1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Maxine Walters be impeached?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Apr 19, 2021.

1. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Transcript of a short video clip:

Question: “As a Black man, despite all of the efforts, I feel like nothing changes. And George Floyd is waking so many people up, yet nothing has happened despite the rhetoric. What needs to happen that’s different this year than all the years before?”

Waters: “We’re looking for a guilty verdict. We’re looking for a guilty verdict and we’re looking to see if all of the talk that took place and has been taking place after they saw what happened to George Floyd, if nothing does not happen, then we know that we’ve got to not only stay in the street, but we’ve got to fight for justice. But I am very hopeful, and I hope that we’re going to get a verdict that will say guilty, guilty, guilty. And if we don’t, we cannot go away.”

Question: “And not just manslaughter, right?”

Waters: “Oh no, not manslaughter. No, no, no, this is guilty for murder. I don’t know whether it’s in the first degree but as far as I’m concerned it’s first-degree murder.”

Question: “Ms. Congresswoman. What happens if we do not get what you just told? What should the people do? What should protesters on the street do?”

Waters: “I didn’t hear you.”

Question: “What happens…”

Question: “What should protesters do?”

Waters: “Well, we’ve got to stay on the street. And we’ve got to get more active. We’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business.”​

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1