1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seventh-day Adventists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by SwordBearer, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheThirdAngel144

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Sabbath is from even to even, on the 7th day. I am not Seventh-Day Adventist, but the Bible shows that the evening was the first part of the day in Genesis.

Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

This cycle is repeated. Even another kind of "sabbath" received the same treatment, from evening to evening.

Leviticus 23:32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Knowing that "sin IS transgression of the LAW" ? 1 John 3:4
    Knowing that "rebellion is not LOVE for God" since 1 John 5:2-3 says that "3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome."
    Knowing that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19??
    Knowing that "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before me to worship" Isaiah 66:23
    Knowing that "to him that knows to do right and does it not - to him it is SIN" James 4:17?
    Knowing that Jesus is "LORD of the Sabbath" Mark 2:27?

So you are saying if I were to reject all of scripture and become a Catholic "would I still be saved"???

Are you even serious??
    Of course that would not be the path of salvation - that would be rejecting the Word of God.

Even the Baptist Confession of Faith admits that the TEN Commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the NEW Covenant.

You knew that right?

Is this all "news to you" after having posted on it 20,000 times?

you seem to be "stuck" on the idea that if I don't condemn every single Catholic on planet earth to hell - that this shows the one big problem in the SDA set of doctrines. Is that "seriously" the hill you want to die on - as they say... given that you have the glaring problem of leaving it "to me" to defend section 19 of your "Baptist Confession of Faith" ??? You seem to have much bigger issues to deal with than this "condemn every Catholic --- or else" idea.

So then you are not at all serious on that point you raise about the becoming-Catholic scenario???

Just more gaming??

#142 BobRyan, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Creative writing much??

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More -- "creative writing"?

Quote something.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course I do...

False accusations are very simple to make up

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is from the OP...

I have not seen SwordBearer on this thread much since the OP.

Is that "instructive" or simply an interesting feature of the thread?

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.