1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Signs Of The Times - For The Rapture Or Second Coming?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by BibleTalk, Dec 19, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

We are "in" Christ...not "with" Christ. We will someday be "with" Him.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The Scripture I posted states unequivocally: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. If Jesus Christ is in me He is certainly with me don't you think. So argue with the Apostle Paul when you meet him.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know I'm a big man...but I don't have Christ's physical body (He does have one, remember the resurrection?) literally inside me. I don't know how big you are, but I doubt His physical body is in you, too.

No need to argue with Paul about this one. Nothing like taking figurative language literally :rolleyes:

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

hummm

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

I think I'll stick with the Bible on this one.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll stick with it too, I just see the difference in figurative language compared to literal. Of course God dwells within us, and Christ is God. This is not the point being made. In the future God will live with man in New Jerusalem. I'll stick with the Bible on that.

Where does Christ's physical body fit inside you...or do you not think He ascended to the Father in a real physical body?

#105 webdog, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
  6. OldRegular

And all this time I thought literal interpretation was one of the outstanding features of dispensational error. :flower:

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you not discern when the Scripture is to be taken literally or not? Is Christ also a real lion?

8. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Saints are compared to the "Angels of heaven" another word for angels is "Stars".''

Mt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Re 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches:

Da 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

The "holy ones" includes the whole "HOST OF HEAVEN".

9. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Nu 11:11 And Moses said unto the LORD, Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me?

12 Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers?

Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom:

I don't think Moses or Abraham had the physical ability to "literally carry" all the people depending on them.

It is a Figurative means of speech.

We're in the "bosom of Jesus".

10. OldRegular

Given you are dispensationalist and I am not I believe my discernment is better than yours. However, dispensationalists harp on literal interpretation so much I guess I could not discern they were not serious.

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The phrase "holy ones" could mean the whole host of heaven if that is the context.

peace to you:praying:

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That would be like saying my liver with me... Most people would say my liver is in me. :smilewinkgrin:

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Good for you. But this has nothing to do with Christ being with us. Christ is God. Therefore he is everywhere. You seem not to understand Spiritual meanings.

Nor is Christ limited to His body, so this has nothing to do with anything. When Scripture speaks of the Spirit of God being in us, (Or in this case Christ in you) it is not talking about Christ physical body. Christ physical body was raised and did overcome death, but he is not limited to that Body. I can't understand why you would bring this up. When Scripture says...."I will never leave thee nor forsake thee", this was not just a token statement of hope. Christ is with us and always will be with us. You must not limit Christ as you often chose to do.

Awwww. yeah. But this too has nothing to do with the subject. However, if it did have something to do with it, and again it does not, you still make no point. After the resurrection the Body ate food, but it also walked through walls. If Christ can walk through a wall, I'm sure he can fit inside your "big body".

But again, you seem not to get the meaning. The passage is LITERALLY....not a made-up story. It has nothing to do with Christ Body that I can tell, so why bring it up?

Yes...that is what the Bible says. You bring up a body only to dodge the jam you now face in your logic.

Not that this has anything to do with the subject, but God can do anything. Please stop saying he cannot. How did he walk though the walls? humm

roll your eyes if you wish....but Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?

#113 Jarthur001, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
  14. OldRegular

Is it possible that a substantial number of people on this Forum are still drinking milk and that from a bottle [with a nipple]?

Do they not understand that Scripture tells us [This is Old Testament so perhaps they will believe it.]: Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD. [Deuteronomy 6:4

Do they not understand that Jesus Christ told us: I and my Father are one. [John 10:30]

Do they not understand that Scripture teaches about Jesus Christ: For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9

Do they not understand that there are dozens of Scripture that talk about the indwelling Jesus Christ. Just a few for their enlightenment:

1Corinthians 3:16. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
    2Corinthians 6:16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Galatians 2:20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

15. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Do you know the "GOD" was "LITERALLY" manifested here in the world,

and if God was literally manifested in the world,

"HOW" much "MORE" of scripture has/will be literally manifested here in the world???

For instance, let's say Jesus's promise to be "RESURRECTED" (back on the earth) "early in the morning of the "THIRD DAY", and another "DAY OF REST". (MK)

Do you believe "THE WORLD" will never "LITERALLY SEE" this come to pass???

http://i25.tinypic.com/1znaptj.jpg

Better "wake up", you're living at the very end of a Generation prophesied not to pass until it's all over.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

James, try following the thread for a change. The point was Christ living with us...physically living with us...not physically living IN us. Do you believe you will walk and talk with our Lord someday? I do, because Scripture says God will dwell WITH us. We will have the same bodies Christ PRESENTLY has.

I know Christ is in me in a spiritual sense. Get with the thread and focus, James, instead of just trying to disagree with everything I say just for the sake of disagreement.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Quite arrogant, aren't we? :rolleyes: Did you realize pride is a sin, OR?

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Big man webdog,

I never would have posted on this tread save the fact you made this statement..

The Union with Christ is a basic Christian doctrine. You make much to do with the physical body as if it must be inside a person in order for God to be with them. The “in Christ” and the “with Christ”…carries the same meaning. God’s eternal plan to save His people is that they should have salvation by union with the Son of God.

Walking with God face to face is something anyone can do NOW!!...that is if they are a believer.

Christ’s righteousness belongs to believers within the union with Christ . You cannot split the two phrases as you wish to do. This is but Christian doctrine 101

Notice how many “in Christ” passages there are in N.T. …..“in Christ” is used 216 times by Paul alone. A believer is never apart from Christ.

This is the point made to the woman at the well. Jesus told her, there would be a day when we would worship in Spirit and truth. There is no real need to worship in a church alone, for he is with us each and everyday. Jesus is saying, if you desire to worship God you can do it right now without going to church. Christ is with us always.

How is the believer united to Christ? The Bible provides much with this idea in mind.

We have stones in a building (believers) and the building’s chief cornerstone (Christ).

We have branches of a vine (believers) and the main vine itself (Christ)

We have a body (believers) and the body’s head (Christ) (Eph 4:15, 16).

The Headship of Christ is His Lordship over believers. Our relationship to Christ as Head is a living..... growing, union. It's an organic union in which Christ Himself takes up residence within the individual.

We also have a wife (believers) and a husband (Christ)

Union with Christ has an incredible significance for one’s daily walk. Christ is the fountainhead for every spiritual blessing: repentance, faith, pardon, justification, adoption, sanctification, perseverance, glorification. No human agency can join us to Christ. Once the Spirit baptizes a person into Christ, the Lord becomes their Head and Husband.

You said..
    Look..big guy….

Being that it is spiritual, does not mean it is not real. Being that it is spiritual does not mean it is figurative. Being with us is REAL. Spiritual is even more real than others things. Or think ye that the scripture speaketh in vain? Doth the spirit which he made to dwell in us long unto envying?

19. OldRegular

Actually webdog I was like Adam and Eve in the Garden, innocent, until I came across dispensationalists on this Forum. I detected a quality among them I was unfamiliar with, particularly among Christians. I soon learned that quality [word loosely used] was prideful arrogance. They believe that everyone who does not agree with their false doctrine is either liberal, ignorant, think that God lies, and other assorted evils.

20. OldRegular

Scripture Please!:wavey: