1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shedding Light on the Length of Pre-Sun Creation Days: A Text-Based Approach

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Ken Hamrick, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scientific Theories,change but facts do not change. The discoveries of Science in the last days before Jesus comes leaves ALL unbelievers without excuse. As we come closer to the end, you will see that Science will continue to confirm what God told us in Genesis IF you have the proper interpretation. Amen?

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think this says it all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I posted: "False, since I cannot find another view which shows the AGREEMENT of Scripture with every other discovered Truth of mankind."

Do you actually think that men who lived 3k years ago knew more about recent scientific discoveries than God? If so, ask them HOW to make a car. If what you say is true, do you think we should go back to caveman days when men's lifespans ended in their 30s? Many follow the theology of ancient Hebrews and ignore the fact that their leaders called for the crucifixion of Jesus. Jhn 19:6

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the earth and the sun are much-older than many believe, altho the current arrangement of the surface is not.

Proof?

EASY !

Gen. 1:2 says God's spirit hovered over THE FACE OF THE WATERS.

Ancient men knew ice is frozen water. And the writer of Genesis did NOT say God's spirit hovered over the face of the ICE. Now, maybe God temporarily blocked the sun's visible light from reaching earth, but the invisible infrared kept coming, or the water woulda been frozen harder than steel.

No rocket science or rocket Scripture needed to figure that out !

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lest you forget Galileo, there are times when science helps to lead us toward a proper hermeneutic.

(not so much in this case though :Wink)

Rob

6. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but the Sun was not made until the end of the 3rd Day. Genesis 1:16 God would have said Ice if that was what He wanted us to know.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I just said ! SOMETHING kept the water from freezing, & that something was the sun. I believe God temporarily blocked it off til He was making the present face of the earth.

8. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believing something does not make it so. The Sun was NOT made until the 4th Day. It came from the remains of the first Stars, which came from the Big Bang, and lit up for the first time on the 4th Day, Genesis 1:16 which was 180 million years, in man's time, AFTER the Big Bang. https://www.nationalgeographic.com › news › 2018/02 › first-stars-univers...Feb 28, 2018

You are trying to force the formation of Adam's small world to have happened AFTER the Big Bang. This is FALSE Scripturally since the Big Bang was on the 3rd Day Genesis 2:4 Adam''s world was made on the 2nd Day Genesis 1:8 long BEFORE the Big Bang of our Universe. Your view is refuted Scripturally, mathematically, and in every other way. Each of God's Days/Ages is billions of years, in man's time.

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, ***********
    One of the few (I’m supposing there are a few scattered through your rants??) comments I agree with!!

10. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. Maybe there is hope for you. :Cool

11. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really do strain here huh?

I was foolish in this area too at one point.

Just let the text rule man. No sense in getting caught up in the minutae of everything.