are other apologies from other pontiffs.
    There have been a lot of "black pots and black kettles,"

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

15. AwesomeMachine

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't understand what everyone is so upset about. I just look at it as Catholics and Protestants. Protestant is the largest Christian denomination. Catholic being the second largest. If everyone nit picks over details, it divides and conquers. No one does that to Catholics! But Protestants are at each others' throats.

I can see how abortion is incompatible with Christian teaching. But righteous indignation must be from God. If someone is a pro-choice Christian, you know they're not Christian in any inner sense. So, since true Christians have Christ inside themselves, they radiate truth by their kind and gentle touch.

It used to make me mad that people did the wrong thing under the Name of Christ. I wanted them to know the truth in no uncertain terms. But I didn't love them. I just judged them. People don't care what you think until they know how much you care. Don't hate the ignorant, nor even hypocrites, because they're just trying to be happy! But don't fall into their snares either, Be innocent as lambs and wise as serpents.

Ask God for the opportunity to correct the sinner. God said, "The bruised reed He shall not crush. The smoldering wick He shall not quench." That means to be gentle to sinners. The number one most generous act of mercy is to admonish the sinner. So, all I'm going to say is, "If anyone mixes pro-choice together with faith in Christ, it will make that person ill. It would be better that they had no association with Christ.

Mixing Christianity with intentional sin accelerates the ill effects of the sin and hastens death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Protestants are not a denomination

I am Pro-Choice - that means that I believe if a baby chooses abortion - then I say, go ahead and let him be aborted.

Now, if a person has no objection to abortions - they are "PRO-ABORTION":Speechless

I am very serious about using these terms! Liberals like to sugarcoat their terms as not to make it sound so bad.:Devilish

Salty

PS - there are some groups who think that Abortion should be allowed up till 30 days after birth! :Cry

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True -- they are many.

agreed.

(What if the baby chooses to abort his mother? -- almost never happens but the question always comes up)

However this thread is not about abortion.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Many Protestant denominations and many Catholic ones as well. And on this very board you have Baptists who claim that their particular splinter group of Baptist - will not tolerate open communion with Southern Baptists.

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed as Christianity Today pointed out.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are Sou Bap who are totally closed communion - which means if you were visiting church "A" you could still be a member of a sister SBC church (B) you would not be welcomed to partake of communion in church A.
    And keep in mind - that there are many Baptist churches that are not member of any "splinter" group - in fact they prefer to be called an unaffiliated church.-TOTAL AUTOMONOTY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.