1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shakin', Bakin', and Extremely Thirsty in California!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jan 18, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not only is California experiencing a heat wave in January; we are having earthquakes in just about every possible place! Just the other night, we had a rolling quake that caught me off guard, and that is something that doesn't happen often [feeling the quakes in my home]. Then there are the gale force winds, red flag warnings, and the dry and arid conditions that make conditions for wild fires - HIGH!

Back to the quakes: Sure they are small ones, but enough to get my attention, and the attention of those I know! On top of this, the governor believes we are in the midst of a drought that could be the worst in a century!

And for some weird reason, we are needing A/C in January! The only good thing about the hot, dry, windy, shaking climate is that at after the sun goes down, the temperatures drop into the 40s!

Still something doesn't feel right about what is going on out here in the land of fruit, nuts and flakes? So, pay attention to the news, as California could be making the evening news around the USA; as mother nature seems to be throwing a temper tantrum in 2014! :laugh: :smilewinkgrin: :tonofbricks:

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry. The rest of us will end up paying for it.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really...if it did fall onto the ocean, do you think anyone would really care?

4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd rather they just secede. I don't want anybody hurt. I just want them to go away.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Easy to say except that there are still many there who love the Lord. Not to mention that I have relatives who would bust hell wide open if that happened. Perhaps you could join with me in praying for them that God would save them rather than wishing them dead at the bottom of the ocean.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Secede??? Fat chance. Speaking of that, maybe we can get ole "I will have another helping " to move out there. The weight addition could a tremor. He might even try to close the Golden Gate....cause that's what the eleplant man does.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

A really Christ like comment. There are millions of hard working people who are Christians that live in California. I do not wish ill will on any of them, saved or lost. My hope is that the lost come to Jesus Christ.

It amazes me that someone who lives in one of the most liberal states in the union would broad brush an entire state with one fate. Each person is an individual and a creation of the Lord.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is really an amazing set of things to be going on at once. It could be the Lord is trying to tell us something. You know, those who characterize California as one entity fail to realize that there are fruits and nuts in each of the fifty states, just maybe a smaller percentage.

I think we should remember that two of our conservative Presidents came from California, Nixon and Reagan. I mentioned this in another thread, but the voting demographics of California have changed very much in the past twenty or so years. It also seems in every election, Oregon and Washington follow their lead. As of late, New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado have been falling into the Democrat camp. I do not know if this is a trend, but I cannot imagine states like Arizona, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana doing the same thing.

Any way Paul, keep the air on, and be prepared to shake, rattle, and roll. You and your family stay safe.

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So then, it would have been more Christ like to agree that California should break off into the sea, killing millions?

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a sad analysis. No, instead of wishing they would go away, how about wishing they stay a part of this country and God works a miracle in the lives of millions of lost people in California, instead of "I wish they would go away." Falling off in the sea is worse than succession of course, but why not pray for a positive outcome. My other question is why do you wish all the Christians in California would "just go away?"

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's sovereignty isn't limited by geographic location. God is just as sovereign and just as active in a post-secession California as He is anywhere else.

Because it is both an economic and liberty drain on the country.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are they saved? For the record, if New Jersey did likewise and with me in it, It would be God will and Id praise and glorify him into the bottom of the sea. Why was Nineva saved while Sodom perished....its all in Gods hands Brothers.

#12 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yall need not to forget....

....while this is Obama's favorite place to come when his campaign funds are running low. And while we allow boys and girls to now share the same restrooms if they identify with being a member of the sex they were not born into. And while a State supreme court, led by a gay judge, through out the will of the people and established same gender marriage. And while gay history s now part of the state school curricululim. And while this state continues to vote and lean to the left....there are a large number of Christians still living out here.

And while I know you didn't mean it as a serious statement, I don;t want to see California fall into the ocean. I live here, and I am stuck here due to finances! I would much rather be in Michigan or Nebraska, but I make the best out of a bad situation as do the the remaining remnant of believers out here!

I just wanted to point out that there is something rather wierd going on out here. Some are calling it the perfect storm scenario. With high winds; dry arid conditions; very low water levels; heat that shuldn't be here for another six months; and the ground rumbling all around us ... it would be the perfect time for Al Gore to come out here; pitch a tent; and sell his snake oil theory on global warning! I think there would be a ton of Hollywood types and metro-tinkers that would buy it: Hook, line and sinker! :laugh:

14. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am reading that your snow pack in the mountains is at a low level so I am hoping that the snow like we got yesterday goes to California the next time. It belongs to you. Did you read that the sun is not having many flares? It could be a new mini ice age.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just keep those posts coming.

16. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will, thank you. Just keep on insulting me and I'll continue to report you.

17. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I've been enjoying the sunny (except for today) and comfortably warm days; this is my kind of winter! I'm in southern California but have only experienced a little shaking from earthquakes. I don't know how much longer this beautiful, warm weather will last, but I would prefer that it stays warm until summer, and then warms up a little more. It's been mostly in the 70's F here, and my ideal temps would be in the upper 70's to the mid 80's.

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in the state of California

is Jucumba? :wavey: Glad you like the warm days, but if we don't break this abnormal warmth and get some wet weather, you will see limits on how much water you can use to keep your lawn green, and more importantly; you will be encouraged to do this: "If it's yellow, let it mellow ... if it's brown, then flush it down!"

And if this is anything like the drought 30 years ago, you will have to pay for a glass of water at your next sit-down dinner. People will be turning in neighbors for washing cars. And lawns, shrubs and trees may be sacrificed to keep water in the taps for drinking only!

I agree; this is absolutely beautiful weather, but it is also dangerous, as the mountains and foothills are extremely thick with dry, dead brush, just waiting for a jerk to dry by and throw a cigarette butt out the window; or a dry lightning strikes to set off a massive wild fire.

I don't know how long you've lived in Cali, but we are a state that needs its rain, otherwise; we slip into places that will only be made worse by these abnormally clear, warm days!

And one more time, where is Jucumba, CA? :smilewinkgrin:

19. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The late J. Vernon McGhee used to say on the radio (Through The Bible) that California is the only state mentioned in the Bible when King Solomon noted:

Song of Solomon 6:11 I went down into the garden of nuts....