Sign Gifts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Berean, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I differentiate between Pentecostals who, while wrong on tongues and the so called baptism of Holy Ghost, but are still teaching the right jesus and right Gospel, and the many Charismatic teachers in WOF/Prosperity/modern day revealtions, who promote heresy!

2. John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you don't see tongues as a heresy that splits churches? Yet about every time a Pentecostal goes to another church, they start insisting that the members there speak in tongues. Voila: church split.

3. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very few, at least. About the only one I know of is Dr. O. Talmadge Spence.

4. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's still the same gifts in view. Interpretation would be necessary when the gift of tongues is used when numerous languages are present. If one speaking in another language has like speaking associates present, they would need to know what was being said. The one speaking in a language would not be simultaneously speaking more than one language.

God bless.

5. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Slain in the Spirit" is one that comes to mind.

God bless.

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see teaching that tongues are for today is not right, but still do see a difference between the theology of the Aog and the modern Charasmatics!

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While i was still in the AOG, they did do papers that refuted the modern day health and wealth, and divine healing as a right, and additional revelations being given today though!

8. John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the correction. I do have his book, Charismatism: Awakening or Apostasy?

9. John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not plugged into any information about the AOG, so I'll leave that up to you. I have heard that they are the most Biblical of the old line Pentecostals, and they have a much better missions program than the rest.

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    During one of the annual meetings, the AOG produced a report that condemned word of faith, prosperity as being wrong, and while holding to divine healing, that it was not in the atonement as the faith teachers say it is. They also condemned any further revelations coming from God today.

11. John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, that's another. I can still see Ernest Angley on TM smacking someone in the forehead, after which they would fall back into the arms of the assistants, "slain in the Spirit," I suppose. What wickedness to claim the Holy Spirit does that.

One of the worst ever representations of the Charismatic movement is the "Toronto Blessing," which they suppose to be a revival, I suppose. In it were manifestations of kundalini activity (Hindu possession by a goddess), barking like a dog, etc. I saw a video of a man named John Scotland, a preacher from the Toronto Blessing who supposedly got "drunk in the spirit." (I dare not capitalize "spirit" here.) He "preached" with slurred speech just as if he were soused. That's blasphemy!

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about having uncontrollable holy laughter coming upon people?

13. Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Charismatics have spiritual power, it seems to me, that is overwhelmingly occult and thus from the hand of Satan. I have thought that they could have real gifts from the Spirit, but the unbiblical nature of their "gifts" gives away what is going on. Our main dialogue with them should be to warn them of the ramifications of knowing and serving the wrong master. They need rebuke and discipline desperately in order to be loved.

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that not all of the Charasmatrics are under that situation, but that many of their spiritual leadership in word of faith/prosperity/modern day Apostles/prophets are indeed being hoodwinked by a counterfeit spirit, and not the Holy Spirit, as he would not be giving such heresies as they profess...

15. Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Yeshua1, how did I manifest such gifts as a believer recently, and get led astray? It seems Satan can target the elect with the very worst things he can do, just not win in the end against those who really love Jesus.

16. John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not from God, for sure. :rolleyes:

How do I know? Never happened in the Bible, in particular in any Bible revival.

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say in your particular case, that since the people in spiritual leadership were not under the Holy Spirit, you were indeed dealing with strange spirits!

18. atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I experience that whenever someone comes on TV with a chart and wants to explain to me the secret code hidden in Revelation. :)

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange that so many in the Charasmatic world sees that is legit!

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or when someone like ken Copeland stop i middle of his sermon and starts talking to God directly!