1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Showing sympathy to a large group of people in USA!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, May 18, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to show more sympathy for these people. They travel miles in the heat ... They risk their lives crossing a border. ... They don't get paid enough
    wages ... They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do ... They live in crowded conditions among people who speak a different language ... They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day ~ every day.
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    I'll bet you thought I was describing the plight of this nations illegal Mexicans ~ But, the answer is "No!" I'm talking about our troops! Doesn't it seem strange that so many are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops? Just look at our VA hospital system and scandal it is now embroiled in? Wouldn't it be great if we took the $360,000,000,000 (that's billion) we spend on illegals every year, and spend it on our troops???

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Interesting. This exact post is floating around several discussion boards by a number of posters and no one seems to be able to justify the $360B number. The point would have been just as valid with the actual $100B so why stretch the numbers?

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I checked .... AND

.... according to some of the cyber fact finders, the numbers are for real!

Just to prove these numbers are for real, here is what LA county spent in 2013 on illegals [1.6 billion] http://capoliticalnews.com/2013/10/...-spends-1-6-billion-a-year-on-illegal-aliens/

And in a report from 2004, note this was ten years ago! California reported spending $10.5 billion a year, and in ten years, that number has definitely gone up!

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationnaturalizatio/a/caillegals.htm

So, brother, now maybe you can see how heavy a burden the border jumpers have on our economy, and why states, like California are going broke!

I've heard the arguments, so I'll spare you a few finger taps, these folks do contribute too! Even so, the numbers noted in these and other articles are figuring in their contributions versus our outgo!

And now California has passed legislation similar to the dream act, and it will provide free university education for illegal children to keep them on par with the affluent who pay their own way!

THINK America .... how much more will amnesty to bring in total costs? The difference is, the liberal in office and the GOP too, will be able to rationalize the money spent as no loner being for illegals, but rather legal citizens.

As I said in another post, "What a crock ... and we, the tax-paying publics are supposed to go along with this as business as usual.

This is one of the reasons this country is in serious trouble. We need to lock down the borders, deport folks, regardless of whether it breaks up a family! These people knew the potential for deportation when they came, so I can't feel too badly for them because in truth they gambled, and if we start sending people back, they lost!

Secondly, we need to end the anchor baby law. It is drowning us in future debt, and no other nation, that I know of, has such liberal laws for babies born in their country to illegals. The babies born to illegals, should bear the price of being illegal too!

After all .... you and I didn't do anything to be branded a sinner, but when we were born, we were born sinners. We carried the sin of our parents, and we need to right the wrong with God. I don't think he is about giving amnesty to those born to sinners, and we all are on the same playing field; it is up to us to choose, and make it right!

Same should be laid on children of illegals; they carry the same brand as the parents who willing broke the laws, and they need to stand in line, like people have done since the country was founded, and become legal by way of laws, not bleeding-heart sympathy!

Just saying my piece ... about a subject that has divided this nation! :type: