1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Silly Coronavirus Things / Do's & Don'ts / Necessities

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to Sam's Club and see that I was late to the party. No meat, frozen food section completely empty, no bread, no cheese, no milk, no pasta or beans, bottled and can drinks getting low. The store was half empty of products and very crowded at 8 in the evening. No dog food except a guy just brought in 2 pallets and I was one of about 8 to take a bag off the top before it even was even put in the bin. It was a very strange sight...

2. Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing like see big rice rationed at the wholesale club in America...

Me thinks of Soviet Russia back in the late 80s

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm a minute rice guy with healthy amounts of teriyaki sauce and chicken. Regular rice takes too long and sticks too much for my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I do feel for you having to resort to dog food in this situation. Still, it is edible and healthy enough, even if not very palatable. I'm not saying it's a do, but maybe it's not a don't. :Wink

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dogs even like this new brand which has different colors and shapes, kinds reminds me of Lucky Charms. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Roflmao My dogs liked your post. :Wink I couldn't help but notice your use of "even," but I'm not yet induced to trying it myself.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People are losing their minds

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't: Buy into the stupidity of the Globalist mindset of thinking "Herd Immunity" could be the solution! The answer to this neglectful approach is equal to that of considering our elderly as expendable. THE ELDERLY ARE THE ONE'S who will pay the price if we neglect to stop the spread of this disease! 15%+ could die people! To neglect the seriousness and to repeat the ignorance that this is just another flu and allow it to spread is to have lost one's mind!

WHO questions UK's approach to 'herd immunity' amid coronavirus fight | Daily Mail Online

9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is God in control?

I agree with using good judgment and wisdom. I refuse to panic when I believe God has every person's life in his hand.

Let us, therefore, begin by bowing our knee to the King who can stop this virus with a word. Then, let us wisely act to stop what the Old Testament called leprosy (an infectious, spreading disease). God and epidemiology go hand in hand.

Is God in control?

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one's asking you to panic, but rationale people are asking that precautions are taken to protect our most vulnerable. Was God in control when He commanded to look out for the welfare of poor, weak and vulnerable?

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, he is in control. Do you often cough on the poor, weak and vulnerable or do you cover your cough?

Common sense and faith.

12. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Figures it would be far left Bernie supporters that are also talking about the value of what they can get from Boomers being removed from medicare and whatnot.[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A great gift idea!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Half the country next week...

upload_2020-3-16_20-44-6.jpeg

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Silly: I went to train a 90 year old man who is on O2 today that likes shake hands. So, when he reached I explained to him that we had to do an elbow bump. Then, I invented an exercise dance routine which I called the “Corona Elbow Bump” and had some fun with that. Now, that the idea is in my head there is no telling how far this could go. [​IMG]

18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    .[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Necessities: I do believe that in a sense "we are at are war with a silent enemy" and therein I believe in arming myself to the teeth if I am to do battle. I am also a master craftsman in woodworking and hold high the value in having the right tools to do a job. Besides that, I have a degree in Physical Therapy so have an understanding of the value of natural healing and the body's amazing abilities to overcome if it is given every opportunity to do so.

Considering the "enemy's" most deadly weapon, to attack the lungs and rob us of air, I decided to listen to my instinct and to arm myself with the best defense I could should things get bad and provisions got low. I thought about the value of owning an oxygen concentrator should the need arise and also about some of my past actions where I didn't listen to my instincts and later regretted it, so I went to Amazon and ordered one for about $600. Which is a lot of money to justify spending unless and until it is actually needed to save a life, then it is more precious than gold and the best money I ever spent!

An overreaction, maybe, but I will take comfort in having that tool when it arrives. That comfort outweighs that I might feel a little embarrassed if this turns out to never even coming close to being a need. On the other hand, I am responsible to provide the best care I can for my family and I can't do that if I am not properly prepared.

When I ordered the oxygen concentrator, on March 13th, there were about 30 brands and it seemed a lot of stock which after seeing everyone beat me to buying any hand sanitizer or alcohol it also made me like I could be being ridiculous that maybe no one else was doing this, but I'd made up my mind and bought it anyway.

Yesterday, I checked my shipping status which said it was in progress but when I clicked on the product details the page was no longer available. I then went to the category and saw there were only about 7 brands still listed. I clicked on those brands and all but one said the page was no longer available and that one was for $1,500. Today I went back to the category and there was not one oxygen concentrator even listed, they were all gone, the listings closed. So, it seems I wasn't alone in this consideration.

I will keep praying that I never need it, I'd rather be wrong that right on this one, but I will also thank God for the opportunity to have it.

20. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Korea is seeing lower numbers because they have tested and found the hot spots.
    Sounds like the problem is a bureaucratic boondoggle in the US.